Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do we answer in the job interview? WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?

Hi! Its my first time to look for jobs and the first interview i got  interviewed. Its really scary to look for jobs, even though there are countless jobs out there but only 1 or a few in the job interview pass and get hired. Old people says that its easy to find a job, however its hard to get the job due to competition with other job interviewees.

So guys how should we answer this question? Need a good answer.  Thanks

Comments

• funkyremixfunkyremix Member Posts: 3

Take the time to research the company. That way you'll be ready with knowledgeable answers for the job interview questions that specifically relate to the company you are interviewing with.

A typical interview question, asked to get your opinion, or to validate the interviewer's opinion, on why you would be the best candidate for the position, is "Why should we hire you?"

The best way to respond is to give concrete examples of why your skills and accomplishments make you the best candidate for the job. Take a few moments to compare the job description with your abilities, as well as mentioning what you have accomplished in your other positions. Be positive and reiterate your interest in the company and the position.

Hope i answered your question. Goodluck for your interview! image

• thommic12thommic12 Member Posts: 9

Our key strategy is to first uncover your interviewer's greatest wants and needs before you answer questions. You might say: "I have a number of accomplishments I'd like to tell you about, but I want to make the best use of our time together and talk directly to your needs. To help me do, that, could you tell me more about the most important priorities of this position? All I know is what I (heard from the recruiter, read in the classified ad, etc.)" 

Then, ALWAYS follow-up with a second and possibly, third question, to draw out his needs even more. Surprisingly, it's usually this second or third question that unearths what the interviewer is most looking for. 

You might ask simply, "And in addition to that?..." or, "Is there anything else you see as essential to success in this position? 

Prior to any interview, you should have a list mentally prepared of your greatest strengths. You should also have, a specific example or two, which illustrates each strength, an example chosen from your most recent and most impressive achievements. You should have this list of your greatest strengths and corresponding examples from your achievements very well committed to memory. 

Then, once you uncover your interviewer's greatest wants and needs, you can choose those achievements from your list that best match up. As a general guideline, the 10 most desirable traits that all employers love to see in their employees are: 

1. A proven track record as an achiever...especially if your achievements match up with the employer's greatest wants and needs.

2. Intelligence...management "savvy".

3. Honesty...integrity...a decent human being.

4. Good fit with corporate culture...someone to feel comfortable with...a team player who meshes well with interviewer's team.

5. Likeability...positive attitude...sense of humor.

6. Good communication skills.

7. Dedication...willingness to walk the extra mile to achieve excellence.

8. Definiteness of purpose...clear goals.

9. Enthusiasm...high level of motivation.

10. Confident...healthy...a leader.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

My present company asked me the same question, 18 and half years ago.

When they asked me that question, I said " Because I AM the best in my field and you will not find anyone more experienced or will work as hard as I will.

I started work the next day.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

As a bike shop cashier :)

On a serious note another tough question that I have trouble answering is what are your weaknesses. It's one of those questions where you're screwed no matter what you say. What are some good answers to that question?

Originally posted by JimmyYO

As a bike shop cashier :)

On a serious note another tough question that I have trouble answering is what are your weaknesses. It's one of those questions where you're screwed no matter what you say. What are some good answers to that question?

The job I applied for was a Construction Estimator for a large Commercial/Residential General Contractor.

As far as that question:

Well, kidding around, you could say "Women"

All men have a weakness for women.  That is a known fact.  Unless you are...um

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Simple.

When they literally ask "why should we hire you?", you do something completely unexpected that might make you the coolest guy at the office - long before you even got in. I would suggest a quick magic trick, nothing that explodes, or do a quick riff on a flute and summon 3 midgets painted like oompa loompas.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

What is your weakness is a question asked to find if the interviewee is self-aware.

What they're looking for is an example, and then follow-up the example with how you turned it around. This shows progression. You're improving yourself, and by improving yourself you show motivation.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Never be afraid to admit weaknesses, particularly when asked directly, everyone has them, and an employer is unlikely to believe that you are the one person on Earth who is absolutely perfect.

With that said, don't allow the discussion to center on those problems, and try to phrase them as regions you have improved upon and/or are continuing to improve. Giving specific examples where you overcame your obstacles in order to do a stellar job anyways is recommended.

Note: If when applying to a job online, part of the process includes a personality test, be very careful. A lot of those personality tests for low wage entry positions are utter crap.

For example, a question I got asked alot on one of the most common online tests out there:

You get really angry when the courts let guilty criminals go free

-strongly agree

-agree

-don't know

-disagree

-strongly disagree

How do you answer something like that? If you agree, you apparently get angry rather easily and probably don't understand how the justice system works. If you disagree, you are apparently fine with criminals getting away comepletely scott free.

The "correct" answer is apparently strongly agree. So, these people are looking to hire angry idiots?

