Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes: The Perfect Bite-sized WAR

Comments

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

Originally posted by EzequielBE

Originally posted by zumoo

This company always jumps on the bandwagon late with a subpar game.

So true. Is the original DAoC team still present even?

No, Mythic's original team is long gone, Mythic isn't Mythic, Mythic is Bioware

^^ this is true alot of people forget  that..see that AAA lable and asume its the same peeps

• VoxTrooperVoxTrooper Member Posts: 87

The dacade of lore changing. Started it off we had Warcraft lroe getting raped. Then Warhammer lore. Now Warhammer again.

[Mod Edit]

It is best for the industry the MMO throne remains an dusty empty seat never to be filled.

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

I play MMOs.  Frankly, I can never play something like this where you only play as premade characters. 

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

I was in beta, and its realy fun. War could have been a great game, but they went with 2 factions. 3 factions made Wrath of Heroes much more fun

• lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

Ive been in the last few closed betas, its very fun but some minor issues need to be tweaked but im sure by release itll be alright.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

I, for one, am really looking forward to this game.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

Another fight for 15 mins and it is reset to do all over again, nothing gained, nothing lost...no thanks.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

Yeah, a little fun without forcing players to grind their lives away - sounds just awful!

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

[quote]Korith – a high elf ranger. A ranged DPS, he was doing a lot of damage and was taking over the leader boards. The character was a lot of fun to play but unbalanced. The team could have nerfed him, but that would have made him less fun to play, so they developed a counter for him, Korelei. A swift Dark Elf with insane dodge and two knives to slice and dice up close. [/quote]

Oh hey look its WAR style balancing all over again, well I guess it worked out well for that game so..... oh wait...

Truly that seems a very lazy fix, on the upside at least they acknowledged the class was OP. Unlike the months of total Denial they gave us for Bright wizards in WAR......

Mythic (TBH adding bioware to their name does not help) + warhammer = poison right now and will be that way for some time IMHO.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by zumoo

This company always jumps on the bandwagon late with a subpar game.

This is the first MOBA of its kind... I'm more in shock that there has not been a MOBA with the MMORPG style as of yet. I expect to see more like this, and probly better then this.

• xpanderxpander Member Posts: 13

those who saying that high elf ranger was OP are so wrong here.. every melee class does like 2-3 hits and ranger is dead.(remember u have 3 teams, so u cant really avoid being hit by melee.. there is allways suprise team coming in from somewhere)

also bright wizard does a lot of damage. didnt see that any class was OP there.

i think its pretty solid base to build up the game.

• SpallieroSpalliero Member Posts: 147
    This is so meh and limp wrist I just can't say how bland and ignorable this "game" is.

Sic Luceat Lux

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by xpander

those who saying that high elf ranger was OP are so wrong here.. every melee class does like 2-3 hits and ranger is dead.(remember u have 3 teams, so u cant really avoid being hit by melee.. there is allways suprise team coming in from somewhere)

also bright wizard does a lot of damage. didnt see that any class was OP there.

i think its pretty solid base to build up the game.

*Ahem* in WAR Bright Wizards could stack an unlimited number of dots on players which made them horribly OP (though you didnt discover this till the end of Tier 2 start of tier 3 inPVP) to make matters worse magic resistance was totally broken & Mythic just denied that there was even a problem for a long time. You would join Tier 3 sieges and find that 70-80% of one team were just Brigh Wizards.... it was a sad sad joke.

The game was still like that when I left 4 months after launch.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

A huge,,,,meh

I wanted to love to original incarnation, this one, not sure I can be bothered.

• richarddoylericharddoyle Member UncommonPosts: 84

Instead of making this game, fix WAR.

Could have been good, could have been great, but nope.

This is apparently their game-plan:

1. WoW is popular.

2. Screw WAR up by coping WoW

3. Forget that game, it fails

4. Now MOBA games are popular

5. Rehash WAR resources, instead of fixing it, into a MOBA game.  Don't even bother making a whole new game, just use pieces of the old failed game to make a new fail game!  This is critical success!

6. ???  bacon  ???

7. Forever fail

Sorry for trollin' so hard, but this is just disappoint for me.

