Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rusty Hearts: Exclusive Trailer & Open Beta Q&A

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hack'n'slash multiplayer title Rusty Hearts is ready to hit the ground running today with the commencement of the open beta. Perfect World Entertainment has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring an exclusive open beta launch day trailer and interview with Product Manager Mark Hill to our readers. Feast on the eye candy and find out more in our Rusty Hearts: Exclusive Trailer & Open Beta Q&A feature.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

*yawn*

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• TyranosinTyranosin Member Posts: 56

how is the game?

• madroxymadroxy Member Posts: 53

^^^^^  MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Originally posted by gmn312

how is the game?

it's great if you like beat em ups

• CodiviusCodivius Member Posts: 30

It's not a MMORPG but a co-op brawler with perhaps some extra online futures.

As long as you consider it that way, and fancy a game in that genre, I think it'd be allright to give it a try.  It's free after all, and if the installation doesn't pose to many problems it might be a fun 15-30mins.

Currently playing: Skyrim, SWTOR
    Looking forward to: Guildwars 2 ! modestly excited for: The Secret World
    Have played intensely: Rift, Eve, AoC, WoW, Conquer 2.0, Astonia 3
    Have played less intensely: just about everything else

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

It's really not a good game and certainly not a MMO. It's a simple co-op hack and slash game. It feels like a 2D sidescrolling beat'em up. sure it is 3D but with fixed cameras and scrolling.

Not worth the time.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Do you make your own characters in this or play as Franz etc?

this blog suggested you played as one of 3 premade characters. http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=27320

I like the art style of this game, but a game that doesnt let me make my own characters is not an RPG. And if online with 3 characters is a MMOCPG (massive multiplayer online CLONE playing game).

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• StormwindStormwind Member Posts: 60

Launch Trailer that does not show Game footage of people playing their game ? They have no testers that they can record to show us how fun the game is ? 

I do not think I would try this game based on the info they showed ... It looks more like a console game from what is shown here and a poor one at that.

Look to the stars to know HE is with us. HE hung them as markers, of times and of seasons.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

i cant get DFO here is australia and i played closed beta of rusty hearts. i really like it but ya gota be a fan of these type of games.

• RZetlinRZetlin Member UncommonPosts: 134

Rusty Hearts has its work cut out.

Its competitor Dungeon Fighter is more established in North America.  

Rusty Hearts have only 3 characters while Dungeon Fighter has 6 unique characters.

I believe that Rusty Hearts have to offer a lot of new content quickly if the Perfect World Developers want to get the player’s attention.

• CorbenikCorbenik Member Posts: 1

DFO is soo broken lately because of the recent hack attacks it seems that DFO has lost almost atleast 40% or their population because of it and i hope Rusty Hearts won't Break down like DFO did but i would like to try Rusty Hearts out myself

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

The consolitis is strong with this one.