Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Aiming for Q4 But...

13»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Be funny if the servers came up the same day the SOE SWG servers go down.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Khrymson

{mod edit}

I'm reluctant to even quote this post. As I'm not sure if it's NDA breaking or not, when mods and admins state you can't say any more than you have been invited to Beta (which excludes giving opinions of your experience in any way) it's safe to say we can't discuss this.

Which begs the question why even bring it up in the first place? As you could mean anything by this, it says nothing of what you actually saw.

Then add to that we've seen dev comments to the effect of, (paraphrase) "the current build is missing many launch features, testing weekends postponed to add an updated build".

( This says to me the first weekend test saw a large volume of feedback on missing features, they decided to apply the next phased build before deploying anymore weekend tests.)

{mod edit}

I find that encouraging!  As I'd hope they would try to implement as complete and feature rich client they can get for "beta testing"... If they don't something's bound to turn around and bite them in the behind.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Meh, I've gone from wanting a release date that is in this calendar year to simply wanting a launch date announced before the end of the year.

I think I keep on re-adjusting my expectations so I'm not disappointed.

Either way, the pre-order is in and I'm not cancelling it.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

;Ozmodan

Would be cool.. Even though i'm saying January looks good to release.. Bioware sure don't want to disappoint with the first mmo effort and being star wars also doesn't help. As they have proven that they can make a star wars game.

• fatherdeath7fatherdeath7 Member UncommonPosts: 47

thinking that a nov, first part of dec would be great... I know alot of people would be very happy with a copy of SWTOR as a xmas gift

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Get it over with already, geez. I played it over 15 months ago at E3 2010, a lot of people, especially journalists, are getting really bored when you mention SW:TOR. Not a good thing, hype only lasts so long.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• Chrono223Chrono223 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I was very lucky to have been chosen for the September Test (the only weekend). I think that within that period of time we did very good job with the testing, a couple days later they had a new built for the Closed Beta test.

I don't know if they had a new built before we did our test, but I guess it needed it since they said no more September beta lol.

I personnally want the game to be released this year since many games of Q1 2012 look great.

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

I'm glad some companies still have the means to delay a game until its in a (hopefully) decent state.

As we all know, too many MMOs are pushed out too early, paying to beta test is never fun.

I'm happy for ToR to be delayed as long as they need until they can release a good game.

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by taus01

Get it over with already, geez. I played it over 15 months ago at E3 2010, a lot of people, especially journalists, are getting really bored when you mention SW:TOR. Not a good thing, hype only lasts so long.

Ok if you say so! GW 2 has been in the making a lot longer,but they just started getting hype.

• AluviusAluvius Member Posts: 288

Originally posted by taus01

That would have been much better if it was just one run on sentence with no punctuation.

• Shadows59Shadows59 Member Posts: 47

If they wait till fiscal Q4 then they may lose orders to TSW as well which has set release of April 2012. Bioware will be better off releasing SW:TOR this calender year.