Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Profession Poll

taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64

I know that there was one of these polls already, but its a bit out of date and with only one class unannounced now, id like to see what you guys are thinking of rolling.

Also please dont have a arguement about the unnanounced class here, theres a thread for that.

Comments

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

what if you as i , already know the first class and the main and they are not the same ?

First going to be ranger, main Mesmer! (as I did  in GW1).

• taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64

hahah, good point, well people such as yourself can do exacly what you did and specify in a comment aswell as choosing one of them in the Poll

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I chose Elementalist but depending what the new proffession is/like, i may choose the latter.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Asuran Guardian to do flips n shi-. Oh and I guess because of RoJ.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

My preference is warrior, since I've looked at the 2H spec builder and thats what I'll most likely want to play. Since this game allows me to change weapons so freely though, my Warrior should be able to carry out all tasks.

I just have a concern that they may be quite weak...at least from what I've seen of PvP Footage. Really want to see what a Warrior can do with a 2H edge...

May make an Elementalist Alt though.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Mesmer (god,jebus,buddha willing) cant wait to hex all the ele's image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by grunt187

Mesmer (god,jebus,buddha willing) cant wait to hex all the ele's image

I sure hope jebus is willing^^

On topic: Going warrior as my main, but really, no rangers?

scribble scribble scribble

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Just want to add, it seems there will be multiple ways to spec a Warrior..e.g.:

Full offense warrior 

CC Warrior

Support warrior

Tank Warrior

etc.

I'm talking about secondary skills here primarily. So I wonder how easy those will be to re-spec. Primary doesn't matter since those are your bread and butter damage moves.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

Originally posted by Tyrxz

I know what you mean. The original Guild Wars is overflowing with them. 

• taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64

Yeah, i really want all the classes to be balanced and even, but from what i've seen (I'm just speculating)  Rangers seem to be some what weaker than most of the classes, but even if thats true or not for some reason theres nothing really saying "Hey im a  Ranger, Pick me because i can do this and i have this!", they just seem a lot like every other ranger/hunter  ... Pet with some nature moves and a bow.  =              (once again this is my opinion/speculation)

However i could be completely wrong because i've only watched videos, but to me thats just how the seem, unfortunantly.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I have no doubt we'll see plenty of Rangers, Sylvari ones especially. Gotta fulfill that Legolaz quota.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by taylor2144

Yeah, i really want all the classes to be balanced and even, but from what i've seen (I'm just speculating)  Rangers seem to be some what weaker than most of the classes, but even if thats true or not for some reason theres nothing really saying "Hey im a  Ranger, Pick me because i can do this and i have this!", they just seem a lot like every other ranger/hunter  ... Pet with some nature moves and a bow.  =              (once again this is my opinion/speculation)

However i could be completely wrong because i've only watched videos, but to me thats just how the seem, unfortunantly.

I actually agree with you. Also the rangers pet seems to be dying faster than anything I've ever seen. But I believe ANET will work on this issue, not sure it's been fixed on the demos they used at GC and PAX

scribble scribble scribble

• goouiegoouie Member Posts: 44

going Ranger as well, decided that once I saw the clip of a Rangers pet coming back to revive him in a downed state with the ability called Lick Wounds, reminded me of my dog

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Going to be a caster, currently i cant choose between ele and necro, and mezmer will make things only harder when it arives... ... On top of that all classes sound like so much fun.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Tyrxz

Originally posted by taylor2144

I actually agree with you. Also the rangers pet seems to be dying faster than anything I've ever seen. But I believe ANET will work on this issue, not sure it's been fixed on the demos they used at GC and PAX

A couple of things about ranger pets:

1) Most people who play either don't care about their pet or they do not know how to play properly since they are, obviously, new to the game.

2) Anet knows it is a problem and is working on it.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Charr Warrior first. Then Charr something. Then probably Charr something else. Repeat.

• made9made9 Member Posts: 20

heheh charr thief is awesome

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

Well, I loved mesmer in GW1 so, assuming that the secret class is indeed that, a Human Mesmer for my first character.

Second character will be a Charr Engineer, I reckon.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Interesting results so far. So little love for Guardians really surprised me, I would have thought them to be the most popular, just judging from community feedback.

And Rangers the ugly stepchild now? How'd that happen? Because other professions have ranged builds too?

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Naqaj

Interesting results so far. So little love for Guardians really surprised me, I would have thought them to be the most popular, just judging from community feedback.

And Rangers the ugly stepchild now? How'd that happen? Because other professions have ranged builds too?

Nah, it' just that the pet mechanic wasn't well implemented and what people recall from watching them in action are pet corpses everywhere rather than pets in combat and being an asset.  They didn't initially make much of a showing so it's not suprising that interest in them is low.  Once pets are working well and people get a chance to see what the profession is really capable of, I think they'll get a lot more interest.

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

Norn something, maybe a Norn warrior.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Can't help noticing all the thieves, but not a one commenting in the thread.  Sneaksy thieves, I say.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• phantiasmicphantiasmic Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Razephon

My preference is warrior, since I've looked at the 2H spec builder and thats what I'll most likely want to play. Since this game allows me to change weapons so freely though, my Warrior should be able to carry out all tasks.

I just have a concern that they may be quite weak...at least from what I've seen of PvP Footage. Really want to see what a Warrior can do with a 2H edge...

May make an Elementalist Alt though.

Keep in mind in pvp nobody knows all the skills and classes yet much, and if you watched anyone vs. dev team the dev team knows everything the toons can do and they play every day.

I am leaning towards war also, because finally a game where it doesn't matter as much what you play, I have always been healers or necro/warlocks in games I play but my real honest favorite thing is a fully armored "look" and a war in GW2 being able to swap out weapons etc... looks appealing to me.

- I have played Everquest, DAOC, Shadowbane, WoW, Aion, Rift, SW Galaxies, Planetside and Guild Wars (all expacs)

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

Ranger (Sylvari). I always play bow users in MMOs first, I LOVE the look of the weapon and ranged fight is more fun than melee. Too bad archer chars fail in most games, so they better make them decent (like in GW1). ^^

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by silenos

Ranger (Sylvari). I always play bow users in MMOs first, I LOVE the look of the weapon and ranged fight is more fun than melee. Too bad archer chars fail in most games, so they better make them decent (like in GW1). ^^

Note that Thieves can use shortbows and Warriors can use longbows. And then there are also pistols and rifles of course for even more ranged weapon options usable by Engineers, Thieves and Warriors. The Ranger is far from the only ranged combatant nor is the Ranger only a ranged combatant (since the Ranger can also wield swords and greatswords).