Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Sick of current games but simply loves MMORPGS

SimsejensenSimsejensen Lyngby, DCPosts: 37Member Common

First of ; I LOVE MMORPGS.

But recently ive found myself trying out 4-6 different mmorpgs. I simply cant find one that i want to play until GW2 comes out.

I have played MMORPGS for the last 8 years, so ive tried most things. The last 5 years have been WoW mainly.

It really really annoys me that i cant "settle" with one game. Im catching myself "looking" more for errors, rather than enjoying the game.  Why is this?

I think Lotro is a great game with a great community. Mature, unlike many other games. Sweet graphics. Lack of end game content to do, and "most" people starts to make alts after a few weeks at max level. (it seems).

Rift got some good elements too, but seems like it isnt for me. Okay graphics, nothing "wonderful" though. The world doesnt have "OH MY, look at that!"  Gameplay is abit chubby compared to "THE other game, which lets face it, is the only game atm that has the smooth gameplay (movement)".  PVP is unbalanced, and seems like it just "join BG, and wack yourself crazy".

What should i do ?

Comments

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,906Member Uncommon

Mentioned are WoW, Rift, Lotro so I can assume you like themeparks.

There are tons of themeparks, but in reality it's hard to find many that are good and you named the top 3 on my list.

Hrm... Have you tried DDO?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • SereliskSerelisk somewhere, NYPosts: 836Member

Try something really different, like EVE. Or maybe the first Guild Wars.

Originally posted by Serelisk

Try something really different, like EVE. Or maybe the first Guild Wars.

Original GuildWars is a great suggestion.  I just PVE in it, but I hear the PVP is well done also.

I play GW daily, and didn't even think of it.  Need more coffee!

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • JimmacJimmac TXPosts: 1,667Member Uncommon

You need to tell us what mmorpgs you have tried, and what you liked or did not like abou tthem.

• LexinLexin Ellenville, NYPosts: 702Member Uncommon

Problem with current games is they may look different but they play the same. 

• MarLMarL akron, OHPosts: 606Member

You RPG guys have it easy, try to find new mmo fps or rts games......

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• WrenderWrender Conway, ARPosts: 1,386Member

I was in the same boat as you until a friend about drove me crazy over trying to get me to play an MMO that I had never tried. Well I finally caved in and thought what the hell .. So I gave it a try and Man! Was I surprised. I'm in gaming bliss once again and not even looking forwards to any new game anymore (At least for now) So what game is this that has my heart thumping??

Age of Conan Unchained. Of course I subbed up though. The 4 chars you can play as a free account are kinda lame but enough to give you a taste of what's to come.

Originally posted by Wrender

Age of Conan Unchained. Of course I subbed up though. The 4 chars you can play as a free account are kinda lame but enough to give you a taste of what's to come.

One thing funny about AOC is I haven't heard buzz about it other than your mention here.  Nothing, neither good or bad.

Of course the advertising runs non-stop, but I ignore all that anyway.

I'll have to add that to my check it out sometime list, thanks.

• SimsejensenSimsejensen Lyngby, DCPosts: 37Member Common

I was in the same boat as you until a friend about drove me crazy over trying to get me to play an MMO that I had never tried. Well I finally caved in and thought what the hell .. So I gave it a try and Man! Was I surprised. I'm in gaming bliss once again and not even looking forwards to any new game anymore (At least for now) So what game is this that has my heart thumping??

I actually wanted to try this again.

How is the pvp?

Endgame content? or is it all about pretty graphics :p ?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member

in the p2p front your best bet are wow or if you are burned of wow riftis a solid second choice
    (if they can bring back world rift pvp lol)
    on the f2p front you got my favorite argo online(alaplaya publish it) or if you dont like steampunk style,forsaken world (made by perfect world)
    aika was good in beta but truth is argo online is just better!

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Freeland, MIPosts: 630Member

I think GW1 would be a great choice for someone struggling to find something to play until GW2.  You can become accilmated to the world and lore of the game, plus get a peek at how well the devs did with the first version.  Now to think of it, I might do this too!

• 4getting20094getting2009 San Diego, CAPosts: 176Member Uncommon

I tried this, but the art style in GW1 just weighs me down after awhile. It plays well though. No real complaints about it's function...and you can get the whole enchilada for under 40.00.

• gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

One thing funny about AOC is I haven't heard buzz about it other than your mention here.  Nothing, neither good or bad.

Of course the advertising runs non-stop, but I ignore all that anyway.

I'll have to add that to my check it out sometime list, thanks.

Well, if you want a second opinion, I tried AOC before it was F2P and, honestly, of all the MMOs I have played this was the most boring one by far. But that's just my opinion, ofc, you can always try it yourself.

• DelondialDelondial NoWhere, FLPosts: 107Member Uncommon

I feel you here. I went down the list here. If it has been realeasd in the last 5 years, I have played it. Many of them feel stale and played out. Art style has some to do with it as well. Look like all the big titles are either new year, or don't even have a release date. It's a real low time for mmorpgs imo.

Clever things.

• SeinaruSeinaru Painesville, OHPosts: 109Member

Have you tried a game like Vindictus or Dragon Nest? They're really refreshing to play if you haven't played a game of that genre yet, because they're actually fun. until you have to start grinding

I say this in a lot of these threads... but I felt the same way as you and then I tried out League of Legends. It's not an MMO, but it has the same mechanics as an MMO, and it has more epic pvp than any real mmo without the grind. So basically, you might try experimenting with other, non-MMO, online games, until something good comes out.