Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patches of Chronicles of Spellborn

I could download Chronicles of Spellborn with this link:

http://games.on.net/file/26160/The_Chronicles_of_Spellborn_v1.0.3.1_Free2Play_Client

Was the only one that works... -__-

Now i can't find any download link to get patches...and i can't make it run on my pc as well.. -__-

Someone, is there a way to play it yet? -___-'

Comments

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

In June 2009, the developers of Spellborn, Spellborn Works, went bankrupt. One of the publishers, Acclaim, announced the following month that the game would be re-developed as a free-to-play game supported by microtransactions. The new version would be released sometime after 2010, and until then the free-to-play version would remain active. But now it has been cancelled. Now it will no longer be played by Acclaim or any other company.[4]

[edit]

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

In short , No, the game no longer exists. I dont know maybe there is a private server somewhere or something .. But as far as downloading and playing its canceled.

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Didn't Disney buy up the IP or something? It's forever locked away in their vault, from what I heard. Sad. I miss Spellborn. One of my all time faves.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by Stellus

Didn't Disney buy up the IP or something? It's forever locked away in their vault, from what I heard. Sad. I miss Spellborn. One of my all time faves.

Acclaim was going to relaunch it but went into bankruptcy before that could happen.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

such a shame the game was not perfect cus of a few development choices but it had pottentional to become one of the greatest mmorpgs with some work put into it.

the dutch company that made the game tried to make it as the players wanted to see it but couldnt keep up with the cost since they pumped all their recourses into development

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

It was entertaining. I liked the strange art style and off sense of humour. The Floating world shards reminded me of Ad&d Spelljammer worlds. The combat was fun and different. It is a shame it got cancelled completely. Too bad someone like Gamersfirst couldn't pick it up. I think they picked up some other games from Acclaims library.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

mis-posted my last post again due to serious lag.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

rune of magic maker own this game they just wait for the dust to settle to relunch it,since acclaim thing finish soon!(if it hasnt already)

• arrowotwoodarrowotwood Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by drbaltazar

rune of magic maker own this game they just wait for the dust to settle to relunch it,since acclaim thing finish soon!(if it hasnt already)

I'm sorry, but your only proof of this was an article dating 4 years back from now. Please provide a source before making such statements.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

If the game was published by a mayor house like EA then the game would have bin a huge succes, unfortunate the problem of the game was not so much the play style/mechanics but more about ad's and a bad publish partner.

Loved the skillweel system combined whit the semi-twitch combat style.

Originally posted by Eladi

If the game was published by a mayor house like EA then the game would have bin a huge succes, unfortunate the problem of the game was not so much the play style/mechanics but more about ad's and a bad publish partner.

Loved the skillweel system combined whit the semi-twitch combat style.

If they had more resources this game would have been a major success, the split launch also killed the game off.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Sad story ends a bright idea..... But it was all about the money, you cant make a good MMo with a few millions anyomre...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Sad story ends a bright idea..... But it was all about the money, you cant make a good MMo with a few millions anyomre...

They had a budget of 18 million euro, I wouldn't call that a few million.

Note: I don't pull these numbers out of my sleeves, it was confirmed on a presentation that can be found on youtube (it's in dutch though).

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Originally posted by arrowotwood

Note: I don't pull these numbers out of my sleeves, it was confirmed on a presentation that can be found on youtube (it's in dutch though).

pfft, you felt the need to justify... just do what I do, state a fact then walk away. If they're to lazy to google who cares.

[edit]

and for the comment, you can't make a game with a few million... I don't agree, of course you can. If your crew has the talent at their job to "animate, create & program" effectively it can easily be done. I mean whats the usual low budget complaints? Bad graphics, bad animations, bugs and shitty programming. Have a crew who can do their job with stylized graphics in a proven engine (or even custom engine - would be cheaper) and it can be done.

Will it ever be done? Doubtful but it's possible.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

Originally posted by C0MA

Originally posted by arrowotwood

pfft, you felt the need to justify... just do what I do, state a fact then walk away. If they're to lazy to google who cares.

[edit]

and for the comment, you can't make a game with a few million... I don't agree, of course you can. If your crew has the talent at their job to "animate, create & program" effectively it can easily be done. I mean whats the usual low budget complaints? Bad graphics, bad animations, bugs and shitty programming. Have a crew who can do their job with stylized graphics in a proven engine (or even custom engine - would be cheaper) and it can be done.

Will it ever be done? Doubtful but it's possible.

Thanks!

Yes making a game with a tight budget is hard; Spellborn had a good budget. They only spent their money wrong (wrong engine, bad marketing) and they went with the wrong publishers.

I, for one, still miss this game and I hope that someday this game or a very similar one (re)surfaces.