I mean, I'd rather see WAR become f2p.  I mean, for all its flaws, I'd still go back sooner than I'd bother with this.  But then, I don't play MOBA games.

Played: DAoC, AC2, WoW, CoH, GW, GW2, WAR, AoC, Champions Online, Rift, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, Warframe, Neverwinter, Dungeon Fighter Online

Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online Global

Waiting for: None

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

This.....willl......be an interesting game.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

This still doesn't have that rvr feel like daoc had :( i honestly doubt any upcoming MMOs will come close to capturing that experience.

-3 factions with their own race/classes

-BGs broken down by lvl bracket and open 24/7 complete with siege equipment and mobs that gave better exp then normal ones (who will ever forget thid)

-viable to lvl strictly thru rvr

-skills aquired thur rvr via the realm rank system

- new frontiers

-relics

- the xp on/off command for making characters that were for specific BGs in order to help your faction gain control of various keeps.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

this isnt trying to be DAOC...its trying to be an MOBA with an MMO feel..and trust me it works..well

despite the team behind it being legally insane and Mythic having so little direction that EA kicked a few bucks their way to grab them up. the game is trying to be a little different....think of fury...only PvP but there isnt a grind or anything time spent into it the game plays like an MMO

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I will for sure try it out. I'm just afraid that with zero character progression and tabtargeted skills, this will bore me out in a few days or weeks at most.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Perfect.

I mean really.

A lot of the MMO that people are whining most about / getting tired of is cut out and you get all the benefit of being competivie and social in a game.

I like LoL well enough, but I always wanted those in your face controls of a well designed MMO.

Seems like a reasonable choice to me. The only downside is they're tacking a failed MMO's name to it.

If it's good enough it'd probably stand on it's own two legs. I'm intrigued and glad I read the article.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• ToddrulesToddrules Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 19

I have played  the game and it is really fun. It doesnt fit in the lore or really make sense as a story but who cares if it is fun to play.

I like MOBA's but always wanted standard MMO controls for them and this brings it. The action is fast, fun, and doesnt take a huge time commitment. So if you can put aside that there is really no story and this has nothing to do with the Warhammer universe other then having it's characters in it, then you should enjoy it.

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

"a Skaven (think Gnoll)"

Er, more like 'think ratmen'.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

This mmo is discusting to me.. the fact they are relating it too a mmo is laughable at best.

Developers must be running out of things to make.... or either that us MMO gamers must be starting to get satisfied by playing simplstic and linear games.. No offence to anyone here, but this is a completle ripoff from warhammer online with everything rehashed into a simplistic battlefield. Nothing more.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by jch128

1. WoW is popular.

5. Rehash WAR resources, instead of fixing it, into a MOBA game.  Don't even bother making a whole new game, just use pieces of the old failed game to make a new fail game!  This is critical success!

6. ???  bacon  ???

7. Forever fail

I mean, I'd rather see WAR become f2p.  I mean, for all its flaws, I'd still go back sooner than I'd bother with this.  But then, I don't play MOBA games.

Making WAR F2P wouldn't help, F2P never worked for a mainly PvP game.

The game needs a total revamp, preferably by someone who is a fan of Games workshop. But that costs a lot of money and it is not unlikely that it would fail anyways since it is really hard for a game to turn bad reputation into a good one (Eve is the only one I know that succeded). 

So instead they took parts of the game qand turned it into Moba, to me it sounds like they plan to kill the rest of WAR off soon.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by jch128

1. WoW is popular.

6. ???  bacon  ???

7. Forever fail

Making WAR F2P wouldn't help, F2P never worked for a mainly PvP game.

The game needs a total revamp, preferably by someone who is a fan of Games workshop. But that costs a lot of money and it is not unlikely that it would fail anyways since it is really hard for a game to turn bad reputation into a good one (Eve is the only one I know that succeded). 

So instead they took parts of the game qand turned it into Moba, to me it sounds like they plan to kill the rest of WAR off soon.

Why would anyone that was a loyal follower of Warhammer Online want to play a simplified version of warhammer online that is strickly a arena style pvp game?? There are already 100's of F2P pvp games out there setup for that. I don't know about you, but They already have killed Warhammer imo. I mean this is honestly worse then the Actual Warhammer Online