Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Players May Be Able to "Create" Own PvP Servers

124»

Comments

• sfly2000sfly2000 Member Posts: 168

Great, now if I spend 2 years of my life removing childish looking races, gear and other maybe this will turn into a good game after all...

• ArshayArshay Member Posts: 9

This does not mean you will be able to host private servers on your own hardware. It simply means you'll be able to create custom PvP games with your own choice of maps, rulesets, etc. It will still be hosted on the official ArenaNet servers.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I wonder if we'll see 24/7 Khylo servers.  It's bound to happen like in FPS games.   24/7 Dustbowl anyone?

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Both this and StarWars TOR seam to be chock-a-block with great ideas . Maybe we are about to finally see the next generation of mmos and an industry no longer dominated by one game . Keeping my fingers crossed .

• made9made9 Member Posts: 20

this seems pretty cool to play with friends or with your guild , thanks Anet

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

what there saying basicly is that simple arena fights.. like guildwars 5v5 battles..

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Arquiteto

Wow. I really have been fighting the urge to drink the GW2 koolaid and join the masses in the excitement, but wow Arenanet is flippin amazing. So many features for just a one time fee. UNREAL. Give me that koolaid I am ready.

You can have some of mine, I have been drinking it so long I think I have enough for everyone *Opens Fridge*

• KhazideaKhazidea Member Posts: 2

Title is misleading. You cant run a whole server. Just a tournament or 1v1-10v10 scenario.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Khazidea

Title is misleading. You cant run a whole server. Just a tournament or 1v1-10v10 scenario.

Don't care...

We will still be able to "Run" the event basicaly. There will be a level of control over the events that we haven't (or I havent) experienced in any other mmorpg, can't wait.

• MurahMurah Member UncommonPosts: 41

Fire3line:  "As for GW2, its very simple, you go into Instanced PvP you gain nothing for you main character. If you want to see some kind of progression, look cool or whatever, you will do WvWvW. Plus some kind of PvE bonuses yet to determine. 

Also, they haven't really said anything relevant about WvWvW other than "its there, we are not ready to show it", so until they are, and they properly show the rewards for it and what not, we can only wait and see."

Thanks for the response and the insight.  I wasn't aware that instanced/arena pvp wasn't going to benefit your main character.

• KhazideaKhazidea Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Murah

Fire3line:  "As for GW2, its very simple, you go into Instanced PvP you gain nothing for you main character. If you want to see some kind of progression, look cool or whatever, you will do WvWvW. Plus some kind of PvE bonuses yet to determine. 

Also, they haven't really said anything relevant about WvWvW other than "its there, we are not ready to show it", so until they are, and they properly show the rewards for it and what not, we can only wait and see."

Thanks for the response and the insight.  I wasn't aware that instanced/arena pvp wasn't going to benefit your main character.

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Abdar

I know it's been thrown out there before with other games.. but if there was a true potential WoW killer coming out, this is it.

I second that.  I'm behind the curve here since GW2 just popped up on my radar from Gamescom, but seriously ... looks awesome and different.

I didn't see the original commnet, but mmorpg paraphrased the comment in a way that would make it seem like you could host a server in your home or dorm like counterstrike back in the day.  Someone, whether it's mmorpg or arenanet needs to clarify that though.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

If we can make a hardcore PvP server Full loot open world.  OMG I WILL PLAY THIS THE REST OF MY LIFE

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

Originally posted by BelegStrongbow

If we can make a hardcore PvP server Full loot open world.  OMG I WILL PLAY THIS THE REST OF MY LIFE

It is for structured PVP matches, you cannot setup your own GW2 server.

• coomscooms Member Posts: 219

Ive been heavily debating which game to preorder swtor or gw2. This pax has made the choice for me. Gw2 is not only going to be amazing and polished but also innovative. Compared to swtor which seems to be very impressive but just more of the same.