Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes for Incarna 1.1 - disappointed

RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Eve is so dead to me.

No substance whatsoever.  Incarna ruined it for me.

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

ok.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SolonoSolono Member Posts: 15

Have fun

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Elaborate please.....

****DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Why would you quit playing the game over a 'meh' expansion?

The game itself is the same as it was before the expansion, with the exception of ship spinning, so why didn't you quit before the expansion?

• GnatBugGnatBug Member Posts: 75

Another player gone... WoW! This game is getting alot of negative publicity from there own comunity. Thats a big problem no matter how you look at the numbers!

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

I have stopped playing as well. Been playing off and on since '07, and the way they are taking the game simply doesn not interest me. I have done everything else there is to do, and I have no interest in "walking in a station". EVE is a space combat game, and they are clearly starting to neglect that part of the game in favor of a more traditional route. This is a HUGE mistake for them, and I hope they realize it before it's too late.

edit: The Incarna patch added NOTHING useful to the game in any way whatsoever. The station interface is clumsy, unintuitive, and flat-out stupid. To think that we waited years for this, while they diverted assets and manpower from other core elements of EVE's development, really just makes me not want to play. If they aren't interested in their own game, then why should I be?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by Hazelle

Why would you quit playing the game over a 'meh' expansion?

The game itself is the same as it was before the expansion, with the exception of ship spinning, so why didn't you quit before the expansion?

This is what I'm wondering.

I'll be the first to admit that I could care less about WIS and always thought it was a waste of time and energy.  At the same time though CCP did nothing to hurt the part of the game I like either.  I would've liked to of seen them spend that time fixing some of the useless/gimped ships in the game.

Overall I still think Eve is far and away the best MMORPG on the market even after a flop expansion.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

While I agree WIS wasnt really a interesting patch for me the game is still the game and I've been hooked on it since its release. Every year things come out I like and usually a few things I dont but thats life and you roll with the punches.

EvE is still the ONLY functional sandbox game out there with full on player drive content and complex player driven economy. Till something comes out that is even close to that EvE is the king.

WIS may not be your thing, but give it time something new will come down the pipe.

• genkiselgenkisel Member UncommonPosts: 22

Although Incarna so far has been fluff so far, I do think that once Incarna is in its entirety it won't be so bad and it would have been worht the wait.

"Its Hot Drop-o-Clock" Clear Skies 3.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Originally posted by ironhelix

I have stopped playing as well. Been playing off and on since '07, and the way they are taking the game simply doesn not interest me. I have done everything else there is to do, and I have no interest in "walking in a station". EVE is a space combat game, and they are clearly starting to neglect that part of the game in favor of a more traditional route. This is a HUGE mistake for them, and I hope they realize it before it's too late.

edit: The Incarna patch added NOTHING useful to the game in any way whatsoever. The station interface is clumsy, unintuitive, and flat-out stupid. To think that we waited years for this, while they diverted assets and manpower from other core elements of EVE's development, really just makes me not want to play. If they aren't interested in their own game, then why should I be?

Weird I always though that EVE is about player interaction rather (as someone called it some time ago real life sim in space). Tbh you sound rather like you didn't really enjoy the game that in fact is decent one. Tbh can't really imagine any MMO approaching it's quality anytime soon. WoW and other like games are well... they way they are and as for other titles different devs try over and over again and tbh they fail so far. The closest is perhaps Darkfall (although some may argue about that one).

Agreed that over past few months CCP made bade decisions and that EVE is not perfect (well, it isn't) but I don't agree in statement that CCP is not interested in EVE.

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by alterfenix

Originally posted by ironhelix

Weird I always though that EVE is about player interaction rather (as someone called it some time ago real life sim in space). Tbh you sound rather like you didn't really enjoy the game that in fact is decent one. Tbh can't really imagine any MMO approaching it's quality anytime soon. WoW and other like games are well... they way they are and as for other titles different devs try over and over again and tbh they fail so far. The closest is perhaps Darkfall (although some may argue about that one).

Agreed that over past few months CCP made bade decisions and that EVE is not perfect (well, it isn't) but I don't agree in statement that CCP is not interested in EVE.

I think you're trying TBH. Honestly. I mean that..

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

1.1 is a cumulative patch, not a rollout of massive content....the 4th and final rollout patch is "incarna"...all this stuff is just groundwork and background laying.   they havn't even deployed carbon yet...dur dur.

incarna isn't OUT YET.....so you quit for a non existent reason.

But that's ok, we all know this was really just a bash ccp thread.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Many moons ago I played EvE but left after growing tired of being stiffed by DEV corruption (I left before T20), I always said plex was merely a cash shop under a different name and now they've taken off the veil and just admitted it. I refuse to play any game that asks me for a subscription and uses my sub to develop a cash shop and of course they have tried for years to profit from isk/item selling but are mad because the gold selling sites are always undercutting them.

This time next year EVE will probably be a full on pay to win cash shop + subscription fee (it isn't far from that right now as a matter of fact). I think it's disgusting what this company has done, they created an inexpensive awesome MMORPG that stood out in its uniqueness and through thier corruption and greed CCP have run it into the ground.

