Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you create a facebook account or share your existing to play TSW?

Comments

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Originally posted by Zadawn

Cash shop in a p2p sucks.That's all i've got to say.

Agreed! They going to milk it on all levels since i bet you there will be not much of a game, just like AoC.

In any case, the poll is not looking good for funcom to say the least.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by taus01

Agreed! They going to milk it on all levels since i bet you there will be not much of a game, just like AoC.

You assume that FB will be required to play TSW, which is wrong.

You assume that the cash shop will have all kinds of items, they already stated that it'll have only vanity items. I guess that you're not playing any P2P MMO anymore nor have been for years, since iirc all of them have item shops?

You assume that it'll be not much of a game, just like AoC was not much of a game? That point is completely ridiculous. It sounds like a heavily biased opinion against FC to me, but to each their own. If you didn't enjoy AoC or won't enjoy TSW, doesn't mean that others will feel the same. If you don't like FC games, do the sensible thing and move on to MMO's you do like to play, if there are any, that is.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

You assume that FB will be required to play TSW, which is wrong.

You assume that the cash shop will have all kinds of items, they already stated that it'll have only vanity items. I guess that you're not playing any P2P MMO anymore nor have been for years, since iirc all of them have item shops?

You assume that it'll be not much of a game, just like AoC was not much of a game? That point is completely ridiculous. It sounds like a heavily biased opinion against FC to me, but to each their own. If you didn't enjoy AoC or won't enjoy TSW, doesn't mean that others will feel the same. If you don't like FC games, do the sensible thing and move on to MMO's you do like to play, if there are any, that is.

The P2P games i play don't have any item shops. I don't know which P2P games you refer to, maybe the EvE disaster? thats a good example how not to do it.

In any case, i move on when i feel like it, in the meantime i will speak my mind.

I will let you have your opinion and i expect you to let me have mine, i am sure we can agree to disagree.

• RunemonRunemon Member Posts: 11

To shorten the answer I will say: Absolutely

especially if it gets more friends.. more friends in an mmo is NEVER a bad thing plus it adds another tool outside of the game to discuss outside things with your online bros

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

The P2P games i play don't have any item shops. I don't know which P2P games you refer to, maybe the EvE disaster? thats a good example how not to do it.

In any case, i move on when i feel like it, in the meantime i will speak my mind.

I will let you have your opinion and i expect you to let me have mine, i am sure we can agree to disagree.

Well, it's obvious that it isn't about FB or an item shop, it's about FC using it. That should be made quite clear. The item shop, FB, vanity items and FB is not required for those that want to apply for beta, just for people who're interested in the Secret War metagame. Sounds like a big fuss about nothing to me, especially when it's from people who have no intention of playing the game anyway. For those who do intend to play, there are enough ways to play as they like.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• NifaNifa Member Posts: 324

If (and that's a big if) Secret World or any other game decides to require me to allow them access to a Facebook account - whether real or a false one created just for the game - I would not play that game.

No, it would not matter if the game was subscription based, B2P, or F2P.

Any company that decided it was a good idea after the way RealID blew up in Activision-Blizzard's face would not be the most business-savvy company on the planet, but stranger things have happened.

Realistically speaking, while games are moving into mainstream, they are not mainstream yet. I personally know several people who would literally lose their jobs (many states here in the US are still "at will employment," meaning your employer does not need a reason to terminate you) if their employers were to learn that, in their spare time, away from the office, they played online games. At least once a week, there is an article in the press about someone who has lost their job for just this reason.

So while I do not believe that it is at all realistic that any game company would even consider making this demand for a second (not if they wanted to actually stay in business), there is absolutely no way that I would ever consider supporting any company that considered making such a demand or requirement in order to play thier game, either.

