Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Smuggler Progression Video

1235»

Comments

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by simmihi

Originally posted by Corehaven

This was the worst Swtor video Ive seen.  By far. 

I like the part where he punches a fully armored guy in the face with his bare hand and knocks him out.  Even though the guy is wearing a full helmet.   Or the time a Sith lands behind him and he shoots him once in the chest and kills him no problem.  Gee....I never imagined it was that easy. 

Plus there's blaster fire all around him the entire video and he never gets hit once.  Not once.  Not a single time.  Not by a blaster bolt, not by someones fist, nothing. 

The skills looked rediculous.  Ive never seen anything like that in Star Wars.  I noticed he was throwing something.  Of course you dont see it fly through the air, I have no idea what it was, and then the NPC starts choking.  I assume its some sort of gas grenade.  I have to assume, since the video in no way really showed what it was.  Hope it doesnt look that way in game. 

If anything the entire thing looked fake.  I cant imagine the game would play anything like this.  One hit kills to a Sith from a blaster gun?  I dont think so. 

The entire video is the smuggler going through mowing everything in sight down with two whimpy pistols.  And people clap their hands.  Horrible video.  In every single way.  

Thank God i'm not alone. The whole thing looked like a commercial for steroids. Was reading thru the replies and thought there was something wrong with me.

Guys, it's a highlight reel.  Would you have prefered they spent the 2.5 minutes diplaying ONE fight for ONE Advanced Class using only a couple abilities or just let you see a variety of the powers and the basics of how they work?  Of course none of it was realistic to how the game will play, nobody in their right minds expects it to be.  Just some advice for the both of you, next time you watch a highlight reel, don't let yourself get pulled in by your own hype.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Abdar

Would have been cooler if Smugglers and Bounty Hunters didn't have a 'side'.

I agree! For those two classes it doesnt make sense to be restricted to one side.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Kaerigan

If anything the entire thing looked fake.  I cant imagine the game would play anything like this.  One hit kills to a Sith from a blaster gun?  I dont think so. 

No shit Sherlock, all the progression videos are highly exaggerated.

The funny thing is that they only complain about it when it is a class that they dont prefer.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Wow, did any of the haters notice how this was largely Harrison Ford references?

One shotting the Sith, while ridiculous, along with running away from the mob were image for me and many others.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by someforumguy

I agree! For those two classes it doesnt make sense to be restricted to one side.

I agree with this. 

It doesnt make any sense for a bounty hunter or a smuggler be restricted to one side.  They're rogues by nature.  Im not sure I would make them a third faction, but itd be nice if they were able to choose their side early on. 

But that will never happen.  Class specific stories are already voiced and written and that just the way its going to have to be.  Its not a big deal though. 

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Britas

God, Gamertube blows

Mind giving us a bit more than that? We're always looking to improve the service!

How about a service that offers a high definition version of each video.

• spdkillaspdkilla Member Posts: 111

That secondary gun he used on the sith was a shotgun type weapon NOT a blaster....

• StonefalconStonefalcon Member Posts: 37

Gamertube has a serious problem streaming to Australia. I had to watch this vid on Youtube and we have a 100mb fiber connection. Gamertube took 30 minutes to fully load, youtube took 20 seconds.

"Not meaning to anger anyone with this thread, though I know in these forums its quite impossible. You can say "I enjoy vanilla ice cream" and still have 50 posts of angry, hot-tempered people who have nothing better to do than argue with you." - Dirkzen

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by someforumguy

I agree with this. 

It doesnt make any sense for a bounty hunter or a smuggler be restricted to one side.  They're rogues by nature.  Im not sure I would make them a third faction, but itd be nice if they were able to choose their side early on. 

But that will never happen.  Class specific stories are already voiced and written and that just the way its going to have to be.  Its not a big deal though. 

I disagree slightly.  I like the idea of Smugglers and Bounty Hunters not being restricted, but I also could see this changing down the line.  It would involve creating another story line for the two classes so that at character creation you would have to "pick a side".  I would throw in that Trooper and Agent could, and should, be treated the same way.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

This was the worst Swtor video Ive seen.  By far. 

I like the part where he punches a fully armored guy in the face with his bare hand and knocks him out.  Even though the guy is wearing a full helmet.   Or the time a Sith lands behind him and he shoots him once in the chest and kills him no problem.  Gee....I never imagined it was that easy. 

Plus there's blaster fire all around him the entire video and he never gets hit once.  Not once.  Not a single time.  Not by a blaster bolt, not by someones fist, nothing. 

The skills looked rediculous.  Ive never seen anything like that in Star Wars.  I noticed he was throwing something.  Of course you dont see it fly through the air, I have no idea what it was, and then the NPC starts choking.  I assume its some sort of gas grenade.  I have to assume, since the video in no way really showed what it was.  Hope it doesnt look that way in game. 

The entire video is the smuggler going through mowing everything in sight down with two whimpy pistols.  And people clap their hands.  Horrible video.  In every single way. 

See you at launch!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Dont base anything off a video.  Get the real-deal experience.  Anywho. . .my issue that Im struggling with is whether I'd enjoy playing a non-force character in a Star Wars IP game.

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

THANK YOU YES!  I've been waiting for this video for awhile now.  Didn't pick up on the homages to Harrison Ford at first but now that people have pointed them out.  Frankly Smuggler was one of my top picks if I play ToR, Force-Users never interested me that much (and the amount of whining I see about the Jedi/Sith killed what little interest I had to begin with.)  Didn't really give the Scoundrel much thought until this video though, might actually make me change my mind about going Gunslinger.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Why? are even so many smugglers fighting for the Republic?

Smugglers fighting for the authority isnt really a smuggler anymore?

Shouldn't they change the smuggler class name to Republic Lackey.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)