Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Free?

2»

Comments

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

its free for the 6th month annaversery

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

The list of games on the homepage are free to play OR download.  This does not mean that all of the games listed there are free.  You can follow those links, signup and download the game and start playing right away without purchasing a box copy at a store or whatever.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• d0nnybr4sc0d0nnybr4sc0 Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Meddle

The list of games on the homepage are free to play OR download.  This does not mean that all of the games listed there are free.  You can follow those links, signup and download the game and start playing right away without purchasing a box copy at a store or whatever.

You are *mod edit*. How does that mean it is F2P? Please get this sand out of my *mod edit*  because my *mod edit* might get infected. Hey MMORPG staff when is the next syndiacte interview? 

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Originally posted by d0nnybr4sc0

Originally posted by Meddle

You are *mod edit*. How does that mean it is F2P? Please get this sand out of my *mod edit*  because my *mod edit* might get infected. Hey MMORPG staff when is the next syndiacte interview? 

If you go to the homepage and read the text above the list of games there it states:

"Free MMOs to Play or Download Now!"

This does not imply that every game listed there is f2p.

Before posting again I would suggest that you also read our rules of conduct for acceptable behavior when posting on the MMORPG.com forums.  Insulting others and generally being vulgar is not allowed and will earn you a ban.  Especially when you respond to a staff member in that manner ;)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by Wraithone

Originally posted by Hyperbeam

Rift is doing alright at present but Trion is at least realistic.  They know as soon as SWTOR turns up and then later in the year GW2, and others, then there subs are going to drop drastically.  So basically the're trying to get as many people as possible to sign on and pay now while there's no new alternative.

It's smart from a business sense a bit pathetic long term really.

Well, making as good a ROI as possible is one of the MAJOR reasons for this exercise... ^^  But at this point, its looking like GW2 may not launch this year.  As for TOR, that will no doubt attract many people, but again, I doubt its going to casuse massive numbers of people to leave Rift (or WoW) forever.  From what I've seen and heard its basically WoW with light sabers. ^^  Over all, the demise of Rift, while it may be a fond wish of the haters and WoW fan kiddies, isn't in the cards at this point. 

Ummm, if SWTOR is WoW with lightsabers, what does that make Rift?  There isn't a bigger WoW rip-off on the market than Rift.  At least SWTOR has a massively popular IP going for it.