Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye R&P

Comments

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by outfctrl

Justin Bieber gets street named after him?  Come on...Who gives a  #@%^...LOL

That topic still beats 90% of the others ;)

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by generals3

yeah, if you are 12

yeah, if you are 12

Heh, still beats someone's fav pizza or icecream debate

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I LIKE BOOBS AND PIE AND ALSO PIE

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

What about waffles?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

yeah, if you are 12

Last I looked there are no chains tieing you to this place.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by Teala

It will not be missed.

Yup, it wasn't good while it lasted. No more topics degenerating into pics of the twin towers blowing up LOL.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by grunty

yeah, if you are 12

Last I looked there are no chains tieing you to this place.

Oh but i only skim for the odd interesting topic like science topics. Doesn't mean i can't have a personal opinion about the others (which, don't worry, i won't share in the topics themselves)

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Originally posted by deviliscious

What did you guys do?!!  image

Stuff like this.

?

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Tis shame...

These forums just aren't the same anymore.

When it first came about, moderation was light, if any at all, with people usually moderating themselves.

Then it got heavier when a core team was initiated...Though fair.

Then it got heavy handed.

Then a R&P forum was created so moderation wouldn't have to be wasted on R&P related topics.

And now it got removed...Because it looked back?

Bah...Whatever.

Hence why I went to skulking a couple years back...

Now I will go back. So sad...

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Originally posted by deviliscious

What did you guys do?!! I take a vacation from the internet for a bit and come back and you guys got us kicked out! See what happens when I leave you to yourselves for a bit- you set off to destroy the world!  See what I mean about men? You guys can't even manage to behave yourselves enough to have civil discussions without getting thrown out. THAT' is a fine example of men do when women aren't around.  You guys really need to start using both sides of your brain before you destroy the world. image

Sad. Really Sad.  * sighs* R&P on here was far more entertaining than other sites. I'm going to miss it. image

THIS ^

But hey, we can all see each other in regular Off-Topic right?  R & P had some great moments though =)

R.I.P.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

OT is pretty boring actually...Actually this site is pretty boring anymore.

i think i'm just so bored i come and see if anything at all is going on here lol.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

Why don't you all just go to the Spam forum and have your "R&P Wars" over there?

Originally posted by Tim_Braid

Why don't you all just go to the Spam forum and have your "R&P Wars" over there?

"Religion and Politics

• MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics may be locked or deleted if determined out of hand by the MMORPG.com moderator staff

They are allowed if people remain civil is my interpretation of the rule. If they don't remain civil then the topics will probably be completely banned again. And my guess is civility will be determined by someone not participating in those discussions who will not share their opinion about what being civil means.

And another of my 2 cents worth. If you turn my Caturday threads into religion and politics threads like what used to occur I'll report 'em myself.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

hmm,  in MikeB's post it said the topics were forbidden..

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

"Religion and Politics

• MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics may be locked or deleted if determined out of hand by the MMORPG.com moderator staff

They are allowed if people remain civil is my interpretation of the rule. If they don't remain civil then the topics will probably be completely banned again. And my guess is civility will be determined by someone not participating in those discussions who will not share their opinion about what being civil means.

And another of my 2 cents worth. If you turn my Caturday threads into religion and politics threads like what used to occur I'll report 'em myself.

I still don't understand what the problem is Grunty. I mean was the information posted in the R&P discussion forum worse than what is posted here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm?post=3995025#3995025

Would this person be banned or deemed as a troll if he were to post this same post in the R&P forum? I really don't understand what you and the mods have against people expressing themselves in their own unique and authentic way. In my eyes as long as the writing is good and their opinion(religious, political or whatever) negative or positive is presented in a skillfull and civil manner, I see no reason why people can't migrate to the spam forum to express their opinions and thoughts. I mean for crying out loud it's a SPAM forum, everything posted their is essentially garbage anyway, so why not let us post our garbage and let us have our fun. 

"Religion and Politics

I still don't understand what the problem is Grunty. I mean was the information posted in the R&P discussion forum worse than what is posted here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm?post=3995025#3995025

Would this person be banned or deemed as a troll if he were to post this same post in the R&P forum? I really don't understand what you and the mods have against people expressing themselves in their own unique and authentic way. In my eyes as long as the writing is good and their opinion(religious, political or whatever) negative or positive is presented in a skillfull and civil manner, I see no reason why people can't migrate to the spam forum to express their opinions and thoughts. I mean for crying out loud it's a SPAM forum, everything posted their is essentially garbage anyway, so why not let us post our garbage and let us have our fun. 

I don't care if you post it in the spam forum. The moderators might though. The problems the R & P forum were intended to reduce were the continual thread hijackings of the the R & P posters and the vehemence in which they argued.

They didn't have any boundaries. They couldn't remain civil. They were then given their own place with much bigger boundaries. They became even less civil. Their playroom has been shut down.

To me that post is on the border of being offensive. Were it much more offensive I would report it. I read enough of the first paragraph and scanned a couple of other places to know it isn't something I want to read further. So I stopped and I won't be going back to it. I got past the habit of cussing for the sake of cussing. It has its value when it isn't overused.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

"Religion and Politics

There is a difference between real life venting/expression, and the insulting/bullying of other users that went on in R&P. I would argue they barely even discussed legit politcs there. It was the same ideas posted in every thread, eventually degrading to just back and forth name calling, assuming it didn't start that way in the first place.

edit: Although if cursing in general (even if it isn't directed at users) is grounds for reporting, then yes I imagine the thread you linked could be deleted if mods saw it.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I stopped going there several months ago. It had its good moments, but eventually became too ridiculous. Surprised to see it go, but doesn't really bother me.

O_o o_O

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

{mod edit}

But Ive hanging out here

https://www.gunsgrubandgold.com/  the forums and layout is Kool..peeps seem to be Kool to.its pretty much same their as it was here.

RUCKUS is my name.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by frodus

{mod edit}

But Ive hanging out here

https://www.gunsgrubandgold.com/  the forums and layout is Kool..peeps seem to be Kool to.its pretty much same their as it was here.

RUCKUS is my name.

Well, this place is boring now.  I have pretty much stopped coming here.  I check my games, a few posts, then log off.

Shame they took a fun forum away.

i'm wondering why the don't shut down the OT since they are all about just talking about games, according to the mikeb post.

- Lewis Thomas

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by Scalebane

i'm wondering why the don't shut down the OT since they are all about just talking about games, according to the mikeb post.

Well, they got to have a place for the other 99% of asinine bullcrap that gets spewed from people's heads onto the interent.  Oh... and a place for RMT sellers or no-name game fanbots to spam their stuff.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

u guys mad?

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Originally posted by SoulSurfer

u guys mad?

hell ya...

this is just like the NGE from soe!   image

This discussion has been closed.