I asked one manager about it, he told me that they don't even get a copy of your answers, or a brief assesment of your supposed personality, just a green/yellow/red color rating.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• yoshi56yoshi56 Member Posts: 5

That's because I am a responsible and positive person, I am totally dedicated to my job. And I believe I will get along well with colleagues, learn from each of them and become an asset to the company. I realize that there are likely other candidates who also have the ability to do this job... Yet I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job--my passion for excellence.... I am passionately committed to producing truly world class results..I am motivated and willing to join the team. Ready to provide to this company the customer service that will keep the clients satisfied.You should hire me because I am the best person to fill this position , beside my experience in customer service and public relation fields , I have the personality and the requirements for this position and I feel I will add a quality to this job .

• aero40aero40 Member Posts: 6

You should hire me because I am a self motivated person, I am hardworking, but easy to work with. I possess the knowledge and skills which are required for such position. Aside my work experience and knowledge, I think I have the personality and capability. I have a strong work ethic and integrity and I am capable of learning and catching on to new systems and ideas. I'm responsible and well organized. I also take pride in following through with my tasks and deadlines to see them finished. I have the skill set necessary to perform the job you need done quickly and efficiently with a good attitude to go with it. And although there may be others that are just as qualified if not more qualified, they do not bring the flavor that I bring to the mix. I think my cheerful demeanor, personality, and my strong work ethics combined make me a wonderful part of a team, as well as a valuable asset to the company.

• splinter_opssplinter_ops Member Posts: 7

tell her you are an intelligent person who can grasp concepts and ideas quickly, can work independently and knows how to prioritize and delegate important tasks. Tell her that you get along well with others and enjoy being a team player but arent shy when its your turn to take the lead. Tell her that you can bring a positive attitude and alot of fresh new ideas and can take them from idea to reality, tell her you have a good communication skills and can openly verbalize your message.

• nunezchiconunezchico Member Posts: 4

I believe I have the capacity to contribute significantly to the growth of this company. This I believe can be achieved by working in accordance with the company's vision and objective. If I am employed here I would successfully apply newly acquired skills, readily become a team player and adhere to company's policies on work ethics and standard so that the company can be counted as one of the best in the industry; not forgetting that I would also love to be trained and developed into becoming a more successful.

Originally posted by nunezchico

I believe I have the capacity to contribute significantly to the growth of this company. This I believe can be achieved by working in accordance with the company's vision and objective. If I am employed here I would successfully apply newly acquired skills, readily become a team player and adhere to company's policies on work ethics and standard so that the company can be counted as one of the best in the industry; not forgetting that I would also love to be trained and developed into becoming a more successful.

Sounds like you memorized a portion of a resume'.   LOL

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Interviews are probably the most pain in the butt part of applying for a job. The difficulty of the interview depends on:-

Easy-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hard

Type of Job:

Cleaner at McDonalds                                                                               Manager role at a bank

Competition:

Not many competing candidates                                                               Loads of candidates

They don't have much xp and you're max level                                        Opposite

-                                                                                                                Your fellow candidate is the interviewers friend/relative

Something you can't control:

Your interview likes what you're saying                                                     You might be saying good stuff but the interviewer                                                                                                                     loves other strengths

Basically the generic advice for interviews are AVOID cliches, be a good version of yourself and give examples of when you exels at a hard task etc. Sugar coated stuff like you are the most interpersonal person in the world is the same s*** the interviewer has heard a million times over. End of the day, you're competing for a job 99% of the time, so it's not about being an ultra awesome candidate, t's about being a better than you're fellow potential employees.

Btw, I've never had a job in my life and I have an interview tomorrow for a job at a bowling place......lol

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Originally posted by cooler78

Hi! Its my first time to look for jobs and the first interview i got  interviewed. Its really scary to look for jobs, even though there are countless jobs out there but only 1 or a few in the job interview pass and get hired. Old people says that its easy to find a job, however its hard to get the job due to competition with other job interviewees.

There is one thing what you should not give as an answer, just as an example:

To tell them that you are not the only one with such a qualification and that you tell most things already about you....blablabla

They just ask you such a question to make some pressure on you and it can be friendly or aggressive, at the end they want to hear that you are highly motivated and that you have the skill for the job. Not just the expirience or knowledge but also your soft skills. In other words do a summary with your best arguements to get the job, your expirience or your education and your soft skills. You have to know the company you apply for, it could be important to know your career goals, also why the company fits you and you dont apply just for a job - refer here to the company why you would fit in. If you apply for a job it is not only about your certificates and expirience, its also about your personality and maybe a hint about that you do the job with sweat and tears is a positive point.

There is for sure more, I didnt read the other answers but thats just one example. It depends a lot of what kind of job you apply for...in most cases people are probably nervous, like most of us but if you are calm you can also take a more innitative discussion which most staff executive are maybe not prepared for  and it could be an advancement if you do it right, but common self confidence is sometimes not so easy in an actual job interview since its a stressituation.

