Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: Recursive Colony Expansion Free to Everyone

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hi-Rez Studios has announced that the upcoming Global Agenda expansion will be free to all players of the game. Called Recursive Colony, the new content will be available for PAX attendees to try out and is, according to developers, the largest expansion thus far for Global Agenda.

Notable expansion additions include:  

• New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, vendors, social spaces

• New enemy bots - encountered within Open Zone as well as instanced missions

• Daily Repeatable Quests - for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions - now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)

• New Dyes, Flair, and Trails - rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests,  rare bot drops, others given via achievements

• New Pets - new pets available as rewards and crafted items.

• New Blueprints - for consumables and mods

• Easier crafting - components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills

Read more about Global Agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShobbyShobby Member Posts: 1

Too bad HiRez doesn't care anymore about GA and has already banned from the forums most of the Alpha and Beta testers.

These are the words of a Beta tester: I ain't going back, no matter what.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Shobby

Too bad HiRez doesn't care anymore about GA and has already banned from the forums most of the Alpha and Beta testers.

These are the words of a Beta tester: I ain't going back, no matter what.

Haven't heard this before...

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• TrojangokuTrojangoku Member Posts: 16

Too bad PvP and AvA is the only reason most oldbies play and this PvE update will kill it for them.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

why would a pve update kill the pvp that is already in game?

• TrojangokuTrojangoku Member Posts: 16

Because PvP and AvA arn't being updated, no new maps and no fixes to AvA (many flaws), no reason to stay.

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Same, no way to go back after 2 years of playing. Right after Cash shop was opened...game is closed fo me.

PS: Players that starting using "hacks" on PvP since Beta, are still there...even if they were reported 100+ times.

For Hirez more importanat is $, nothing else.

We need to wait for a Firefall.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Dat is true they banned a fea hackers but seems like the "popular" people are not being banned. That Stryke agency was full of them and they won AvA over and over again without Hirez doing a thing about it.

Truth is, in my perpective, its a good game with  BAD community and a VERY GREEDY company behind it.

Ill go check out the patch but i doubt ill stay there.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

This is great. This is such a great game it really just needs more expasions like this to make the game better.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• TrixtaTrixta Member Posts: 18

The global agenda forums were some of the worst moderated I have ever read.  good job on finally banning people tbh.  Shame everyone lost interest in the game

www.doom-guild.co.uk

• CergorachCergorach Member UncommonPosts: 35

I've recently started playing GA, sure it isn't as polished as some games (like Borderlands), but I thought it was fun enough. I've spent around 18 hours on it, probably half on PvE and half on PvP. I bought the game in a Steam sale and got automatically upgraded to Elite status, it just took a while for the game to come up in my gaming queue (which is huge). AvA sounds cool, but according to the forums is quite dead.

It is (now) a free game, so that makes up for a lot, $10 for Elite status is also very doable. I suspect that PvP will keep me entertained for some time to come, I personally like GA PvP better then Team Fortress 2. I like the mobility, speed, maps, and options of GA. Not to slow, not to fast, and highly mobile due to the jetpack.

As far as I know, the last update was for PvP and AVA, why shouldn't they alternate with releases? PvE now, next release PvP and PvA. I was already surprised by the amount of different maps and the quality of them. Since GA went F2P they have had a huge influx of (new) players and revenue doubled (I don't know if that is currently true), so there is oppertunity and motivation to keep working on GA.

It's not stranger that HR is diversiving in other games, that's just smart business and will keep all their games longer alive. Of course profit is their first priority, they are a business and bills need to be paid by employees. Not to mention the loans/investments that made developing this title possible need to be repaid (with interest of course). Making games that people (want to) play and keeps people spending money on the game is what keeps the cash flowing, so HR is motivated to expand the game. Not always in the way that the most vocal community members want, there's a huge market for PvE, probably larger then for PvP.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by Asamighost

why would a pve update kill the pvp that is already in game?

I agree.  I don't see the connection.

I self identify as a monkey.