Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know how to stop a pre-order on Origin? I dont want SWTOR anymore.

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I selected the 79.99 version of the game off of Origin.

But honestly after a few of my friends in my Rift guild went into detail on how the game was Im not interested in buying it right away and would rather wait until it offers a refer a friend or trial program.

Im not seeing a refund button on Origin, anyone know how or if I could do that?

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

All I know about EA is:

http://support.ea.com/

• Returns and Cancellations

How do I cancel my order?

Purchases that are considered preorders can be cancelled. An order for an item that is in stock or ready to ship cannot be cancelled after it is placed.

If you have placed an order for an item you no longer wish to receive and have already been sent a tracking number, please refuse shipment of the package so it will be returned to our warehouse to be processed as a return.

If you need to cancel your order,Contact Us. You will need an active EA Member account. In order to expedite your request, be sure to include the following important information.

• Platform & Game

• Full Name

• Order Number

• Date Ordered

• Game Ordered

• Phone Number

If you are unable to provide all of the above information, please include a brief explanation so we may better assist you.

Please remember to include your order number for faster service. In some cases, we are unable to cancel an order, as orders are processed immediately upon completion.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

You can also gift-send it to me. But I really prefer a boxed copy and not having to bother with origin if that's not a big deal to you. (Also looks and feels more like a present!).

Thanks.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

THanks guys.

They let me cancel over customer service chat on the website.

Dodged a bullet there... saved myself 80 bucks! heh

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

You're lucky noone read your sig, else they could've called you a troll or call this thread a bait :)

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Nice bro, glad you got your money back.

Anyway for all my fan's lol /jk football season passed a couple weeks back for my kids and Hockey is already gearing up for me (i'm coaching again this year) so probably wont be posting much, had fun though.

I may post here an there if i have any free time (which is doubtful) but I'll guarantee you I'll be back a couple months after launch, no matter which way it goes, Success or Failure.

Later...

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

1. Don't listen to people trashtalking games. Don't listen to trashtalk at all for that matter, it's trashtalk.

2. Always read up on the game before you buy it. Make sure you know what the game offers and if you like what it offers or don't like what it offers.

3. Make sure you didn't find anything about the game that you may not like.

4. Pre-Order/Buy the game or Leave it be.

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by Z3R01

But honestly after a few of my friends in my Rift guild went into detail on how the game was Im not interested in buying it right away and would rather wait until it offers a refer a friend or trial program.

its sad you let your friends talk you into not buying this game :( well. its going to be good just have to wait until the ship blast off:( then again i still have the game on pre order because i read up on it and been keeping eye on.  plus my friend told me the game play and he in beta i also have a couple others in beta even my cuz :O but i have to go to his house to see it. looks cool from what i seen ^_^. well i hope you enjoy what ever game you go to i guess tor is not for you :)

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

The game looks good but I can't buy anything from them after just reading the RPS article on their EULA :

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/24/eas-origin-eula-proves-even-more-sinister/

seriously fracked up. I'm going to miss out on some great games, but not going anywhere near that draconian police-state of a policy.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Actually the more interesting question...what details did they give you that changed your mind? btw heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy does not violate NDA so no insta ban for me!

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

If you bought the game based on the name alone and without doing any research - which you obviously must have, since suddenly other people are so influential and you obviously had no idea what you were doing. Every bit of information you were likely told has been available online for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if your friends were skewing many of the details in order to sway you not to buy it any longer.

• for anyone concerned about TOR's relationship to origin:

StephenReid General Discussion -> EA has crossed the line

Regardless of what other games may choose to do in their integration with Origin's desktop client, here's what our situation is:

You are not required to use the Origin desktop client to download, patch or play the game client for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

This applies whether you purchase The Old Republic via Origin.com or from a retailer in boxed form. You will not be forced to install the Origin desktop client.

There are still various consumer benefits to the client itself, but it's not required for The Old Republic.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

Originally posted by Puremallace

Actually the more interesting question...what details did they give you that changed your mind? btw heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy does not violate NDA so no insta ban for me!

