Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"wow" graphics...

2»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Kelthius

Doesn't this art style allow for the game to be run on older PCs?

Goes without saying really, I think the key factor is after a few years they'll still look decent and smooth rather than rough and jagged.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i love the art style in tor. As for animations im sorry but when has a game every looked great when recorded on a cam corder? sorry it wont look good. 

tor looks fine when done that way as for the videos released by bioware they look much better then ones u see from conventions. 

that said no game ive ever played looked good on a tv commercial or any video taken by hand. the graphics look so much better when u play them yourselves. 

people who have had hands on like massively state they graphics look awesome when u actually play the game. 

so the diffrence when translating the graphics to videos is always big and a downgrade for all games

if u wanna look at videos and say this game animations look horrid go for it . ill wait to play it before i say that though. 

i love the style of graphics though its why i like wow so much and probably cant get into lotro, ddo, champions online, or aoc. i perfer sylyzed graphics. 

as for copying wows art style only updateed to today standards thats a good thing realistic graphics tend to degrade alot faster and look out of date within months as well as they only run on certain comp setups whereas wows arty style lasts forever and plays on any comp pretty much. 

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Originally posted by kalinis

i love the art style in tor. As for animations im sorry but when has a game every looked great when recorded on a cam corder? sorry it wont look good. 

tor looks fine when done that way as for the videos released by bioware they look much better then ones u see from conventions. 

that said no game ive ever played looked good on a tv commercial or any video taken by hand. the graphics look so much better when u play them yourselves. 

people who have had hands on like massively state they graphics look awesome when u actually play the game. 

so the diffrence when translating the graphics to videos is always big and a downgrade for all games

if u wanna look at videos and say this game animations look horrid go for it . ill wait to play it before i say that though. 

i love the style of graphics though its why i like wow so much and probably cant get into lotro, ddo, champions online, or aoc. i perfer sylyzed graphics. 

as for copying wows art style only updateed to today standards thats a good thing realistic graphics tend to degrade alot faster and look out of date within months as well as they only run on certain comp setups whereas wows arty style lasts forever and plays on any comp pretty much. 

Camcorder? I'm talking about even in videos Bioware released themselves! Plus a stilted, stff, ugly animation is going to move just as stiffly whether it's on my cell phone's camera or a 1080p red cam.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

im being honest hre the console games i play never look anywhere near as good in commercials or any other videos companies release as they do on my console. 

Same with wow  or any pc game the graphics when u lay are so much better then u see released or recorded. 

that said the ones u see from bioware look better then the ones u see recorded on camcorders.

the people who have played this game that ive read all say the graphics and stuff are really cool even people who arent reporters for sites that ive read .

so id rather belive the people playing it on a computer then some video i see. 

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Originally posted by Caldrin

That's right.  Bioware decided to "copy" the artistic style from their own game! 
    How dare they...
    So what your saying is that in 2011 they tought wow i know lets make our game from 8 years ago..
    fail..

I don't know, but his text that you copied yourself clearly stated 'style', not that the graphics would be exactly the same. 'artistic style' shouldn't be hard to understand for anybody that you can resemble that and still have different, upgraded graphics.

As for the graphics, I think that they can show kinship with KOTOR's graphics, but still are improved and upgraded to modern times as well, as the examples below show:

People who keep saying "It looks like WoW" need to get some Lasik.

Those pics look nothing like WoW.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I don't disagree with you that SW:TOR is copying anybody's visuals, but your allusion on KotOR (2003) being a precursor to WoW's visuals is silly.

WoW and TOR will both utilize stylized visuals (and both are still quite different from each other, I'd like to add), but it's nothing that hasn't been done before and it's been done enough where you can't say that they're copying it.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

If anything the graphics look like DA2.

I don't see how it looks like WoW, the human males look nothing like Chuck Norris.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by popinjay

People who keep saying "It looks like WoW" need to get some Lasik.

Those pics look nothing like WoW.

QFT.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It doesn't even look remotely similar to WoW, anyone who claims otherwise is quite obviously grasping at straws.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Kost

It doesn't even look remotely similar to WoW, anyone who claims otherwise is quite obviously grasping at straws.

I look at it this way, the graphics/art style of SWTOR is where WoW could have been if they had actually had enough respect for their customers to make some REAL improvements over the years.  Instead they chose to keep the money and not spend it on graphics/art updates. 

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

While i´m not in love with SWTOR art design...i must say its graphics looks amazinly well done.

facial expresions...and details are the best.

Somehow though it has some wowish look....... must be the art design...that cartoonish style....

but models are years ahead!!!!

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by Kost

I look at it this way, the graphics/art style of SWTOR is where WoW could have been if they had actually had enough respect for their customers to make some REAL improvements over the years.  Instead they chose to keep the money and not spend it on graphics/art updates. 

That !!!

+1