Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: From the Warp: Mini-Games Day & Space Marine Demo

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

In his latest "From the Warp" column, MMORPG.com Industry Relations Manager Garrett Fuller takes a look at the past month and the news coming out about all things Warhammer. Garrett's got a few thoughts about the new Space Marine demo, Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes and even some news about your local game shop. Check it out!

So as we track all things Warhammer in this column, I guess you could say Warhammer had a busy month. Last week at GamesCom Wrath of Heroes was announced for Warhammer Online. The Space Marine Demo came out this week as well. Also, I was lucky enough to go to a mini-Games Day event at my local GW store last weekend for some Kill Team games and painting contests. Let’s run down this list of events and look forward to September.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's From the Warp: Mini-Games Day and Space Marine Demo.

WHSM1_t.jpg

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• HolyTrevorHolyTrevor TruroPosts: 51Member Uncommon

dont you mean when gears of war 3 launches? lol

• AcvivmAcvivm Austin, TXPosts: 321Member Uncommon

Should be Gears of War 3 but we know what you meant :). Being a huge Warhammer 40k fan since I was a kid I will most definitely be picking this up. The demo was fantastic but mostly looking forward to what multiplayer has to offer, especially the Co-op if its implemented in the final product.

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• RamellRamell Viborg, AKPosts: 7Member

I will most definitely stick with Space Marine. Aside from Battlefield 3 and possibly The Old Republic, there's not really any games I'm interested in coming out for the rest of this year. Besides, I've been a 40k collector for over seven years now, so this game appeals immensily to me.

I've preordered the Collector's Edtion, and I'm considering making a miniature based on Captain Titus. 

But I don't have a local game store ( :( ). There was a small one, but it closed down a couple of years ago (had an unreliable supplier anyway), and the nearest GW is far away enough for it to be a two-day trip, so I only go there on special occasiions (like the 5th ed. release). 

• BenthonBenthon Cedar Rapids, IAPosts: 2,069Member

Space Marine was f*cking insane... Love it!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

Originally posted by Benthon
    Space Marine was f*cking insane... Love it!

I thought it was 'OK', but it's very much a console port and if you don't have a game controller to play it, you are probably going to be very disappointed in how it plays.

I will say that once I got the hang of regenerating health, it was pretty cool.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Adelaide, AKPosts: 953Member

Originally posted by Acvivm

Should be Gears of War 3 but we know what you meant :). Being a huge Warhammer 40k fan since I was a kid I will most definitely be picking this up. The demo was fantastic but mostly looking forward to what multiplayer has to offer, especially the Co-op if its implemented in the final product.

Co-op will be patched in after release, that much is confirmed. They are saying 1-2 months. There was some controversey over this for console gamers since fi they buy a secondhand copy they would have to buy the online passes that are becoming all the rage now to combat the secondhand market but obviously this doesnt apply to PC where there is no secondhand market.

I pre-ordered Space Marine long before the Demo arrived but I was not dissapointed with the demo either. I think it will be great to play the single player campaign, then multi and co-op. I hope the developers community support is good so the community thrives instead of dissapointing me like brink has. Then with any luck this will carry me with my wh40k fix until the 40K MMO arrives :)

• VamperoVampero Chicopee, MAPosts: 38Member

I played the Space Marine Demo on Xbox 360 and was great until I found out the only way to heal is to do a death move.