Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol at the mmorpg hype meter!

seriously... just LOL.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

Comments

• MeyithiMeyithi Member Posts: 48

I demand a recount.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

As far as I know this always happens when new games are added, no need to make threads about it. In a few hours GW2 will be firmly on top again.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Just go and vote it at " 1 " . 

I just did.  Because Im totally not hyped about it.  Its got like 22 votes.  If you're not hyped about it, say so. 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Err ...

Who gives a damn about "hypemeters" ?

Well, I just dont. Most silly thing ever. I want a game thats fun for ME, I dont want a game thats just fun for everybody else.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I love it when Guild Wars 2 fans get worked up about any thing that remotely suggests it out ranks their favourite game.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by AzurePrower

I love it when Guild Wars 2 fans get worked up about any thing that remotely suggests it out ranks their favourite game.

It out ranks everything truely relevant at the moment.  Gw2 really has nothing to do with it.  

Originally posted by Corehaven

It out ranks everything truely relevant at the moment.  Gw2 really has nothing to do with it.  

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing is in stone until launch day.

But the point is, if some thing is remotely claiming to be better than Guild Wars 2. Even if it's false. Guild Wars 2 fans go ape shit crazy about it.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

Now its back to normal and that other game is nowhere to be seen o.O?

EDIT: Oh scratch the last part, thats just me being blind lol xD

• taulutussitaulutussi Member Posts: 37

At least it's still currently in front of swtor, which is the most important thing.

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

But the point is, if some thing is remotely claiming to be better than Guild Wars 2. Even if it's false. Guild Wars 2 fans go ape shit crazy about it.

you have described the fans of all games out there. yet you seem disgusted with gw2 fans only

that says more about you than about gw2 or its fans, tbh...

if gw2 potential/hype/success/whatever annoys you so much, maybe its time for you to find another site...gw2 is firmly root in here.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Can someone explain what happened? I'm curious.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Kaerigan

This :)

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Some game was at the top of the "hypemeter" here on this site.

GW2 fans felt insulted. Would the world disgree with their world view that GW2 is the best ?

Then some childish strategies have been discussed how to bring that other game down.

Then someone posted yes, it was no longer on top.

Or in one word: meh

Originally posted by Sagasaint

you have described the fans of all games out there. yet you seem disgusted with gw2 fans only

if gw2 potential/hype/success/whatever annoys you so much, maybe its time for you to find another site...gw2 is firmly root in here.

You know you just contradicted your own statement right?

The whole point is, only a Guild Wars 2 fan would make a thread about some silly rating system that put a game ahead of Guild Wars 2 for a brief time. You don't see other fans from other games doing such on this site.

Last I checked this was mmorpg.com, not guildwars2.com.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Adamantine

GW2 fans felt insulted. Would the world disgree with their world view that GW2 is the best ?

Then some childish strategies have been discussed how to bring that other game down.

Yeah, I figured as much, but what game was it? People seemed really surprised.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

The whole point is, only a Guild Wars 2 fan would make a thread about some silly rating system that put a game ahead of Guild Wars 2 for a brief time. You don't see other fans from other games doing such on this site.

Yet all I see is you bitching GW2 in any thread (even thread which never mentioned GW2 until you did)

AzurePower, we all know you're almost as big fan and defender of TOR as you're a hater of GW2

But pleaaaase, try to sound at least not so freakin biased and more objective

..long time ago I thought your posts were worth something..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Originally posted by Pigozz

Yet all I see is you bitching GW2 in any thread (even thread which never mentioned GW2 until you did)
    AzurePower, we all know you're almost as big fan and defender of TOR as you're a hater of GW2
    But pleaaaase, try to sound at least not so freakin biased and more objective

..long time ago I thought your posts were worth something..

So if I was to say I am looking forward to playing both, that would throw a spanner in how your logic works?

I'm not a fan of judging any game before it has been released. If you want to see bias, just look at all the Guild Wars 2 fandom and SW:TOR hatred splashed all over the front page. Seen the same thing on this site for years. There's always that game that is supposed "the best thing ever" until it actually gets released (see darkfall, age of connan, aion, warhammer, etc.). Gets a little old after a while, no matter the game.

Also we all know the OP is talking about Guild Wars 2. Why else would he be ranting about the hype meter on the front page?

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

Yeah, I figured as much, but what game was it? People seemed really surprised.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/574 this game here :)

the thread starter never mentioned GW2. The only mention of GW2 previous to yours was a rather innofensive comment that once that game gets more votes, GW2 would get back to number one as it always was. 

YOU assumed the OP and others are GW2 fans

YOU assumed the OP and others are annoyed at that game being at the top of the hype meter, simply because that knocked GW2 to second spot.

YOU assumed the only reason anyone would have to downvote that game is a conspiracy to bring GW2 back to #1

YOU brought the GW2 drama into this thread. 

Personally, I dont care a damn what game is #1, and Im sure many others dont either.

