Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best solo classes

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
What is the best solo class for medium and hard content, like soloing blue and green ^^^ mobs in dungeons, Or AoE grinding groups of 5 or 6 normal white and yellow mobs. Preferably without kiting.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

this advice assumes you are leveling

if you are already at level cap or with alot of AA -- theres less distinction

classes that do well w soloing and AE

Shadow knights / Paladins

Berserkers

Conjuror / Necro  (summoner)

Fury  (druid)  --- need to be 55+ to start gettin more than one AE

other classes that do well w soloing heroics but limited AE

Monks / Bruisers

Inquisitors - melee AA spec

Warden - meleeAA  spec

Mystic  - melee AA spec

should be noted - all classes can solo but some classes kill faster than others

Brigands / Swashbucklers solo very well for scouts

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

The SK or Wizard are both awesome classes for solo groups of mobs. For higher level, single target bosses I do pretty well with my coercer/illusionist, but it sucks for soloing groups.

Originally posted by Murashu

The SK or Wizard are both awesome classes for solo groups of mobs.

I omitted wizard / warlock because they cant really stand in the thick of mobs if soloing

- more a kite class

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Nadia

this advice assumes you are leveling

if you are already at level cap or with alot of AA -- theres less distinction

classes that do well w soloing and AE

Shadow knights / Paladins

Berserkers

Conjuror / Necro  (summoner)

Fury  (druid)  --- need to be 55+ to start gettin more than one AE

ANd which of these are played least (preferably on EQ2E servers) and do still get intoo groups easilly at max level?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

paladins and beserkers are a better choice than SKs for one reason alone,  SKs are too popular

of the 3,  paladins are known for being the best at holding taunt

the Fury's group role is heals, not dps

be aware that Furies are often power starved compared to Wardens

-- the wardens epic/mythical buff restores their power whenever they heal

summoners, great dps, but still a dps class that will be competing with any dps class

the classes that are highly desired in late game,

are the classes I didnt mention --- coercer, illusionist (chanter) / troubador, dirge (bard)

my advice:      play what is fun for you

all classes can find groups its not really a concern

if you want to raid, playing a tank is probably the weakest choice because raids dont need as many tanks

For now i decided to become a Mystic and be a bit different fromt he rest but still solo well.... 

I played Fury, Inquisitor, Illusionist, SK and Necro to their mid 20's and only SK and Necro i liked better then Mystic... but those 2 clases are exactly the classes i try to avoid.... because as said before, they are everywhere. 

On top of that i love playing a good healer in groups.....

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

Necros still solo well? I quit just before SoL expansion and may pick it up a couple of months and just have a necro.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

when played well Dirges solo well.

Inquisitor is another good choice as you can spec dps while leveling and then turn around and respec in your 80s for healing and dungeon/group your way up from there.

Swashbucklers solo well too, again if played well.

btw, played well = knowing your abilities, CDs, etc.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

agree many classes solo well

the Op was asking for which classes (while leveling)  kill heroics or group encounters well

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

Well any class can kill heroics really.

Zerkers are good for keeping multiple targets on them and usually survive pretty well against multiple encounters.

Necros have a great pet and I've yet to play one so can't give any specific info but I've watched some necro fights and they seem to do pretty well on their own. (last I played which was when EoF came out)

Warlocks which are the best AE class go splat way too easy and suffer from the glass cannon syndrome so can't really hold themself against multiple heroics. Non heroic greens they hold better at.

So, any class which has reasonable - good AE really.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

For leveling I had a blast on a necro soloing mini named and dungean quests.  You get a huge pet heal spell. Actually is similar to the necro build in rift I am leveling now.

I know the strange classes like enchanter or shaman were bad at soloing to level were soloing the strongest named mobs at end game by gimicks.

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Paladin all the way!  

I can pull 8-12+ equal level or slightly higher mobs, take the hits and deal enough damage back to just destroy everything and keep chain pulling, clearing entire areas of a zone.   I've been level locked to 79 for a long time, and I run around lvl 75-85 content destroying everything while farming / questing / grinding AA.

My friend refers to be as some 'totally screwed up mega paladin god of doom'  (he plays a Conjurer (79 as well) and he can't touch my damage, and I'm a tank.. with heals.)

But I see classes of all kinds doing well out in the world.  But Paladin and I guess due to similar mechanic, SK would get my vote.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

As a necro with OK gear (level 78 or so, if I remember right 100 AA ish)

I could pull as much as I wanted of anything I wanted and AOE it all at once.

It's been awhile since I played, though.

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

Supposedly, according to the official forums...Inquisitors can solo raid mobs. Not the fastest killers, though...but who cares when you can solo raid mobs and even some bosses :D I guess at first, they are rather hard to play...but it really pays off later on.

Paladins solo pretty well from what I've read on official forums...seems SK are a bit better, but SK are a lot more popular. 

When I get into EQ2 again, I'll probably be trying out both Inquisitors and Paladins...Inquisitors for raid soloing goodness and Paladins cause they look fun.

I ended up with a 32 fury that lets me solo equal level (white) ^^^ named mobs...   I just love the survivabillity combined with the great DPS and awesome healing (Just love HoT's)

Tough it seems the class is a bit underplayed at the EQ2X servers.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    SK got a nerf with the new patch. And honestly... Just about every class solos effectively the game is just piss easy to level through now. The only class I hate soloing with is troubadour. I love soloing with my brigand and fury personally

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I think the OP has tons of choices, but it also depends on his playstyle. If he likes kiting more than attrition fighting, for example, he'd have a particular set of classes he could choose. He didn't really specify which playstyle he enjoys the most unfortunately.

For example, if you like controlled fighting, an Illusionist is a good choice with his toolkit of stuns, roots, decent dps, good pet and ability to go through long fights with his buffs and power regen abilities.

Even though a lot of people recommend Conjurors, I actually think the Illusionist beats the Conjuror overall, not for AoE abilities though... more for being able to walk away from combat. At least, I found the Illusionist had more tools to get out of trouble than the Conjie does.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.