Firebrand Art

"You are obviously confusing a mature rating with actual maturity." -Asherman

Maybe MMO is not your genre, go play Modern Warfare...or something you can be all twitchy...and rank up all night. This is seriously getting tired. -Ranyr

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

yeah because poll on these forums which reperesent minority of gamers who are going to play TSW is really going to give Funcom sleepless nights.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Already did. I never use my facebook anyway, I update maybe 3-4 times a year and rarely talk to anyone on it.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

If they do this then I won't be playing. I like to keep my game life seperate from my real life. But then again if their item shop is complete SH*T then I won't be playing anyway.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Meh, I look at it this way...

I have a facebook account that is hardly used. I have friends and family who relentlessly spam it with Farmville and other FB game crap on an almost hourly basis. If Funcom ends up spamming them with TSW crap, so be it. 

As for those who are freaking out about the whole Facebook thing;

It has been stated several times that the 'Secret War'/Facebook thing is -not- a requirement for applying to the beta. The only reason for the facebook sign up was for the pre-beta ARG they have planned. Simply signing up for a forum account was enough to get you into the running for a chance at beta. Certain people on these forums just have to make a big something out of a minor nothing. Best just to leave them to their 'rage of the month' club topics and move on...

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

Posted by waynejr2

Why don't you gamers hold youself up to a better standard of treatment?  Are you that easy?  e for their benefit.  In the real world, I would be getting paid a nice sum of $$$ for advertising your product. In some ways this is worse as you are not even certain of getting paid with a beta account. Why don't you gamers hold youself up to a better standard of treatment?  Are you that easy? 

Enough said, no?

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

Originally posted by Supersoups

yeah because poll on these forums which reperesent minority of gamers who are going to play TSW is really going to give Funcom sleepless nights.

What? Who is talking about giving funcom sleepless nights, you make no sense at all my friend. If you are bitter because the poll did not go your way then i am very sorry. I did not mean to offend you.

If this is not a forum that represents the target audience, then i don't know what is. So in all fairness, the majority does not like the facebook idea.

Funcom would be smart not to put too many eggs into the Facebook/social media basket.

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

What? Who is talking about giving funcom sleepless nights, you make no sense at all my friend. If you are bitter because the poll did not go your way then i am very sorry. I did not mean to offend you.

If this is not a forum that represents the target audience, then i don't know what is. So in all fairness, the majority does not like the facebook idea.

Funcom would be smart not to put too many eggs into the Facebook/social media basket.

If this forum represents any target audience its the 12 year old punk, the troll that cant go outside his mommas basement for fear of being melted by the mere touch of any type of light and forum ragers that love nothing more than to..... well, rage. I'm sorry to have to be the one to break this too you but mmorpg.com has some of if not the worst forum members of any community and thats saying alot.

There are a few members on here that do try to bring some form of constructive debate and discussion to these boards but sadly they usually get drowned out by the mass bullshit that the other 90% spew at an almost inhuman speed. I really doubt ANY major developer gives a damn about what these so called polls show since most are just troll bait looking to start mass flaming and hardly if ever have anything constructive to add at all.

No it does not represent the target audience. I am not bitter because this poll is as relevant as the x fire ratings.

Originally posted by UrzaElent

If this forum represents any target audience its the 12 year old punk, the troll that cant go outside his mommas basement for fear of being melted by the mere touch of any type of light and forum ragers that love nothing more than to..... well, rage. I'm sorry to have to be the one to break this too you but mmorpg.com has some of if not the worst forum members of any community and thats saying alot.

There are a few members on here that do try to bring some form of constructive debate and discussion to these boards but sadly they usually get drowned out by the mass bullshit that the other 90% spew at an almost inhuman speed. I really doubt ANY major developer gives a damn about what these so called polls show since most are just troll bait looking to start mass flaming and hardly if ever have anything constructive to add at all.

Oh you mean like yourself?

What, where how? This is a Poll about what the users of this forum think. It's not a Poll directed at Funcom, how did you come up with that silly idea.

And you are right, funcom does not care, wait, they do! They did change the signup page because there was a huge outcry (not from this Poll but in general)

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I signed up with my normal FB account the second it went up. I don't understand why people are crying about it. Welcome to the internet people.

No it does not represent the target audience. I am not bitter because this poll is as relevant as the x fire ratings.