• squeaky1squeaky1 Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by cooler78

Don't be afraid to tell good things about yourself, but don't use canned responses.  BE SINCERE!!!  When interviewers ask questions like that, they are trying to gauge a person's personality, not a rundown of memorized sayings.  They are looking for intangible qualities and how you would fit into the work team.  Will you show initiative?  Are you dependable?  Can you work with others?

You should also be ready to answer what are qualities you need to improve upon.  Again, be truthful and sincere.

When you're in competition for a job, coming across as honest and open will win you many browny points.

- How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

- I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

dont script a response.  not only do interviewers notice it, they may ask you questions like this to test your sincerity.  you have to show a genuine interest in the position youre applying for, otherwise you look like every other job hunter out there with scripted responses.

if you get to the point where theyre asking you questions like this, rest assured its a test of personality and not experience.  ive interviewed countless graduates and military and the majority of the interview process is to evaluate your personality and how we might see you fitting in with a team environment.  if theyre interviewing you, they already know you have the required skills

• pollymolliepollymollie Member Posts: 3

I have the competencies and qualification required to do the job. I am hardworking and very dependable. I am equally committed to producing world class result. Please can I explain this further? When I was working with Economic Research and policy mgt dept. in the Ministry of finance, I was responsible for producing the monthly budget of the national Economic Mgt team, and for the first time it was not sent back for review by the Permanent Secretary, both my Boss and Perm Sec were satisfied. Similarly, I was the first corps member to be ever posted to work with Hon. Minister of Finance; this was due largely to my hard work and dedication to duty. I believe hard work with good result is like a magnetic field, it attracts more work and favor too. I have a very strong desire to make a great success in this corporation because my best is just beginning to start

• helgarichiehelgarichie Member Posts: 4

I am capable, reliable, ethical, and have excellent judgement. I can get along with anyone and can follow directions and be trusted to do the job without direction. I am extremely honorable in my business dealings. I am accountable to make sure every client recieves the kind of quality service they deserve. I hold my program staff acountable to meet clients needs and to honor their committments to them. I am a supervisor who can absolutely be trusted to assure my clients are treated fairly and their needs are met. I am attentive and provide a stable healing milieu, seeking out clients to talk and to assist them with problems and reliable to help them achieve their goals in a timely fashion. I never pass the buck or avoid responsibilty. I seek my clients to assure their needs are met and that they recieve the quality care and service they need and get the results they believed they would recieve when they contracted with my company or with me.

• goriodoriongoriodorion Member Posts: 4

Enjoy working to the deadlines, and ready to work till christmas without vacation, I'm eager to learn and really appreciate learning from others I strongly believe that I get along eassily with my collegues because I am friendly chatty and very easy to live with, I am still in contact with people from my previous work we used to be as a small family drink after work shraing food during lunch cooking for each other. Also I must admit that I am not a pretencious person, If I dont know I ask I'm the one that think that life Its a school and everyday its a lesson. I cope with stress very easily so I'm ready to help my collegues during critical situation.

• wrigleyswrigleys Member Posts: 2

I am a hardworking person, a quick learner, I can do multiple tasks, flexible and i'm loyal to the company. Basically I am a kind of person who enjoys working with different kind of individual, I love variety, and working with different kinds of people has always been a challenging thing to me. It keeps me going.

Being a person, working at your respective company I should know how to handle the rules and regulations of your company aside from that maintain the quality and productivity with good performance so that the satisfaction of your client will be consistent. Lastly I will do the needs and wants of the customers but also client satisfaction.

• zackkellogszackkellogs Member Posts: 3

Do a "SALES PITCH"

Ill give you an example, how it helps :)

"With my seven years of experience working with financial databases, I have saved companies thousands of dollars by streamlining systems. My high energy, and quick learning style enable me to hit the ground running and rapidly size up problems. I have the ability to stay focused in stressful situations, and can be counted on when the going gets tough. I know I would be a great addition to your team."

Preparing this statement ahead of the interview will give you the edge when asked questions like, "Why should we hire you?" or "What can you bring to this position?" This will be your chance to let the interviewers know that you are the solution to their problem.

• brinadenzellbrinadenzell Member Posts: 3

You should hire me because although I may not have experience, I am very much willing to learn the gropes and be trained. I believe that I have the requisite competence and qualities that perfectly fit this position. I want to be part of this company and I believe that I would be a valuable asset to it, and I believe I have the capacity to contribute significantly to the growth of this company. This I believe can be achieved by working in accordance with the company's vision and objective. If I am employed here I would successfully apply newly acquired skills, readily become a team player and adhere to company's policies on work ethics and standard so that the company can be counted as one of the best in the industry; not forgetting that I would also love to be trained and developed into becoming a more successful.

• modjoe86modjoe86 Member UncommonPosts: 4,050

Originally posted by brinadenzell

I am very much willing to learn the gropes 

What position are you applying for?

Easy Nulled provide latest nulled scripts. we deal in wordpress themes plugins, nulled scripts.
    https://easynulled.com/

Free porn videos, xxx porn videos
    Onlyfans nudes
    Onlyfans leaked