Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Get Ready for Wrath of Heroes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online Herald has a new announcement for current subscribers to the game: An invitation to participate in beta events for the recently-announce Wrath of Heroes is on its way!

Subscribers will receive invitations this week with the first beta event set to kick off in time for the weekend. Players will need to use the same EA account they use for WAR.

Check the full announcement on the Warhammer Online Herald.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• vio1vio1 Member UncommonPosts: 64

pretty fun so far... dont know how it will last tho

I play games just like you

• pwnasauruspwnasaurus Member UncommonPosts: 71

This is actually incorrect. The first beta event was held on Sept. 2nd and 3rd.

• KrudmuffinsKrudmuffins Member Posts: 3

Great, i used to play, now they post this i been waiting 2 weeks for a invitation it says invite pending

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

So in order to promote this game the developers of AoR bash their own mmo?

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/pax2011/video.html?sid=6331587&pid=640105

/insert all vulgarities that's known to man....

And please forget about DAoC!

RIP Orc Choppa

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

That video is a good example of just how uninterested the team is in the Warhammer IP and properly representing it.

Look at Paul, for instance.

He played with some object in front of him nearly the entire time, payed very little attention to the crowd and just acts generally tired of dealing with it. The same with the other presenters, they just don't seem genuinely excited or interested to be there working on those projects.

Sad.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

The second I saw they had Paul Barnett sitting next to the woman who claimed they will bring RvR in the face to warhammer - I had a cross between wanting to vomit and just being pissed off.  Arena rankings and ladder boards are WoW pure and simple.  Warhammer, failing to provide its fans what they advertised (i.e., Dark Age of Camelot equivalent RvR) have reverted even further to the WoW model.  So I ask you this, "WHY NOT JUST PLAY WOW."  I played Dark AGe for 8 years, I beta'd and dealt with warhammer, going back and forth hoping she would improve and then they fired a number of Mythic's old school talent in Sep 2009 - canceled Origins server for Dark Age, and furthered their own bipolar propaganda. 

The game isn't fun.  If I wanted a pseudo WoW with better graphics I'd play RIFT - they did a good job at bringing us all back into a slightly different Azeroth in regards to BG fun.  Paul Barnett - I still can't believe he has a job there, especially after his egotistical bs about how we were whining about AOE being an issue - and then to get nailed after that post with a video showing 3 BWs and a WP aoe'ing an entire Destruction raid...while they laughed their tails off.

Good riddance Warhammer.

A truly sad state of affairs that such a great ip have come to this, im really not surprise if gw pull out the license to this mmo and shut down AoR when 40k is about to be release, like what happen to star wars.

And to even think that both paul and carrie is still around??? what gives???

RIP Orc Choppa

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

I think this is rather quite a huge slap in the face for the people that are left playing WAR.

It's like they tell you, hey we don't give a crap about WAR anymore, come on play this new piece of junk instead!

But hey! At least now you know where they have been spending your WAR subscription money on!

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

The video was just a god-awful mess of unprofessional disinterest. It was like teeny-boppers giggling stupidly over how they are trashing the IP. Paul looked like he was there only because he lost a bet.

I also laughed at their version of 'Character Development'. Each character has a backstory! Well golly, that's swell! Pay some two-bit hack for a full half-day of work making a couple paragraphs for each hero and we'll call it 'character development'. There is nothing to fight for except leaderboard rankings.

Oh...wait...my favorite part. Where they said the Shadow Warrior Koryth was just so powerful and slaughtering everyone. Their solution? Was it balance? Was it forethought? Iteration? Hell no! None of that's 'fun'! They just put in an equally uber-powerful COUNTER hero.

Really? That was the solution? My god, they're asleep at the wheel and don't even realize it! Is it possible for them to care even LESS about this product? My guess is no.

It is to cry for.

Edit: spelling errors

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Bioware seem to be killing off alot of games lately.

• KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119

Haha. And I remember getting RIPPED a part by everyone when I (who had high expectations as a Warhammer fan from the 80's) started blasting this game in their Beta Forums. I knew then it was doomed. The dated engine, the mechanics, sloppy animation, the poor balance, the lack of content ... where to stop? How about here because it isn't worth talking about.

