Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Game Update 1.4.4 Deploying Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As of this writing, the Warhammer Online servers are offline as the team deploys the 1.4.4 update to the game. The new patch brings several key changes to existing systems as well as new packs of vanity pets, personality packs and more.

• The Wild Hunt Live features a new boss, Kurnous, the Elven God of the Hunt.

• Changes to the ORvR system make defending now provides incentives for successful defense of keeps.

• The line up of scenarios have been 'shaken up' again with some scenarios coming back into the game, others leaving for now.

Read the full v1.4.4 patch highlight notes on the Warhammer Herald.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Delayed and delayed getting it on the test server then as usual have it up there for next to no time, push it live without changing anything and quite frankly under deliver.

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Make the game F2p already .How rock bottom can you go with this model ?

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Removing "options" (scenarios) passes for updates in WAR?  With Paul Barnett just coming out and declaring a huge chunk of WAR's content excrement, and the push for the new mini WAR, you have have to feel bad for anyone who currently has a sub.

This game should have moved to free to play a long time ago.  They've already experiemented with selling in game advantages, mounts, pets and the skaven cload via a shop, why not pull the trigger on f2p and save the game? 

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

lol, that screenshot looks like he was just eating out of the toilet.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by augustgrace

Removing "options" (scenarios) passes for updates in WAR?  With Paul Barnett just coming out and declaring a huge chunk of WAR's content excrement, and the push for the new mini WAR, you have have to feel bad for anyone who currently has a sub.

This game should have moved to free to play a long time ago.  They've already experiemented with selling in game advantages, mounts, pets and the skaven cload via a shop, why not pull the trigger on f2p and save the game? 

Of course, removing a scenario was all they did. Those notes i read about the defender stuff at the keeps, the restoring outer doors, changing rams, fixing a few bugs, reworking several abilities of a class that very badly needed it, etc were all hallucinations.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Of course, removing a scenario was all they did. Those notes i read about the defender stuff at the keeps, the restoring outer doors, changing rams, fixing a few bugs, reworking several abilities of a class that very badly needed it, etc were all hallucinations.

The problem is that none of those changes they made affect the real reason people don't stick with the game and why almost everyone avoids actual PvP until Tier 4. There are some good changes but it doesn't change the fact that new players and anyone on an alt has to grind through most of the game avoiding PvP and any form of normal XP in order to keep their renown rank as high as possible so they can be even slightly competitive at end game. It's boring, it's grindy and NOT the reason people buy a game like WAR, they buy it for the PvP not the ridiculous grind that it is now which completely discourages any kind of PvP unless on a max level toon. They should never have raised the RR cap from 80-100 without boosting renown gain, giving them their own tier or reducing xp gain.

Until they fix that problem the game has nowhere to go other than to slowly slide down the same hill it's already on. It would be an easy problem to fix buit they don't seem to want to and at this point it may very well be too late even if they did.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Removing "options" (scenarios) passes for updates in WAR?  With Paul Barnett just coming out and declaring a huge chunk of WAR's content excrement, and the push for the new mini WAR, you have have to feel bad for anyone who currently has a sub.This game should have moved to free to play a long time ago.  They've already experiemented with selling in game advantages, mounts, pets and the skaven cload via a shop, why not pull the trigger on f2p and save the game? 

The issues this game has can't be fixed just by having a F2P option.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

The Patch Notes are pretty disappointing, mostly just minor fixes.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by lizardbones

Removing "options" (scenarios) passes for updates in WAR?  With Paul Barnett just coming out and declaring a huge chunk of WAR's content excrement, and the push for the new mini WAR, you have have to feel bad for anyone who currently has a sub.This game should have moved to free to play a long time ago.  They've already experiemented with selling in game advantages, mounts, pets and the skaven cload via a shop, why not pull the trigger on f2p and save the game? 

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by lizardbones

They need money to do that going F2play seams generate more revenue in other games so yes it can in theory whether it would work like in practice it remains to be seen .

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

i upgraded my rig for this game, in beta....i still want my money back for the graphics card...

