Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Smuggler Progression Video

Comments

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Originally posted by aesperus

Gunslinger looks like it might be fun. I have to say, that was the most pathetic sith I've ever seen though. He manages to wield a dual lightsaber, but can't dodge a blaster shot? lol.

For things to be balanced, i think a lot of people are going to be pissed that their Jedi/Sith isn't able to roll over the other classes. But in the movie lore it makes some sense-stormtoopers took out a lot of Jedis and Boba abd Jengo Fett gave Jedis a real fight. But they wont be as powerful as some people will want. The scoudral looks cool with the stealth thing and evasion.

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

Ja ja. That was fun to watch.

Still, i'm starting with a Trooper. Smuggler might be the last class I try for republic side.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by Leoghan

I just don't understand the hat, how is that supposed to be iconic? Cosmetic I understand, but it still seems so un-SW (well aside from that SW cartoon). 

It is a nod to Bane from the "clone wars" series and a tie in with the classic western theme that seems to be fused with the smuggler for this game.

This have been a good conversation

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by EvilChemist

The weakest sith in the history of history?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLXdLgOybE   

Homage to raiders of the lost ark, but ya silly sith brings a doublebladed lightsaber to a blaster fight.image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Britas

God, Gamertube blows

Mind giving us a bit more than that? We're always looking to improve the service!

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Lol, probably all Phasers were set to stun :P

I didnt see any blood or any impact effect on those targets  i just hope those guns can kill things...silly high-tech was real low quality

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I think they were showing us that smugglers (and others) can kill Jedi. In the movies/series it was assumed that Jedi were the uber/l33ts. I think this video is to show that they are searching for class balance.

I was going to go smuggler but now which of Scoundrel or Gunslinger. Both looked pretty cool from the snippets

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

That video was awful. Was it meant to be in game footage? He never got touched by enemy fire but one-shot evrything else.

Im seriously starting to have major doubts about this game.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by Beachcomber

That video was awful. Was it meant to be in game footage? He never got touched by enemy fire but one-shot evrything else.

It's just a promo vid, there are plenty of vids out there for actual footage. I do agree however I don't really see the point, but for those who don't read these forums etc, it's possible tsomething like this could get them interested. It's possible this marketing just isn't aimed at regular mmo gamers?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Made by the same people that made the A-team.

Being shot at by 3 people from 5 meters distance ... and never get hit once :)

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

LOL.

Show me a game currently released thats better. Please do.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Unable to view, really slow loading (Australia). I have 6-7mbps download speed, which is around 300-600kb/s usually, but it won't load, ah well.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Funny when the gunslinger does what Han Solo does in Episode 4, Run in and run back out. Good video, looks very fun class to play espeically the story.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

Unable to view, really slow loading (Australia). I have 6-7mbps download speed, which is around 300-600kb/s usually, but it won't load, ah well.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/smuggler-character-progression

That one might work better?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• MegaTommyMegaTommy Member UncommonPosts: 31

That subtle indiana jones reference was pretty funny :P.

I'm a dude. I do stuff.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Great and funny too: loved the Han Solo-esque fleeing and the gun flips and tricks. And that cover thingy looks pretty good too.

I wonder if that body search and weapons dropping as well as the monsters looking for where the players went is in the game too.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Much more crisp on youtube @ 720p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yn492QqdME

Also the music and sound are much better quality.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by mrw0lf

It's just a promo vid, there are plenty of vids out there for actual footage. I do agree however I don't really see the point, but for those who don't read these forums etc, it's possible tsomething like this could get them interested. It's possible this marketing just isn't aimed at regular mmo gamers?

Or it is possible that some people won't be happy no matter what you show them.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

Originally posted by MarlonB

Not as uncommon as you might think.  Go talk to a long time police officer and you'll find out.  Heck just last year in NYC there was a case of two people unloading over 20 bullets INSIDE AN ELEVATOR at each other and neither one was ever hit.  If I remember the newspaper article right, one of them was even a "trained shooter" since he was a cop.  Made a mess of the elevator though.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by GMan3

Haters gonna hate, easy like that. Is amazing but you can find a lot of people who really want to see this game fail, especially gw2 fanboys. 

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by hikaru77

Haters gonna hate, easy like that. Is amazing but you can find a lot of people who really want to see this game fail, especially gw2 fanboys. 

Same applies to the swtor fanboys.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by MarlonB

Not as uncommon as you might think. Go talk to a long time police officer and you'll find out. Heck just last year in NYC there was a case of two people unloading over 20 bullets INSIDE AN ELEVATOR at each other and neither one was ever hit. If I remember the newspaper article right, one of them was even a "trained shooter" since he was a cop. Made a mess of the elevator though.

They were probably doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeHrq_Fs1vk

Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by Britas God, Gamertube blows  
    Mind giving us a bit more than that? We're always looking to improve the service!

As some one mentioned before, the video from gamertube loads slow. Not mention once the video reaches the end, it resets so you have to load it all over again if you want to replay it (yay...).

Youtube seems to be 100% more efficient and offer better quality over all.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

As for the topic. The video made me laugh at the Harrison Ford homage scenes. I knew smuggler was funny and good. But this might convince me to play it as my first republic toon.

(Yes, I'm double posting because I can't be bothered fixing up the quotes that mess up if I edit my last post.)

Originally posted by ArcheAge

Originally posted by hikaru77

Same applies to the swtor fanboys.

But how many of us go to the GW2 threads and do this kind of garbage so often?  I go occassionally browse them because I am mildly interested in GW2, but you'll not see me bashing everything about the game that I don't like.  Unfortunately, I see a LOT of GW2 fans doing it here REPEATEDLY.

Here is a thought for ALL mature and immature individuals, if you don't like a game then don't hate on it's threads and instead let people with an honest interest debate over the finer points of a game and how to improve it.  It will never happen but it would be nice.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I think this just illustrates why SW:TOR will be great, Will be a blast when they go to GM soon.