Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Gamescom - What's Up with 1.5?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last week's Gamescom, MMORPG.com's John Milburn had the opportunity to check out a special Rift presentation about the upcoming 1.5 patch, a patch that is set to bring some interesting new features into the game. Check out John's report on the presentation liberally peppered with questions about some of the features. Keep reading!

Now we're showing a casual player dungeon which will come out in 1.5. It's a dungeon made for solo play or about two players. It's based around the Hammerknell lore and has its own story and great content and could be completed within 30 to 40 minutes. The pressure of having an optimal class setup is out the window here. You can have two clerics or two rogues, any class will do! It's pretty easy content.

Read more of John Milburn's Rift: Gamescom - What's Up with 1.5?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShizaxxxShizaxxx Member Posts: 86

This is amazing. They are constantly pushing out those updates - and I don't just mean bug fixes.

I love the fact that they are trying to cater all player-types. 

Anyway, keep it up Trion!

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I really admire the way this game is ran.

In my opinion, RIFT is the best Themepark MMO on the market.  My opinion of it has dramatically changed from pre-release to now... They won me over after I played it for a month.

Sadly, I just hate Themepark MMOs.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Been playing since Beta 1 and im still here today mainly due to the fact every month Trion release stuff that makes me want to carry on subbing to see it.And oh boy 1.5,1.6,1.7 and 1.8 have me renewing my 6 month sub for sure.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Rift is a great game and they really seem to push the boat out for PvE'rs.

Sadly PvP - as bad as it was before 1.4, has only gotten worse with healer nerfs, the introduction of 2 new ranks (7 & 8) and the massivley abused exploit with the PvP rifts causing a huge imbalance in Warfronts and open world PvP.

I look at the patch notes hoping for a hint of what the future has in store for PvP but there is very little information forthcoming from Trion.

If PvP holds no importance for you, Rift is a great game. Myself, I just get annoyed each time I log in to the game and get 1-3 shotted in the Warfronts and trying to complete PvP dailys.

Good luck Rift, but your time is rapidly running out to get anything resembling decent PvP before other titles stomp all over it.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

So the master mode dungeons are going to be able to be completed with less people than 5 IF you have very nice gear?  Is that how everyone else read that?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Originally posted by Beyorn

So the master mode dungeons are going to be able to be completed with less people than 5 IF you have very nice gear?  Is that how everyone else read that?

No, master mode will be extremely difficult for people with extremely good geared and organized groups.

The solo/duo dungeons are the ones that can be made easier by people with good gear

• phantiasmicphantiasmic Member Posts: 38

Started Rift at launch just within last week quit playing, and not because the game is bad I just do a lot of pvp and got bored for 6 months playing the same thing a lot. But it was not so much Rift as it was me just getting bored in general with mmo's.

My only REAL gripe with Rift is how invasions if they "win" and take over an area it is short lived 10-15 min later they disappear and everything is back to normal.

That and for some reason my computer lags bad in Rift but not in any other game, have tried MANY things (and I build, troubleshoot and repair computers 17+ yrs now)  it may not be Rift itself I have a feeling my comp is just not suited for the game so not going to hold it 100% against Rift.

I like Trion though for sure, they listen to the playerbase better than any company I have seen, which is why even though I am not playing I paid for 6 months and do not regret it at all! I have been known to go back to games now and then too haha. I "quit" Everquest 3-4 times and "quit" WoW 3-4 times also. I'll likely log back in to Rift knowing my history  =)

- I have played Everquest, DAOC, Shadowbane, WoW, Aion, Rift, SW Galaxies, Planetside and Guild Wars (all expacs)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Big Clap for Trion. They are doing an exceptional good work with Rift !

I´ve been playing since beta....and really enjoying the ride :)  not time to get bored with all this new content almost every month!!!! amazing!

They love their game & their players and you can see it & feel it.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

If they add enough shit to the game that I can focus on things I enjoy doing without feeling like im missing out due to not raiding ill be happy.

I don't think the next three patches will do that for me but maybe in a year or so as they add more master mode dungeons, raid/expert rifts, crafted items and zones ill feel that my play style actually matters to them.

I don't like constantly being reminded that I don't raid anymore, I want to progress the way I want, i want to set my own goals and feel like im progressing my character without hitting that shitty Raid wall.

Right now im at the wall... and it sucks.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Mr_HalloweenMr_Halloween Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Beyorn

if i understood it right master mode will just be a lot harder version of the current dungeons, its for people who have a smaller group but want to do harder raid type content, they did not say but what it looks like is that the gear rewarded will be close to or equivalent to T1 Raiding, so slightly up from a T2

• MerkethyMerkethy Member UncommonPosts: 23

It's typical - a game for which the talented devs seems to do most things right, yet a game I have no interest in playing :/

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Merkethy

It's typical - a game for which the talented devs seems to do most things right, yet a game I have no interest in playing :/

Yea it may sound silly but the lack of creative races really takes away from the game for me. It may just be a race but it is also the avatar you're staring at the entire time you're playing.

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

well i stoped playing rift when i reach for the first time a dungeon i were lvl19 and i had to complete a dungeon that were part of my important history progression.

well it were a lvl17 recomended dungeon, i thought it was easy just because it were my first dungeon, i just get in and lured the first mob and died with 2 hits after that i figure out rift its a party dependance game.