When you take into account this guys fervor against WoW you might be able to guess the reason.

Originally posted by Thekandy

Originally posted by Puremallace

When you take into account this guys fervor against WoW you might be able to guess the reason.

Yet he plays Rift, the closest copy of WoW so far (and still less appealing at that).

• Wait, someone that's playing RIFT that is Anti-WoW??

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

I think its a given that his Rift guild friends would of course try and talk him out of SW:TOR in anyway possible.

Lets face it Rift is gonna take a major hit when GW2, Diablo III and SW:tor come out. Don't get me wrong I'm subscribed to Rift currently but seriously it doesn't in my opinion offer anything particularlly interesting to keep me from moving on, and i think many guilds in Rift see SW:Tor and GW as a very real threat to Rift

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Originally posted by huskie77

The game looks good but I can't buy anything from them after just reading the RPS article on their EULA :

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/24/eas-origin-eula-proves-even-more-sinister/

seriously fracked up. I'm going to miss out on some great games, but not going anywhere near that draconian police-state of a policy.

That sucks

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by winter

I think its a given that his Rift guild friends would of course try and talk him out of SW:TOR in anyway possible.

What?

Most biased conclusion I've witnessed for a good while

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Originally posted by huskie77

That sucks

This is offtopic and is already being discussed here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/325123/page/1

Originally posted by winter

Lets face it Rift is gonna take a major hit when GW2, Diablo III and SW:tor come out. Don't get me wrong I'm subscribed to Rift currently but seriously it doesn't in my opinion offer anything particularlly interesting to keep me from moving on, and i think many guilds in Rift see SW:Tor and GW as a very real threat to Rift

SWToR, GW2, and Diablo 3 are going to take hits from SWToR, GW2, and Diablo 3 when they launch. Over hype does not even begin to put into words.

• Tensor25Tensor25 Member Posts: 70

Oh I get it, this is another one of these "Look at me I need attention. i need to show everyone that i am cancelling my order just so everyone will think that i am so underground and i go against the grain and that i won't be doing something that the majority of people are doing" threads.

you couldn't figure out how to cancel on the origin site? give me a break. ever heard of customer support? or an FAQ? these things are set up so a chimp with a blind fold could cancel.

congrats on your cancellation bro. you're number 1.  

Originally posted by Tensor25

Oh I get it, this is another one of these "Look at me I need attention. i need to show everyone that i am cancelling my order just so everyone will think that i am so underground and i go against the grain and that i won't be doing something that the majority of people are doing" threads.

you couldn't figure out how to cancel on the origin site? give me a break. ever heard of customer support? or an FAQ? these things are set up so a chimp with a blind fold could cancel.

congrats on your cancellation bro. you're number 1.  

+1

This is the gist of it. Anyone who seriously wanted to cancel and not make a scene, would have done what he did and called Customer Service from the beginning.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Their costumer service.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by shinobi234

Originally posted by Z3R01

its sad you let your friends talk you into not buying this game :( well. its going to be good just have to wait until the ship blast off:( then again i still have the game on pre order because i read up on it and been keeping eye on.  plus my friend told me the game play and he in beta i also have a couple others in beta even my cuz :O but i have to go to his house to see it. looks cool from what i seen ^_^. well i hope you enjoy what ever game you go to i guess tor is not for you :)

Whats sadder is I bet there a million or more folks who have lost real life guild or E-Friends as a result of moving on to that "new shinier" MMO.  I know myself am one of them.  I lost an entire guilds worth of friends when I moved from DAoC to WoW and again from WoW to Rift.

Friends dont friends drive crappy games.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Gajari

+1

This is the gist of it. Anyone who seriously wanted to cancel and not make a scene, would have done what he did and called Customer Service from the beginning.

orrrrrrrrrrr he had a legitimate question...putting the part about the Rift guild thing on a SWToR forum is like attracting flies to shit, but I think it was a honest question