So if this website is not the target audience, then which website is? I guess thats why they never write about TSW here, ahve special forums for it or feature adds, oh wait....

Which website would have the target audience?

What does X Fire have to do with a poll about an upcoming game and the use of facebook?

This is the funniest thing i have ever read on this forum, thanks for the giggles.

• archisisarchisis Member UncommonPosts: 58

Definately not. First and foremost, I am not a social networker. I like keeping my private life private and any game that forces you to use facebook to play or any other type of social networking will be off my radar.

So if this website is not the target audience, then which website is? I guess thats why they never write about TSW here, ahve special forums for it or feature adds, oh wait....

What does X Fire have to do with a poll about an upcoming game and the use of facebook?

This is the funniest thing i have ever read on this forum, thanks for the giggles.

{mod edt}

{mod edt} If this website has no relevance with the MMO industry, then i suggest you move on.

It seems however you like to argue about a Poll that concerns a certain MMO. Why are you still replying or posting if this is all irrelevant and not an MMO site?

{mod edt}

{mod edt}

My point exactly. If anyone took these forums for real then no one would play mmos cause they would ALL HAVE TO BE GARBAGE. Everything from GW2 to SW:TOR is gonna epic fail. Why? Cause the mmorpg.com forums said so.  90% of these hardcore gamers that post on here dont even have any gaming history at all in their profiles, including the OP of this thread. Frankly, I doubt most of these posters play as many games as they let on or any games at all. They're just here to rage and cause forum flame wars.

Even funnier than 'shady Funcom is going to sell us out' and 'fasict police state of america' posts of yours? nah i doubt that. You said 'poll doesn't look good for Funcom' as if this poll has any real relevance outside of this website. If i go by what target audience of this website have to say then there is not a single MMO out there that is worth playing.

Why don't you take a step back and quit the personal attacks. If this website has no relevance with the MMO industry, then i suggest you move on.

It seems however you like to argue about a Poll that concerns a certain MMO. Why are you still replying or posting if this is all irrelevant and not an MMO site?

You know you make absolutely no sense and it saddens me deeply. My sincere apologies if i posted on the wrong forum/website.

Where are the personal attacks? it is ok for you to 'giggle' (really?) at my posts but i can't laugh at yours? why is that may i know? this website has relevance to MMO industry but no relevance when it comes to polls and opinion making done by users as yourself considering it represent a small minority of gamers world wide. So the poll might not look good for FUNCOM but it has no relevance outside this forum what so ever.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Fighting against social networking is a lost cause. It's going to become more and more integrated into just about everything. Adapt or end up like your grandparents that didn't understand how all this stuff works.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

AS the topic says, create a facebook account just for TSW or share you info with funcom?

I went to their TSW site and registered for the beta there, at no point of the registeration they required any FB related stuff from me.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

To answer the thread Question, not just NO, but HELL NO!

Originally posted by UrzaElent

Oh you mean like yourself?

What, where how? This is a Poll about what the users of this forum think. It's not a Poll directed at Funcom, how did you come up with that silly idea.

And you are right, funcom does not care, wait, they do! They did change the signup page because there was a huge outcry (not from this Poll but in general)

For someone that was crying about personal attacks you sure are fast to attack others arent you? Funny how at no time during my post I said anything at all about you yet the first words of your reply is a attack againest me, lol. Well, guess I can add hypocrites to my list of why no one cares for anything thats posted here, rofl.

And as for your whole, OMG, TSW changed their signup cause of mass rage, yea, I dont think so. All they did was clear it up a little. If you knew how to read at all you would have known from day one that all the facebook requirement was for was to do the secert war. It was never a requirement for beta, they said so themselves.

"If you are an existing member of the community (e.g. you took the original initiation test or even left your e-mail in the newsletter sign-up) you have been automatically registered as

a beta candidate. As such it is not necessary for you to re-register through the first phase of The Secret War experience if you only want to be considered for beta."

So, wait, I was right, Funcom couldnt give a rats ass what you or anyone else on here polls about!

Have a nice day! image