I had a really bad impression about rift i didnt expect  so much party dependance for a game,

after that i uninstall rift and i dont have intention to come back.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by micaelmorais
    well i stoped playing rift when i reach for the first time a dungeon i were lvl19 and i had to complete a dungeon that were part of my important history progression.well it were a lvl17 recomended dungeon, i thought it was easy just because it were my first dungeon, i just get in and lured the first mob and died with 2 hits after that i figure out rift its a party dependance game.I had a really bad impression about rift i didnt expect  so much party dependance for a game, after that i uninstall rift and i dont have intention to come back.

lol ... wow .. i dont care much for rift myself, but damn thats funny stuff.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144

I tried it a couple times during beta phases and something just didn't click with me.  Something with the combat didn't feel right to me.  Perhaps I was just getting burnt out on WoW combat style from MMOs as I just quit playing that a few months back as well.

Been enjoying Planetside again and can't wait for part 2 soon.

I am happy for Trion and Rift and hope for their continued success.  I always fall back into games I have tried in the past to give them another chance and expect that will happen with Rift as well.  Perhaps I'll like it on the third or fourth try.

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Rift have released Nothing , all these so call features like Guild Bank -LFD tool - 10-20 Man raids  Should have been in the game from the start . Trion is making out like  look what we can do for you each month  but really they released only half of the game at launch & then  just add a bit of the rest each month

So next is addons ?  really after saying they were aposed to it all along "yeah right they were"  & soon I bet you will see new zones ..  Rift had such potentional

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Originally posted by Lukain

Rift have released Nothing , all these so call features like Guild Bank -LFD tool - 10-20 Man raids  Should have been in the game from the start . Trion is making out like  look what we can do for you each month  but really they released only half of the game at launch & then  just add a bit of the rest each month

So next is addons ?  really after saying they were aposed to it all along "yeah right they were"  & soon I bet you will see new zones ..  Rift had such potentional

yah cause WOW released with raids guild banks and all that content, get a clue

and im not a rift fanboy btw

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Actually your words may be truer than people imagine.

I have the feeling that a lot of the content they are 'adding' was already produced or at least a good way through development before release.

That conclusion is based on other things they have added such as the PvP Rifts which quite obviously were rushed out the door. Certain things just don't have the polish I've come to expect from Trion which leads me to beleive they already had a mass of content ready for release and real new content just hasn't had the same development time.

Nothing wrong with that I suppose, great marketing. But with that in mind it worries me that the underlying PvP game needs so much work that it just isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I don't want to see epic weapons in Rift.  Well, I wouldn't mind seeing them if developers could find a way to make those quests fun instead of massive grinds that only serve to gate off endgame content.

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

Originally posted by micaelmorais

well i stoped playing rift when i reach for the first time a dungeon i were lvl19 and i had to complete a dungeon that were part of my important history progression.

well it were a lvl17 recomended dungeon, i thought it was easy just because it were my first dungeon, i just get in and lured the first mob and died with 2 hits after that i figure out rift its a party dependance game.

I had a really bad impression about rift i didnt expect  so much party dependance for a game,

after that i uninstall rift and i dont have intention to come back.

maybe you should give up on life too

• Mr_HalloweenMr_Halloween Member Posts: 18

Your ignorance is a little sad.... Not many games if any actually have started with a LFG tool at launch so when did this become the standard? Because WoW added it 5 years after launch? Same with the Guild bank.... Get off WoWs nuts

Rift has its issues just like every other game out there, but to say it wasn't complete at launch is laughable

Maybe think and do some research before you spit nonesenes all over the place

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Oh, give me a break. Btw, Wow is still my No.1, but Rift is strong second. No other game in the world was released so far in such polished and bug free state as Rift. And this per se is great achivement.

Their developers actually CARE about playerbase. of course not every maddnes could cross in someone head ... but they have implemented very fast many things. From big one to small, lost count. Like sorting abilities between offense, buffing, ... etc. Small change but very very usefull. LFD and then cross realm lfd. We waited for loooong years for this in Wow. What about wardrobe? Love to be able to keep some nice piece even if low stats. Rift had it since start. Wow introducing it now. Now.

I could write more and more but does not make sense. Rift is The Game. As is Wow. Then all becomes little foggy, not sure which to put on 3rd place, but anyway is very far behind.

Can't wait next expansion of Wow, but same goes already with Rift. Guess my gametime will be split for time being between this two. Maybe also swotor, we will see.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if you are playing a theme-park MMO right now, it should be this, or lotr.

I hope one day a strong company like this decided to put out a sand-box :]

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by itchmon

if you are playing a theme-park MMO right now, it should be this, or lotr.

I completely agree, and while the combat in Rift is much more entertaining than what's in LoTRO it's not so much better that I'd pay the sub fee for it. I'll stick to LoTRO F2P. Rift is a solid themepark game with a neat dynamic in the soul system and a huge amount of polish but other than that it offers nothing new to themepark games (the titular rift mechanic being nothing more than a momentary diversion) and the story/lore in Rift is absolute crap compared to LoTRO.