I'm just glad that even long term WAR players are finally hopping off of this sinking ship. You guys sould have done it years ago. Mythic had a medicore game with DAoC and for some reason they believe they've done something in this genre. Hate to break it to those clowns, but UO, EQ, and WoW all brought a hell of a lot more to the table. 

I'm glad to see this idiot Paul make a fool of himself. I remember when WAR was pre-release and this guy was all hyper in his pre-game videos. Hyping things up, acting all loud and obnoxious. Now look at him. Sitting there like his family was held hostage and about to be executed if he didn't make an appearance at this farse. Well, Paul. Pal. How about you learn to design a decent video game and then you can wipe that sorry look off your face. And shut your mouth too chunky cow girl.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I wish GS would rip this IP the hell away from Mythic and hand it over to say, Relic. Yes, I know they've only done WH40K games, but at least they've shown that they actually CARE about the Warhammer franchise, taking it and its fans seriously.

Mythic shows the same amount of respect to Warhammer as 2K is showing to the X-Com IP with its upcoming game, IMO.

Pretty sad.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

What a kick in the balls this is to every Warhammer Online player. I just recently re-subscribed to WAR, because I kinda missed it. It has SO MUCH potential, if only they would just spend some time on it. Instead, they have been developing an entirely new game (that no one asked for) right under our noses. I let my sub run out over the weekend, and I won't ever be back. What a shame for people who love Warhammer.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I was surprised to see Barnett there. He definitely has got some humility put into him from his hyping-up days. Now he just twiddles his thumbs during the whole presentation

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• SpallieroSpalliero Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by Kappadonna

Haha. And I remember getting RIPPED a part by everyone when I (who had high expectations as a Warhammer fan from the 80's) started blasting this game in their Beta Forums. I knew then it was doomed. The dated engine, the mechanics, sloppy animation, the poor balance, the lack of content ... where to stop? How about here because it isn't worth talking about.
    I'm just glad that even long term WAR players are finally hopping off of this sinking ship. You guys sould have done it years ago. Mythic had a medicore game with DAoC and for some reason they believe they've done something in this genre. Hate to break it to those clowns, but UO, EQ, and WoW all brought a hell of a lot more to the table. 
    I'm glad to see this idiot Paul make a fool of himself. I remember when WAR was pre-release and this guy was all hyper in his pre-game videos. Hyping things up, acting all loud and obnoxious. Now look at him. Sitting there like his family was held hostage and about to be executed if he didn't make an appearance at this farse. Well, Paul. Pal. How about you learn to design a decent video game and then you can wipe that sorry look off your face. And shut your mouth too chunky cow girl.

X2

I was in beta on war too and did a rather large write up on the state of the game a little under 4 months to release. Basically it hit home cause I started getting pms from mark Jacobs and he was none too nice, a lot of I should kicked you off beta. He said in the end he would pay if the game failed and it did and he did, lol forced vacation and then told not to return.

Sic Luceat Lux

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

I dont care what they do with the Assets from Warhammer Online because it doesnt matter, anything coming from that original project is pure fail.

As for those saying the IP is being wasted.... TBH Gamesworkshop allowed that to happen, they should have been more involved in licencing the IP and it would seem the Warhammer Online Fiasco may have woken them up to the fact they need to monitor projects that use their IP a lot more closely and only licence it to developers who respect it.

I think the Upcoming Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine is yet another great example of one of their IP's in the right hands and of course the Dawn of War series has been very successfull.

End of the day WAR online is, was & alwasy will be total FAIL.

In defence of gw, as they are not mmo developers and being hype by that Paul during presentation, I wouldn't blame them for not seeing the outcome.

Hack! Even we.players were being deceive, but it will do well for them to pull put of this sinking ship soon

RIP Orc Choppa

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

Originally posted by TheCrow2kI think the Upcoming Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine is yet another great example of one of their IP's in the right hands and of course the Dawn of War series has been very successfull.

I really hope that does better but it also goes with 2 sides only so I rather doubt it...

• JormungaandJormungaand Member Posts: 18

I can't believe that mouthbreather Barnett is still there. Do they just roll him out to piss people off now?