Originally posted by kaiser3282

My apologies, removing scenarios AND routine tweeks/fixes are what passes for content.

Since you're clearly a subscriber, how do you feel about Barnett, an EA rep calling a huge portion of the game you're paying for "crap"?

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96

people still pay and play this game? sigh

• AsherzAsherz Member Posts: 20

I went back to WAR today, but I didn't renew my sub, I just tried a trial to rank 10 and I'm disappointed. The game is still glitchy, specially the combat system, UI still ain't responsive and all that makes for a really bad gameplay.

The only reason I went back is to get some of that excellent scenario and ORvR gameplay, which I find rly awesome, unlike the majority of ppl.

WAR doesn't live up to the standard of today's MMOs, but would be a total nobrainer to kill time if it were F2P with no microtransaction shet of any kind.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

I still play even though I complain about it everyday, if i wasn't in an active guild I would trash this game.  The patch notes are nice and all but they really need to lower the xp leveling up so people are encouraged to do scenarios and orvr in lower tiers, still doesn't help you much by the time you get t4, they say you need to be rr70 to compete, yeah rr70 if you are certain classes and in a good group, even our 6 man when hitting 40/70+ got completely rolled by players due to the gear gap.  There is a lot of time investment you need to put forth to compete in orvr vs rr90+ players, sure there are alot of baddies but anyone with half a brain or any grp with half a brain is going to completely destroy you because of the gear gap. 

We held our own against some of the best but still can't take down really high RR groups even with superior tactics.  It's no fun to fight for 30 mins and lose just because their gear outdoes your skill level.  Reminds me of WoW back when raid guilds first got Molten Core gear and could keyboard turn and click their skills and rape you.   And of course we play Destruction so the odds are against us anyways , we don't have slayers!  Not a noob group either, been on the assist train about 10 years now with the same group of guys.

Since you're clearly a subscriber, how do you feel about Barnett, an EA rep calling a huge portion of the game you're paying for "crap"?

Any chance you could provide a link to the video or article where Barnett makes that statement?

I'm extremely intrigued and cannot seem to find anything related to it anywhere. I've searched high and low.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

when is this game going F2P for goodness sake

are they really going to wait it out until it's on the brink of death?

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802

Originally posted by TheMinn

i upgraded my rig for this game, in beta....i still want my money back for the graphics card...

If you had to upgrade your video card to play this game when it was released you should be THANKING them for bringing you out of the stone age.  Sheesh.

I like to complain about games.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Kost

Any chance you could provide a link to the video or article where Barnett makes that statement?

I'm extremely intrigued and cannot seem to find anything related to it anywhere. I've searched high and low.

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/pax2011/video.html?sid=6331587&pid=640105

RIP Orc Choppa

Paul Barnett-

This game format allowed the team to strip away the parts of the game it saw as unnecessary. "We went, you know what? If you play the MMO, we give you all this cool equipment on your adventure, and it's a neat thing to do, but let's just get rid of the boring crap and give people cool [stuff] to wear," Paul Barnett said.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/06/mythic-wrath-of-heroes-gets-rid-of-all-the-boring-crap-of-war/

Throwing WAR under the bus to sale new game.

edit: The boring "crap" seems to refer to all non-instanced aspects of the game.  New game is nothing but scenarios and gear grind, sweet....?!

Thanks for the links gents.

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

oh ya because you know exactly how long i had my old rig and why i held onto it. nice job dumbass......

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by TheMinn

oh ya because you know exactly how long i had my old rig and why i held onto it. nice job dumbass......

Well he can only assume that the only reason you upgraded your videocard in order to play WAR is because your older videocard couldn't, and seeing as how WAR isn't a demanding game in the first place it kinda put an impression that your older videocard must have been very low-spec.

Why do you feel bad anyway? Is WAR the only game you play? Don't you feel at least releived that you can play more modern games because of your new videocard?

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Are there still people paying for this.lol

I wonder why it didnt get free to play yet.

Im sure after starwars release they ll have  to switch to ftp model as well.