Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Rata Sum, Capitol of the Asura

2»

Comments

• phantiasmicphantiasmic Member Posts: 38

One thing I hope for is that they do NOT have another neutral big city somewhere that pulls people out of the racial capitals. That is what hurt WoW in my opinion anyway is everyone migrated to new "expansion" main cities too much. 

I'd like to see it stay consistant with people flocking to the racial capitals.

Seems every game gets some things right and some things wrong, GW2 seems to be grabbing all the good ideas in one game, it isn't perfect... but darn near close to it.

My wife and I are hugely awaiting GW2 and I do not mind waiting to make sure it hits the ground running 100% ready to go.

- I have played Everquest, DAOC, Shadowbane, WoW, Aion, Rift, SW Galaxies, Planetside and Guild Wars (all expacs)

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by phantiasmic

One thing I hope for is that they do NOT have another neutral big city somewhere that pulls people out of the racial capitals. That is what hurt WoW in my opinion anyway is everyone migrated to new "expansion" main cities too much.

Seems every game gets some things right and some things wrong, GW2 seems to be grabbing all the good ideas in one game, it isn't perfect... but darn near close to it.

My wife and I are hugely awaiting GW2 and I do not mind waiting to make sure it hits the ground running 100% ready to go.

There will be a neutral city, Lion's Arch, as was previously mentioned in the comments. However I doubt everyone would be congregating there, leaving the other cities desolate, because unlike in other MMOs the cities each have a purpose... to provide fun unique activities for the players. Like in the Human city you can participate in the shooting gallery or join the bar brawl, or in the Norn city you can have fun playing keg brawl with your friends.

Each city has it's own selection of fun activities for players to participate in.

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

They better have a good /stuck command

• ResiaResia Member Posts: 119

That looks like a fun city.

"Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better." parrotpholk

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

If all factions are basically allied, then wouldnt all cities be neutral (or better) cities to the player?   I mean instead of having factions to compete against there are other servers to compete against.  So the very notion that there will be some sort of other city that can draw the playes to it instead of the others (for reasons other than astethics) is impossible.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by Master_M2K

There will be a neutral city, Lion's Arch, as was previously mentioned in the comments. However I doubt everyone would be congregating there, leaving the other cities desolate, because unlike in other MMOs the cities each have a purpose... to provide fun unique activities for the players. Like in the Human city you can participate in the shooting gallery or join the bar brawl, or in the Norn city you can have fun playing keg brawl with your friends.

Each city has it's own selection of fun activities for players to participate in.

Each player will have to come back to their home city from time to time if they want to progress their personal story as well.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

Originally posted by cali59

Originally posted by Master_M2K

*snip*

Each player will have to come back to their home city from time to time if they want to progress their personal story as well.

Yeah, there's that too, but I just wanna go visit my local, get pissed and have a bit of a bar brawl. Would be like an old Western, smashing bottles on peoples' heads. lol

Originally posted by WizGamer

They better have a good /stuck command

I actually wonder if you can fall from off the city, rather than getting stuck somewhere.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

All i need now is the release goddamit!!! >:(

So What Now?

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

I love the look of the city; I could definitely see the Asura bending the land to their will in the 250 year time gap between the games. I look forward to seeing their floating buildings and all the other weird inventions they have came up with since we last saw Rata Sum. 

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by AKASlaphappy

I love the look of the city; I could definitely see the Asura bending the land to their will in the 250 year time gap between the games. I look forward to seeing their floating buildings and all the other weird inventions they have came up with since we last saw Rata Sum. 

Yep, when you think about its not hard to imagine.  The US has only been formally "The US" for close to 250 years and we have certainly bended the land to our will.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

wow... what i luv bout the citys in gw2 is they feel alive not like other mmo's for example rift where sactum felt dead makes me wanna run over to every npc and hear what there talking about or laughing about... luv what AN have done with them... so pumped!!!