Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet Please release the game already

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I have to say i speak for most of the community when i say, you gotta stop teasing us and at the VERY least do an open beta with no NDA. Talk about the races when the game is out.

Comments

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by itgrowls

I have to say i speak for most of the community when i say, you gotta stop teasing us and at the VERY least do an open beta with no NDA. Talk about the races when the game is out.

i agree i ant playing nothing atm so waiting on this to might try it might not:). but i will buy the game give it a shot :) i am just waiting for morrow wind to come out the new one and battle front 3.... :( i got bored with the mmos that are already out just waiting at the end of the string for new games ><

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I've been waiting for updates to three games i play. nothing new is coming out until next month apparently. so i've been leveling alts but that gets boring after a time. I hate it when the companies have a darn good game have almost all the bugs out have it working on really ancient graphics cards for compatability yet they tease us with these lore postings. Just beta it at the very least so we know it's on it's way out already sheesh!

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I vote against this notion on grounds that BF3 and Skyrim are coming out soon (on top of the myriad of single player games that just came out).  I'd rather play some single player games for 6 months and have GW2 be EPIC than not play single player games for 6 months and have GW2 be COOL.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

When its ready.

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

Most of the community wants them to take there time and make sure its extremely smooth and polished for launch.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

This game is so anticipated, its rediculous... Worse if SW:ToR doesn't live up to the hype.. That would make people salvate over GW2 even more.. Personally i don't want it to come out this year, as Skyrim and other console game will hold me over for the holidays, here's hoping it launches between Feb-April...image

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Several people, including Massively's Rubi Bayer, have clearly stated that the game isn't ready for release.  I hope to God that they wait as long as they need to.

IT IS READY! ASK

TOTALBISQUIT!

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Xstatic912

This game is so anticipated, its rediculous... Worse if SW:ToR doesn't live up to the hype.. That would make people salvate over GW2 even more.. Personally i don't want it to come out this year, as Skyrim and other console game will hold me over for the holidays, here's hoping it launches between Feb-April...image

If SWTOR does not live up to its hype I think we will see a change in how games in development are viewed on this board.  Right now this has to be one of the more hyped games I've ever seen on this site since I've joined.  

But if it doesnt live up to the hype I'll be sheading a silent tear for a game that could have been (potentially) great, but I'll also have a nice little chuckle at all the fanboys that proclaimed this to be the greatest game on earth (and Bioware to be the greatest developer to grace the industry).

Originally posted by marinrider

I vote against this notion on grounds that BF3 and Skyrim are coming out soon (on top of the myriad of single player games that just came out).  I'd rather play some single player games for 6 months and have GW2 be EPIC than not play single player games for 6 months and have GW2 be COOL.

i agree but its not out yet guild wars 2 so thats what i said that ^_^ if it was out i be playing it right now... but sadly i dont have guild wars 2 in my hands :P.... i need something to play to hold me off :P i played just abotu all the mmos out there waiting for new ones and guild wars 2 dont look like its coming out any time soon probly next year but its far off so i need somehting :P

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I'm happy to say i'm falling away from my own over-hype-ness of GW2, the only thing i was stuck on was the dynamic events replacing quests and the player skill focused....skills. i've played too many mmo's to get excited over classes n races n lore anymore, and that's all the tidbits they're releasing these days.

Which is a good thing, because waiting till...next year, from the looks of it....for it to come out with bated breath would kill me. So i'm happy my hype is dying off!

to the op: Focus on something else. single player games maybe. Deus ex was a good one for me, and dead island is killing some time as well. staying over-hyped on GW2 until next year wont be good for you lol.

edit: off topic: forgot portal 2. never played portal 1. BLEW MY F***IN MIND. lol

my two cents

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

From what I've read as of a couple weeks ago, they're only now balancing combat and AI skills.  It will be a while.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

From the gameplay i've seen and the comments from oen of the biggest critics of all games out there everywhere, the game is definitely ready for beta. They just need to get off their fannies and let it loose on the fans to see the reaction in at the very least an open beta. All these delays do nothing but annoy people.

Originally posted by Toxia

I'm happy to say i'm falling away from my own over-hype-ness of GW2, the only thing i was stuck on was the dynamic events replacing quests and the player skill focused....skills. i've played too many mmo's to get excited over classes n races n lore anymore, and that's all the tidbits they're releasing these days.

Which is a good thing, because waiting till...next year, from the looks of it....for it to come out with bated breath would kill me. So i'm happy my hype is dying off!

to the op: Focus on something else. single player games maybe. Deus ex was a good one for me, and dead island is killing some time as well. staying over-hyped on GW2 until next year wont be good for you lol.

my two cents

yeah its like poking your self with a guild wars 2 needle saying come out wait the needle broke :( waaaah no guild wars noooooo bangs head thats just funny comment lol

staying over-hyped on GW2 until next year wont be good for you lol.

my two cents

I'm dying of Hype toxemia LOL

staying over-hyped on GW2 until next year wont be good for you lol.

my two cents

I'm dying of Hype toxemia LOL

LOL

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Man there are so many good games coming out right now across all platforms. If you're holding out for GW2, I pity you.

Originally posted by Foomerang

Man there are so many good games coming out right now across all platforms. If you're holding out for GW2, I pity you.

please pity me heck i want free pizza and pie :D if you have it i pay :P lol

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by shinobi234

ha! Best I got is 2 Western Bacon Cheeseburgers for 5 bucks from Carl's JR. I had that three hours ago and Im still stuffed :P

Originally posted by shinobi234

ha! Best I got is 2 Western Bacon Cheeseburgers for 5 bucks from Carl's JR. I had that three hours ago and Im still stuffed :P

lol:D

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Thing is, publishers rarely ever want to release a game when its ready, but rather during certain times in which consumers spend more...such as holidays. It is entirely possible, and more than likely that GW2 is being delayed to around Christmas for the few key months during Quarter 1 of 2012.  

Also to consider, they may hold the release off in any one country until it has been localized in other regions such as Asia, South America and Europe. Its kind of annoying but this does happen often.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Christmas this year?  That's a good one.  If that happened, I'd eat my hat.... my limited edition GW2 hat.

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

devs must have been balancing the mesmer, something tells me this profession is going to be the OP one ...woohoo

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

• I'll likely be getting whatever the most expensive collectors edition is, and the anticipation is...a challenge. But there are some great games coming out this year which will keep me going for a while. 

I'm glad that ANet is releasing it when it's done.