Just my opinion.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by Agricola1

Many moons ago I played EvE but left after growing tired of being stiffed by DEV corruption (I left before T20), I always said plex was merely a cash shop under a different name and now they've taken off the veil and just admitted it. I refuse to play any game that asks me for a subscription and uses my sub to develop a cash shop and of course they have tried for years to profit from isk/item selling but are mad because the gold selling sites are always undercutting them.

This time next year EVE will probably be a full on pay to win cash shop + subscription fee (it isn't far from that right now as a matter of fact). I think it's disgusting what this company has done, they created an inexpensive awesome MMORPG that stood out in its uniqueness and through thier corruption and greed CCP have run it into the ground.

Just my opinion.

Yoyu need to go actually understand the mechanics of Plex, its actually a very elegant way of managing gold selling and inflation.  Whats the corruption you refer to though?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Just my opinion.

If you really feel this way why are you visiting the eve forum here at MMORPG?

Eve online isn't under new management so why are you still lurking around here?

Basically, if you're done with the game for the reasons you've cited then why go out of your way to read the eve forum and comment on threads?

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Just my opinion.

Just as many times as you have posted here saying EVE is P2W, I have posted saying it isn't. This time I can't disagree with you and this is why.

"Players can take advantage of a first time ever discount on bulk orders of PLEX. Pick up a pack of 13 PLEX for only 199.99."

I do understand that there are many EVE mechanics that separate the game, to some degree, from traditional P2W models. For example, the players that purchase these packs will be creating content that anyone can and will use. Still, this represents two distinct tiers of players for the game. Those that play content available for a monthly fee, and those that play content available because of a cash investment into the game.

Just my opinion

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Just my opinion.

Basically, if you're done with the game for the reasons you've cited then why go out of your way to read the eve forum and comment on threads?

Because this is a public forum, for discussion. Opinions and views both for and and against are posted here and every other game's forum on this site?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

Just my opinion.

Other than it being a public forum (as pointed out before) there was a lot of hulla baloo over monacles or something and it related to this new patch so out of curiosity I thought I'd get some information on it inorder to form an opinion. After reading about it and peoples opinions either way I posted here, if that's alright with you?

If they do bring in special ammo and gear into this cash shop (as was indicated in the CEOs email and by other staff) it will make EVE a very lopsided game. When I used to play there were many adults my age and over (30's - 60's),  and many of these were very successful financialy.

They got away with plex and now they're pushing it a little further by selling you items in a cash shop that were developed with your subscription money. They're tagging it along with incarna hoping that so many people will have a stiffy over walking in stations (well your ships cabin for now) that they'll let let the price tag of a cash shop slide .... since it's only fluff they're selling ... developed with your sub fee ... for now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Just my opinion.

Other than it being a public forum (as pointed out before) there was a lot of hulla baloo over monacles or something and it related to this new patch so out of curiosity I thought I'd get some information on it inorder to form an opinion. After reading about it and peoples opinions either way I posted here, if that's alright with you?

If they do bring in special ammo and gear into this cash shop (as was indicated in the CEOs email and by other staff) it will make EVE a very lopsided game. When I used to play there were many adults my age and over (30's - 60's),  and many of these were very successful financialy.

They got away with plex and now they're pushing it a little further by selling you items in a cash shop that were developed with your subscription money. They're tagging it along with incarna hoping that so many people will have a stiffy over walking in stations (well your ships cabin for now) that they'll let let the price tag of a cash shop slide .... since it's only fluff they're selling ... developed with your sub fee ... for now.

It wasn't an attempt to silence you - it was an attempt to understand why a person continues to follow the development of a game they will no longer play or pay for.

You're issue is not game related, meaning that you stopped playing because of a gaming flaw which might be corrected in a future patch, it's a problem with the company itself.  You have a problem with CCP and so long as CCP is at the helm of eve online you shouldn't care about the development or current issues with the game and CCP will always be at the helm, so why are you here?

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

{mod edit}

Curiosity? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPfJvsHnbOA

I joke I joke! :)

On topic, CCP is set release a new expansion for this winter though.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

{mod edit}

Curiosity? 

I'm sorry but she was awful, good looking but as an artist (I think that's a stretch calling her an artist) I found no redeeming qualities in her "music".

{mod edit}

On topic what is the new expansion aimed at? Is it concerned with FiS or smoothing out incarna?

CS Lewis

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

{mod edit}

Curiosity? 

I'm sorry but she was awful, good looking but as an artist (I think that's a stretch calling her an artist) I found no redeeming qualities in her "music".

{mod edit}

On topic what is the new expansion aimed at? Is it concerned with FiS or smoothing out incarna?

As far as I know, it is aimed at Null Sec, like nerfing Super-Caps.

Probably followed by some other fluff things like other races captain quarters and obviously more NEX items!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

{mod edit}

Curiosity? 

{mod edit}

I agree, it is rather plain.

Keep on rockin'!image