Im just sligthly annoyed at the fact that every here and there, crappy f2p companies create multiple accounts on here, or make forum announcements of the sort "hey guys, vote for our game in X site and get free ingame items"

thats exploiting MMORPG's (or whatever's) hype meter to do viral marketing for them, since that people are bribed to do that, they dont do it on their own volition because they genuinely think the game is that good.

about the rest, yes, this is mmorpg.com, not guildwars2.com. GW2 however seem to be very dear in the hearts of many here, and it pops up every so often. 

by the looks of it, you are terribly obssesed with GW2 (and not the "good" kind of obssession).

so for your own sanity you should leave this site.

the thread starter never mentioned GW2. The only mention of GW2 previous to yours was a rather innofensive comment that once that game gets more votes, GW2 would get back to number one as it always was. 

YOU assumed the OP and others are GW2 fans
    YOU assumed the OP and others are annoyed at that game being at the top of the hype meter, simply because that knocked GW2 to second spot.
    YOU assumed the only reason anyone would have to downvote that game is a conspiracy to bring GW2 back to #1
    YOU brought the GW2 drama into this thread. 

Personally, I dont care a damn what game is #1, and Im sure many others dont either.
    Im just sligthly annoyed at the fact that every here and there, crappy f2p companies create multiple accounts on here, or make forum announcements of the sort "hey guys, vote for our game in X site and get free ingame items"
    thats exploiting MMORPG's (or whatever's) hype meter to do viral marketing for them, since that people are bribed to do that, they dont do it on their own volition because they genuinely think the game is that good.

about the rest, yes, this is mmorpg.com, not guildwars2.com. GW2 however seem to be very dear in the hearts of many here, and it pops up every so often. 
    by the looks of it, you are terribly obssesed with GW2 (and not the "good" kind of obssession).
    so for your own sanity you should leave this site.

Originally posted by Diovidius
    As far as I know this always happens when new games are added, no need to make threads about it. In a few hours GW2 will be firmly on top again.

Just go and vote it at " 1 " .

I just did. Because Im totally not hyped about it. Its got like 22 votes. If you're not hyped about it, say so.

Originally posted by taulutussi
    At least it's still currently in front of swtor, which is the most important thing.

Gee I must be the only one who 'assumes' Guild Wars 2 was the topic of choice in this thread. Therefore I must be obsessed about it.

Oh look, what's this in the OP's profile?

Games Vaultar wants to play: Guild Wars 2

Need I go on?

I also want to play GW2, I also downoted that game. and no, I couldnt care less if GW2 goes  #1 or #278 due to that.

your theory: it has more holes than a swiss cheese.

I AM pissed when a F2P game slips into #1 because I perfectly know is a coordinated, systematic, shady and viral upvoting just to gain some advertising, exploiting the flaw of the hype meter (it doesnt consider total number of votes when doing the averages...so 13 votes of "10" put a game ahead of another that got 76 thousand votes of "9")

I dont want newcomers to the genre to log for their first time into MMORPG, check the hype meter and think "oh look, this is what the people in this community thinks is the best game, let me check this out", only to be exposed to a miserable, crappy, shitty, grindy cash shop crap....

If instead of GW2 there is SWToR, The Secret World, TERA or any other game like those at top, its fine afaic.

I also want to play GW2, I also downoted that game. and no, I couldnt care less if GW2 goes  #1 or #278 due to that.
    your theory: it has more holes than a swiss cheese.

I AM pissed when a F2P game slips into #1 because I perfectly know is a coordinated, systematic, shady and viral upvoting just to gain some advertising.

I dont want newcomers to the genre to log for their first time into MMORPG, check the hype meter and think "oh look, this is what the people in this community thinks is the best game, let me check this out", only to be exposed to a miserable, crappy, shitty, grindy cash shop crap....

If instead of GW2 there is SWToR, The Secret World, TERA or any other game like those at top, its fine afaic.

Because a total of 22 votes is considered viral up voting. It was a new mmorpg that was just voted a good rating to start off as.

Because a total of 22 votes is considered viral up voting. It was a new mmorpg that was just voted a good rating to start off as.

ya, cuz 22 votes overnight, all perfect "10"s, for a game that is nearly unknown and was ignored up until a few hours ago by and large doesnt smell like viral advertising.

pure coincidence.

ya, cuz 22 votes overnight, all perfect "10"s, for a game that is nearly unknown and was ignored up until a few hours ago by and large doesnt smell like viral advertising.
    pure coincidence.

Now who's assuming?

By the way. The game that was out ranking Guild Wars 2 temporarily was WildStar by NCsoft. Guess who publishes Guild Wars? :)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

pure coincidence.

Now who's assuming?

By the way. The game that was out ranking Guild Wars 2 temporarily was WildStar by NCsoft. Guess who publishes Guild Wars? :)

[Puts on tinfoil hat]

But seriously my friend.  If you're tired of hearing about GW2, it's probably not a good idea to bring it up in a thread on the general page that (explicitly) has absolutely nothing to do with GW2.  Other than the fact that GW2 is rated on the hype meter, that's it.

An anti-fanboi is just as bad as a fanboi.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

This discussion has been closed.