Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: Expanding to Tokyo Next Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of Hellgate will have a new location in which to battle the demonic hordes come September 22nd. The Tokyo region will be added to the game with new quests, monsters, gear and more.

Tokyo will feature twenty four levels and several new bosses for players to battle. Additionally, two new game modes are being added:

• Cow Room: Players test their strength by facing hordes and hordes of zombies.

• Base Defense: Players defend supply bases against a horde of demons.

• Hell Mode: Players take on much harder challenges with the chance of better loot and experience from upgraded mobs and bosses.

Find out more about Hellgate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GolbezaGolbeza Member Posts: 62

Aaah, been waiting for this! Awesome news! :D

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Hello everyone,

Am downloading this baby as we speak, the client files are around 5.66Gb  and i'm at roughly at 90% there. Am expecting this to be awesome, as it seemed from the many gameplay videos i watched on the web. Am glad to see the game is having constant updates.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Radoo
    Hello everyone,Am downloading this baby as we speak, the client files are around 5.66Gb  and i'm at roughly at 90% there. Am expecting this to be awesome, as it seemed from the many gameplay videos i watched on the web. Am glad to see the game is having constant updates. 

I was not super impressed 30 days ago. I wasn't really disappointed either. The graphics seemed kind of dated, and a couple of the quests got bugged. The game itself had a pretty good pace to it and I didn't feel pressured to use the cash shop for anything. Overall, it was 'OK', but I couldn't really get past the graphics, knowing I would have to buy access to further zones to progress in the game. On the other, other hand, the tickets for the other zones were cheap. I dunno, I think it was just the graphics that put me off the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Hello everyone,

Am downloading this baby as we speak, the client files are around 5.66Gb  and i'm at roughly at 90% there. Am expecting this to be awesome, as it seemed from the many gameplay videos i watched on the web. Am glad to see the game is having constant updates.

If you look at the news/updates section of the game's site, you'll see that overall communication and updates are actually few and far between.

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by lizardbones

Hello everyone,Am downloading this baby as we speak, the client files are around 5.66Gb  and i'm at roughly at 90% there. Am expecting this to be awesome, as it seemed from the many gameplay videos i watched on the web. Am glad to see the game is having constant updates. 

I was not super impressed 30 days ago. I wasn't really disappointed either. The graphics seemed kind of dated, and a couple of the quests got bugged. The game itself had a pretty good pace to it and I didn't feel pressured to use the cash shop for anything. Overall, it was 'OK', but I couldn't really get past the graphics, knowing I would have to buy access to further zones to progress in the game. On the other, other hand, the tickets for the other zones were cheap. I dunno, I think it was just the graphics that put me off the game.

Of course they are dated, this game came out in 2007, they just re-released it since the original company went under a few years back.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Archeminos

Of course they are dated, this game came out in 2007, they just re-released it since the original company went under a few years back.

Nah its more than that. Back when the game came out it did look good but the new version is stripped of a lot of what made the game look so good back then. It's not a case of it looking dated because of it's age but rather because they scaled the graphics completely down, it looks nothing like the 2007 version looked. Comparing the two i'd say that what has been re-released now is more along the lines of what it looked like back then with the settings at low to medium.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

Awsome ! Please put the cash shop items in the game and leave them, Its a waste to put in items we need for a week and take them out. I mean really if you are in business to make money lol. 

Did you fix the horrable lag in south edo castle ??? did you fix the monsters shooting us to death through the walls in the new zones. I caint wait to play it,,,, Just hope its fixed enough to be playable.

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

they need first fix fking freeze bug and server lag... terrible, it's unplayable now...