Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ffa pvp server maybe?

BandenBanden Member Posts: 83

Ok so Prime battle for Dominus has quite a lot of aspects that appeal to me, it is looking extremely interesting. The only game i am more psyched about is Archage.

So the Devsies have stated that they havent considered servers with other game modes than FvFvF. As the little Eve online geek that I am (allthough combat in that game has never appealed to me) I was hoping that they might consider a FFA PVP server. What I am talking about here is a server where the 3 races are at peace and can interact with eachother so that all players are free to join any guild they want and create their own factions. I am not talking about PVP anywhere, the 3 races would have their own sovereign territory where anyone of that race is safe. Make sure you got the bolded part right. ^^

Truth be told I have never tried FvFvF pvp, I suppose because it doesnt immediately appeal to me, who knows i might love it anyway! One thing I like in a game is freeform, not being locked into factions for example has a lot more appeal to me as it provides the players with the opportunity to create their own factions and conflicts.

I dunno if this is possible or makes sense from a lore perspective. Its just a thought. :)

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It would make sense for the human faction. Doesn't sound like it would make sense for the other two factions though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Dude, that is a great idea...and it can always make sense to have ffa amongst factions (within factions).  No matter what, in anything in life, everyone doesn't get along, so...ffa makes sense, they just need a harsh penalty.  I personally like being a clan that dominates everyone, not just other factions. 

Human - FFA makes sense because since our existance we have always been at war with one another

Salent - They were friendly with the rodons until the rodons turned, it would make sense that some of the salent would feel that the turn of the rodons was the fault of the salent

Rodon - Pure evil, they hate everyone...makes sense that a rebellion could start though, the oens that may have friended the Salent.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

dont think they will go the ffa route

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

It would be awesome if they made servers that where like the old EQ Zek servers.  I played on Vallon Zek which was racial pvp, shorties vs darkies vs lighties, and Tallon Zek was ffa loot one item on kill I believe.  Those servers made you actually think before rushing head long into a pvp battle of fear of what could happen if the tides turned against you.  Ah memories!

• BandenBanden Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Raxeon

Well now, its not exactly a route... more like offering an alternative. From what Ihve heard so far, Pitchblacks vision seems to be a gamplay setting where not only FvFvF conflict could thrive but also the ffa player created kind. So why not?

I know they cant cater to everyone, and I wouldnt want that either (we would get shit like what WoW gameplay has turned into) but it seems to me that it would be a relatively simple gamemode to impliment, for an alternative server.

Originally posted by Banden

Well now, its not exactly a route... more like offering an alternative. From what Ihve heard so far, Pitchblacks vision seems to be a gamplay setting where not only FvFvF conflict could thrive but also the ffa player created kind. So why not?
    I know they cant cater to everyone, and I wouldnt want that either (we would get shit like what WoW gameplay has turned into) but it seems to me that it would be a relatively simple gamemode to impliment, for an alternative server.

They have a 'one world' server. Unless they've designed in the idea of multiple servers with different (or even the same) rulesets from the beginning, they'd have to duplicate everything in software and possibly some hardware to have another server with different rules.

They could add an area in the game where FFA PvP is allowed much easier. It wouldn't be the same thing as having an entire server with that ruleset, but it would at least exist.

Originally posted by lizardbones

They have a 'one world' server. Unless they've designed in the idea of multiple servers with different (or even the same) rulesets from the beginning, they'd have to duplicate everything in software and possibly some hardware to have another server with different rules.

They could add an area in the game where FFA PvP is allowed much easier. It wouldn't be the same thing as having an entire server with that ruleset, but it would at least exist.

Ah did not know they had opted for the one world server, that is awesome though. Still a man can dream eh? :)

Originally posted by lizardbones

Ah did not know they had opted for the one world server, that is awesome though. Still a man can dream eh? :)

There is no telling where they'll end up with the game. It could be FFA PvP right now, and it just wasn't obvious from what I've read, or there could already be FFA PvP objectives in the game.

The game is faction based, so I see the main game being not FFA. Makes it hard for your faction to progress if the faction members spend all their time killing each other. That doesn't mean there can't be FFA things in the game though.

• JostleJostle Member Posts: 63

As of right now, the game will launch with one server rule set, Faction vs. Faction vs. Faction. There are no current plans for FFA servers.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Jostle

As of right now, the game will launch with one server rule set, Faction vs. Faction vs. Faction. There are no current plans for FFA servers.

Piggy backing on what jos said, I asked that question in a live chat...I'd be shocked to see them ever have a ffa server, they are very big on faction integrity.  Still...the game does look really good, I'd recommend all to give this one a whirl.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• MurahMurah Member UncommonPosts: 41

I'm super excited to finally have a new pvp game with 3 factions.  So far they've made it clear there's just going to be one ruleset.  There will be plenty of people to kill without turning on my own faction.  I understand everyone wants different things, maybe gw2 will satisfy the op?

Originally posted by Murah

I'm super excited to finally have a new pvp game with 3 factions.  So far they've made it clear there's just going to be one ruleset.  There will be plenty of people to kill without turning on my own faction.  I understand everyone wants different things, maybe gw2 will satisfy the op?

Lol, I sincerly doubt that. There are not a lot of games around that really offer the kind of open world territorial warfare aswell as the ability to build bases/castles in said territories . I havent checked but as far as ihve heard GW2 wont feature any of this. Eve Online has done it well (shame about the combat) and Im hoping ArchArge will favor this kind of conflict.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Are you people being dumb? FFA is a major turn off for most people. The 3 faction is the major selling point

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

The three factions are a fundiamental concept of this game. There are many FFA games if thats all you're looking for.