Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is the system requirment for rift

peepalalapeepalala Member Posts: 7

hi all ,

i want to play rift game , can anyone tell me what is the system requirment of this game , i am using 2 gb ram and window vista . is this enough to play this superb game or i need to upgrade it .

Comments

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

I really dont mean to be an arse, but, let me explain how vague your post looks like to us:D

hi all,

I want go to on the highway, can anyone tell me what is the requirement of the highway,  i am using 2 wheels and an engine.  is this enough to go on the highway or do i need to upgrade it.

the only peice of information we can deduce from the information you have provided is your machine is younger then 2006 which is when vista was released.   2gb of ram is pretty much the bare minimum for a functional vista machine.  you can go lower, but the machine would be insanely slow that you'd have smashed it to peices by now:D

if you built the machine, then provide more info on what's in the machine. 

if you bought a pre built machine, at least give us the make and model # of it so we can look it up.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• peepalalapeepalala Member Posts: 7

thanks a lot for your reply ,  this is the more information about my pc , actually its my elder brother`s pc i ask it from him , if you need more information then let me know please .  

Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 GHz @ 2.66 GHz.

*2GB of DRR2  RAM.

*320GB  hard drive.

*DVD drive.

*Integrated sound.

*All stock air coolers.

well thanks for your reply , i post more information about my pc please take a look and tell me that its enough . 

• immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Just follow the poster above's advice... go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/  

Once you're there choose rift and it will tell you if you can run it.

well many many thanks for this site but when i click on tab (can i run it ) after some time its showing  , system requirments lab was not able to load , try again .

• USSBordenUSSBorden Member Posts: 8

Minimum System Specification

• Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7

• Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better

• Memory: 2 GB

• Hard disk space: 8.0 GB available

• Video: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500 or better.

• Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card

• DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update

• Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

[edit] Recommended System Specification

• Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better

• Memory: 4 GB

• Hard disk space: 8.0 GB available

• Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better

• Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better

• Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card

• DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update

• Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

Originally posted by peepalala

thanks a lot for your reply ,  this is the more information about my pc , actually its my elder brother`s pc i ask it from him , if you need more information then let me know please .  

*2GB of DRR2  RAM.

*320GB  hard drive.

*DVD drive.

*Integrated sound.

*All stock air coolers.

you "should" be able to run it at minimal setting, however, there are a few upgrades that would give you a much better experience with the game.

from the spec you've given, it sounds like a factory pre built machine(maybe a HP, Dell, gateway, or maybe acer?) so the video card is most likely the onboard solution.  adding a $100 video card(a hotter video card would put your powersupply out of business so there is no point) and 2 more gigs of ram would likely make your overall experiance on the game MUCH better.   there isn't much point in going beyond 4 gigs of ram since you'll likely have the 32bit version of vista meaning the operating system can only support 3 gigs of ram(maybe 3.5 if your brother optimized it but doubtful since it only has 2 gigs of ram.)   so putting about $150 into the machine would allow you to enjoy rift for a few more years but dont expect too much out of an already aging machine. 

one of the biggest advice i can give you is to set a date with the vacuum cleaner and clean the heck out of the inside of that computer:D  a factory machine would not have any air filters and the inside of the machine would likely have about 2 pounds of dust:D

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by psyclum

Originally posted by peepalala

*2GB of DRR2  RAM.

*320GB  hard drive.

*DVD drive.

*Integrated sound.

*All stock air coolers.

you "should" be able to run it at minimal setting, however, there are a few upgrades that would give you a much better experience with the game.

from the spec you've given, it sounds like a factory pre built machine(maybe a HP, Dell, gateway, or maybe acer?) so the video card is most likely the onboard solution.  adding a $100 video card(a hotter video card would put your powersupply out of business so there is no point) and 2 more gigs of ram would likely make your overall experiance on the game MUCH better.   there isn't much point in going beyond 4 gigs of ram since you'll likely have the 32bit version of vista meaning the operating system can only support 3 gigs of ram(maybe 3.5 if your brother optimized it but doubtful since it only has 2 gigs of ram.)   so putting about $150 into the machine would allow you to enjoy rift for a few more years but dont expect too much out of an already aging machine. 

one of the biggest advice i can give you is to set a date with the vacuum cleaner and clean the heck out of the inside of that computer:D  a factory machine would not have any air filters and the inside of the machine would likely have about 2 pounds of dust:D

NO, No, no. Never use a vaccuum cleaner to clean electronic circuitry. The movement of the air in combination with the ubiquitous plastic nozzle creates an abundance of static electricity. Doing this could fry  any electronic circuitry that this is done to. If it hasn't, you've been lucky.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Why would someone promoting a Rift leveling guide in their signature need to know what the system requirements are for Rift? I smell gold seller.

Not a gold seller but trying to sell a leveling guide via referral link.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by grunty

NO, No, no. Never use a vaccuum cleaner to clean electronic circuitry. The movement of the air in combination with the ubiquitous plastic nozzle creates an abundance of static electricity. Doing this could fry  any electronic circuitry that this is done to. If it hasn't, you've been lucky.

good catch:D   I guess i've been doing it so long i forgot that most people dont do it properly.

static electricity is extreamly dangerous to your computer IF your computer is grounded.  the static electricity from the vacuum nozzle will arc across to your machine and fry your machine if you placed your machine in a grounded location when doing it.  IF you decide to use a vacuum, ALWAYS make sure your computer isnt grounded in any way.  ALWAYS unplug your machine(and wait at least 15 seconds or more depending on the size/quality of your powersupply) before doing any work on it or you WILL fry it.

Why would someone promoting a Rift leveling guide in their signature need to know what the system requirements are for Rift? I smell gold seller.

yah he/she is a social marketer.  the reason for the post is to provide backlinks to their site when the google spider craws these sites.   it's a fairly common technique among SEO/online marketing firms.  it's what they do when they aren't farming gold:D

it seems that the forum mod's here are "instructed" to "protect" the social marketers since i got a warning from just pointing them out:D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear psyclum,

You have been issued a warning by one of our moderators.

Warning Category: Trolling

Reason: Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.

This warning was generated from the following post on our discussion forum:

Thread: ea origins- breaches our privacy

Below is the content of the post:

------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Metentso

Why is people defending Origin? Have we become sheeps of the big companies? Not many years ago everybody would be very upset about this.

they are defending it because they are hired to defend it:D  don't be so naive and think marketers don't check sites like this:D

fact is, EA is trying to ruin SWTOR just like sony ruined EQ....

------------------------------------------------

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4409032#4409032

Note: If the thread or post has been deleted you will not be able to view it. The above link might not work.

Thank you,

The Staff

MMORPG.COM

If you believe you recieved this in error or would like more information please respond to this message or send an email with the details to [email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Member Posts: 42

What video/graphics card do you have? I'm assuming it's integrated, in which the game would run like absolute garbage and look like shit with any integrated graphics with the exception of specific laptop integrated graphics.

Originally posted by psyclum

they are defending it because they are hired to defend it:D  don't be so naive and think marketers don't check sites like this:D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong. I'm about to report him for a referral link in his signature. They'll ask him to remove it or remove it themselves. If he's legit he'll remove it.