Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All games are getting more sucky

Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Here's a video of Diablo 2:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYMLtRkhIs&feature=related     This bowazon is so badass, she lags her computer out (although you had to have a pretty crappy computer to lag out like that)  You can feel the power behind this character.

Here's a video of Diablo 3:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPwHNaMBqFE&feature=related  What a sleeping pill.  You don't even need to pick up loot anymore, or even have to use health/mana pots.  And look how slow your walking.  There is no feeling of power behind these guys.

Here's 2 videos of Team Fortress 1    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7cR-ef968  dueling,   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGue9b6Q-30&feature=related    hehe

Here's a video of Team Fortress 2    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNT89ZLttnY  What a sleeping pill.  Look how slow they all move, so little action, it's not even audibly exciting, the footsteps putting me to sleep.

Comments

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

I try to stay positive after this year, we got Witcher 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution, both games giving of an awful lot of old-school wibes. The Space Marine demo felt damn right, Skyrim is looking great.

The way you are describing things sure as hell sound like a snorefest if anything, what you don't think a game is fun if you don't have to pick up loot? Wtf? 

I like loot but not when it get's so annoying that I simply ignore it. An RPG is not defined by the amount of loot you pick up, no matter how fun that may or may not be.

Diablo 2 was a flawed game, it turned from being a fun hack'n'slash to powerleveling and loot grinding, skipping as many mobs as possible to get to a boss and start over the same process again. That pretty shitty game design looking back.

Im never played much TF, but juding from the success of it's predessecor I'm willing to say it's probably the better one, and TF2 is still pretty fast paced.

Wanna bash the gaming industry start by bashing the console scene. Why that is popular is beyond me, re-hashed versions of the same shitty FPSes being released one after another.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by Sideras

I try to stay positive after this year, we got Witcher 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution, both games giving of an awful lot of old-school wibes. The Space Marine demo felt damn right, Skyrim is looking great.

The way you are describing things sure as hell sound like a snorefest if anything, what you don't think a game is fun if you don't have to pick up loot? Wtf? 

I like loot but not when it get's so annoying that I simply ignore it. An RPG is not defined by the amount of loot you pick up, no matter how fun that may or may not be.

Diablo 2 was a flawed game, it turned from being a fun hack'n'slash to powerleveling and loot grinding, skipping as many mobs as possible to get to a boss and start over the same process again. That pretty shitty game design looking back.

Im never played much TF, but juding from the success of it's predessecor I'm willing to say it's probably the better one, and TF2 is still pretty fast paced.

Wanna bash the gaming industry start by bashing the console scene. Why that is popular is beyond me, re-hashed versions of the same shitty FPSes being released one after another.

Wow.. no offence, but old school vibes from Witcher 2 and the new DE? You gotta be kidding.

Your last sentence is spot on. Problem is this isn't just exclusive to FPS'. Every game is getting more and more simplified and retarded.

O_o o_O

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Originally posted by Bigdavo

Originally posted by Sideras

Wow.. no offence, but old school vibes from Witcher 2 and the new DE? You gotta be kidding.

Your last sentence is spot on. Problem is this isn't just exclusive to FPS'. Every game is getting more and more simplified and retarded.

Agreed. Personally I enjoyed Witcher 2 quite a bit. But in some ways it just doesn't feel as open and as 'RPG' Witcher 1 did.

I think Console games in general suck. Thats why I dont own one. I tried to emulate Wii games and play them, tried same with PS2 only to realise how dumbed down these games really are.

I think its also to do with the fact that within the gaming community, there are a subset of us who like RPGs so much that in general other games feel like they are dumbed down because they lack this element. We feel a game needs to have some sort of depth to be good. You've got to understand though, not everyone wants to play a complex RPG all the time. Sometimes its fun to switch off and play something simple and dumb.

Hell, I enjoy playing Smash Bros Brawl with my bro coz its damn fun. Not because of its 'systems'.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I wouldn't say all games are getting more sucky.  Legend of Zelda and Starfox for the 3DS are awesome at least :)

• StarSythStarSyth Member UncommonPosts: 50

I swear their are external factors at work causing the so-called "decline" of PC gaming. I find if funny that the current gaming statistics show PC gaming declining in recent years with steady increases in console game sales, however in small print you may notice that these statistics do not include Digital Download (basically how anyone I know purchases games) OR include subscriptions.

WoW's subscription base alone probably out performs the majority of console sales world wide.

I like how FPS these days are console ports which totally justifies the industy to realse a brand new game anually and only make what would normally be considered at best a content expansion or at worst just a texture mod.

Every online game these days needs to be WoW or a Dota Clone. Every shooter needs to be a CoD clone. Its getting alittle silly.

Games like Battlefield 3 and Guildwars 2 raise my hopes alittle in these dark times of gaming. At present it seems like everyone is selling the same thing at stupid prices and forcing their playerbases to upgrade or expand annually combined with subscriptions ONTOP of microtranactions....

It feels like the assholes who continually ripped us off in the film industry have moved over to the gaming industry to cash in on the extortion of a new entertainment industry.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

There's been some good releases this year and some interesting ones to come before the years up, Q4 of this year has been very heavy on releases.

There's Deus Ex: Human revolution, RAGE, Gears of War 3, Halo CE anniversary, Skyrim, Space Marine. The list goes on and on, personally I have cancelled all my MMO subs because buying/pre ordering so many games at once has broken my budget.

Earlier through the year there has been other good releases, Witcher 2 has been mentioned and I think Fallout New Vegas and its DLC have been noteworthy as well RPG wise. There's been a few disappointments to like Dragon Age II and F.E.A.R 3 but overall I think there's been more great releases than Sukey titles.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

In Diablo2 you could completely cover the ground in hundreds of potions with a barbarian skill, similar to magic find.  I bet "magic find" will be a term that will no longer be in use in Diablo3 like "train" is no longer a term used in everquest-clones.  Eventually all games are going to be like Vegas slot machines.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUkykYbcKg