Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

DC Universe Online: Jens Andersen Talks Light Powers

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,595MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The newest power to be introduced into DC Universe Online is the Light Powers set released with Fight for the Light downloadable content pack. DCUO's Jens Andersen goes through what they are, collecting them and how to use them. Check them out in the latest DC Universe Online video!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Flint, MIPosts: 302Member

Granted I find the amount of content lacking, but with the awesome combat of DCUO I can't see how devs put their names on these horrid multiple hotbar and GCD combat systems of other MMO's.

• RyowulfRyowulf Greensburg, PAPosts: 668Member

DCUO combat is little more than boring repetive buttom mashing. The reason Devs put their names on those other combat systems is because they were build for a pc.

Or to put it another way a great combat system alone won't save a game from dying.

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Beverly Hills, CAPosts: 710Member

Originally posted by Settingsun

DCUO combat is little more than boring repetive buttom mashing. 

All MMO combat is little more than boring repetive buttom mashing.

C'mon. To deny that DCUO's combat is exhilarating, significantly more interactive than other games, and one of the title's most notable features is just outright dishonest.

Seriously, if you want to trash Sony, the game's limited content, poor chat UI, etc. then those are totally legitimate beefs. But its combat system? C'mon. Even a hater has to concede it delivers.

• SabrelSabrel Phoenix, AZPosts: 36Member Uncommon

Originally posted by hanshotfirst

C'mon. To deny that DCUO's combat is exhilarating, significantly more interactive than other games, and one of the title's most notable features is just outright dishonest.

Seriously, if you want to trash Sony, the game's limited content, poor chat UI, etc. then those are totally legitimate beefs. But its combat system? C'mon. Even a hater has to concede it delivers.

Considering those are all very personal preference and opinion-based points, no one has to concede anything. While something can be objectively different, efficicent, higher-paced, etc., there is no such thing as objectively good.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Edmonton, ABPosts: 670Member Uncommon

I agree I think the main thing DCUO had going was its better then other MMO combat, even for healers it was a lot more fun on how it worked.

• proponentproponent boston, MAPosts: 92Member

Originally posted by Sabrel

Originally posted by hanshotfirst

Considering those are all very personal preference and opinion-based points, no one has to concede anything. While something can be objectively different, efficicent, higher-paced, etc., there is no such thing as objectively good.

It's good.

• djvapiddjvapid Smyrna, GAPosts: 80Member

Still waiting for access to my free DLC content.