Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Battleships: New Site Launches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that the official site for World of Battleships has launched. The site is a bit thin at the moment but does have some nice screenshots, a video and a bit about the game.

Check it out at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• paco417paco417 Member Posts: 1

fuck yeah!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Ok, I have no idea about the gameplay, but I'll definitely be giving this a shot.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

I just had a nerdgasm...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Coolness. The money will be based per account, so money you earn in tanks can be put towards battleships. I just wonder how the money scales. Will a battleship cost the same as a tank, or will you be able to win a match in your battleship and buy two or three tanks at a time?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Curious how they will design this game.  Not like the tank game where you can effectively play with any tank, battleships NEED support ships to protecct them.  A big fleet of battleships is just a bunch of sitting ducks without support ships.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Most tanks need support in WoT too. Going solo in any tank outside of say a maus or IS-4 is a good way to die in WoT.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Wish the game was WORLD OF SHIPS...instead. Destroyers...submarines....cruisers etc would make things a lot more fun.

• ShattenShatten Member UncommonPosts: 40

they probably didn't include submarines b/c it doesn't have aa

• TorriganTorrigan Member UncommonPosts: 13

Well the screenshots show a lot more then just Battleships; Carriers, Destroyers, etc.. So Team make up is going to be key, hope they factor that in to their matchmaker.

• TorriganTorrigan Member UncommonPosts: 13

Originally posted by Shatten

Submarines do have AA, just not as effective ;)

Well the WWII era subs did anyways ;)

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

hm, makes me wonder how long before we see World of Starships? :)

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by spinner_vis

hm, makes me wonder how long before we see World of Starships? :)

After World of Alien Invasion.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

If I end up playing, I expect to be saying this a lot...

http://youtu.be/HkZeUa53Jyg?t=13s

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Am I the only one wondering how this is going to compare to the gameplay in World of Tanks? I get it for their World of Planes and am quite looking forward to it but i cant see World of Ships having the same appeal. When i think of Warships I think of slow moving massive vessels with 'ok' speed rotating turrets/missiles.

I'll play it and try it but i honestly dont get how they are going to make this appeal to the same people who like Tanks and Planes, ie me.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Shatten

They've said there won't be subs. They basically don't want to deal with the issues brought up with subs. Major disapointment for me as I love subs. But then I don't really like this company at all anyway.

• StonefalconStonefalcon Member Posts: 37

Looking forward to the new Navyfield

"Not meaning to anger anyone with this thread, though I know in these forums its quite impossible. You can say "I enjoy vanilla ice cream" and still have 50 posts of angry, hot-tempered people who have nothing better to do than argue with you." - Dirkzen

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

So vehicle choices are Carrier, BS/BB, and CL? How odd...Destroyers should be in there too really..there's a HUGE gap between capital ships and light cruisers.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    if this will be linked to WOT can be awesome

BestSigEver :P

• HoliceHolice Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by Kabaal

Am I the only one wondering how this is going to compare to the gameplay in World of Tanks? I get it for their World of Planes and am quite looking forward to it but i cant see World of Ships having the same appeal. When i think of Warships I think of slow moving massive vessels with 'ok' speed rotating turrets/missiles.

I'll play it and try it but i honestly dont get how they are going to make this appeal to the same people who like Tanks and Planes, ie me.

There is already a naval game out called navy field or something like that. It has a good cult following but is antiquated graphics and a bit OP once you get the better ships. If they can keep all the ships versatile and useful within reason, provide a nice paced combat, and good graphics, they should have a winner on their hands.