Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Build Creator

Comments

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

this is great...but somebody really needs to add a way to fiddle around with traits.  I love traits because THEY are what really make the build.  I think the build creater has, as it is now maybe 10% of what people are going tpo have to think about when the game comes out.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

You sure these skills are correct according to the weapons?

Was messing around with necro a bit and found you can't take that doom skill when using a staff? But I'm pretty damn sure there's an Asura necro using the skill with a staff on the class/skill videos. Or am I missing something? :)

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by sketchy_

Was messing around with necro a bit and found you can't take that doom skill when using a staff? But I'm pretty damn sure there's an Asura necro using the skill with a staff on the class/skill videos. Or am I missing something? :)

According to the wiki doom is a death shroud skill.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Diovidius

Fear is also just a necro specific condition. There will most likely be several skills which apply it.

Originally posted by romanator0

Fear is also just a necro specific condition. There will most likely be several skills which apply it.

We're not talking about fear, we're talking about doom. ;)

Yes, but all doom does is apply fear. ;)

Yes, but all doom does is apply fear. ;)

True but doom is the one that is shown on the site.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

This is really some sweet stuff! Loving the skills.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=33ec3952a717702b630b3;3125a74310fda42a765f430

3 sources of life drain, area damage and condition replacement - with a daze thrown in for good measure ;)

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=301ba962a6f2b82b630b3;33069c632f834c2a80234154e

I love how signets work and I love maces...

Also, this build creator stuff, I love how easy it is to use.  Hopefully when the game comes out somebody can put together a trait and attribute section for creating the build.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• StydusStydus Member Posts: 50

Wow this tool is great and shows how complex character customization in the skill department can get, all of them are usefull its so hard to chose a build I would like without testing them first.

New build creator in the OP.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

My main necro build would probably be something like this:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3203f142a7639d78b75;303b473301bb612a6f1281423

Here might be the 2nd weapons set:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3203f103203d851165;311972333ec5262a767e81423

Here's what I might do for a Ranger build:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=310ff8c2b630ad78b74;2f4723432f82eb2a78c3c1355

And the 2nd weapons set:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=310fcd52a6f1f02b630b4;3214e922f279e82a78c3c1355

Those would be my two favorite races with my two favorite professions.  Of course, that is all subject to change according to how the game plays out!  Feel free to critique these builds.  I'm always open to suggestions on making my characters better!  See you in game!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• creepsvillecreepsville Member Posts: 76

GUILD WARS 2 : Sketch Builds (Note the cheesy names I've given each one)

Thief: (The Raven)

Elementalist: (The Airbender)

Ranger: (The Axe Man)

Warrior: (The Sword Whisperer)

• srasmsrasm Member UncommonPosts: 42

Looks like Engineer and some underwater stuff have been added.

• KotabearKotabear Member Posts: 13

Wow Cool!!! I actually imagined I was playing hehe Thanks!

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Doesnt the Elementalist feel already too powerful with 45 skils available against only 15 for most other professions(except Engineer)?

• star8472star8472 Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by mazut

Doesnt the Elementalist feel already too powerful with 45 skils available against only 15 for most other professions(except Engineer)?

Not sure... but in video demo's the elementalist has really weak HP but their skills seems to cost less mana than the other classes (which makes sense since all their spells is magical)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

They have cloth armor and few hitpoints so it is probably balanced. But they are a class that is more flexible than many other classes.

• srasmsrasm Member UncommonPosts: 42

Some Updates again, elementalist Earth skills, energy costs gone, maybe more.

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92

Good posting. It will be very helpful :)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

WOW thanks a lot! This is pretty kool, and extremely helpful. Nice to see some good versatility in the classes I've played around with so far, though I really want to swap out some of the weapon skills. Hopefully that'll be possible in the game.

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

Forgot about this site. Well here's what will likely be my main PvP build, unless ANet completely changes it or adds better skills for the Thief. I just want to create a Thief that can constantly apply pressure and survive whilst doing so.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I was thinking the same thing.

I think part of it might be we just don't have all the info yet, and elementalist was one of the first unveiled classes (so has had the longest time to develope). As others have said eles also have the lowest HP, so having more skills helps offset that a bit. They do seem to rely a lot on their versatility in order to survive on the battlefield.

I'll definitely be rolling one come launch, that's for sure.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

The elementalist has only one weapon available, not two.  They still probably have the most skills available, but it's 25 compared to 15+ for other classes (stealing, virtues, adrenaline, etc add to the 15 of other classes).

Even though the elementalist has more skills, in a way they're more limited than other classes.  When another class can choose two weapons, they can do so because of specific skills those provide, for example you might want a longbow because of the ranged AOE skill but also a hammer for the knockup.  With an elementalist, you might choose a staff because you like meteor shower in fire, but then you're stuck with whatever water, air and earth have for staff.

According to this page http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon not only does the elementalist only have one weapon set, so does the engineer, though they are similarly given versatility through their tool belt.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007