Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do we get this shit?

ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

While asia gets an awesome Transformers MMO..

Now, i know we havent seen ANYTHING of this game yet, but its gonna be a browser game and thats a good enough reason for me too call it shit, and its being made by jagex? i dont know alot about those guys, all i know is they made Runescape so i dont have high hopes for this game at all. I guess i should wait and see first before i judge it too harshly. But i cant remember ever playing a Browser game that was any good (besides some small games, but an MMO? lol)

The other Transformers MMO looks so awesome, like War for Cybertron but on a much larger scale. Why cant we have that?!

Currently Playing Path of Exile

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

I don't know about you but some of the newer browser based games I've seen recently actually look pretty good. Maybe you should wait until you've actually seen anything from it before you call it a piece of shit. And Runescape is a pretty good and expansive game considering its 10 years old.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Yes i know i might have jumped on the gun abit, but i still think a .exe game would be ALOT better. But you are right, i shouldnt call it a piece of shit without knowing anything about it. But i still have my doubts this is gonna be any good. The other Transformers MMO looks pretty good tough.

Mostly my problem is that because jagex has the rights to Transformers in EU/US or whatever i doubt we will see the Asian version here =/

That game looks really good and i wanna play it, but im kinda being forced too play this one it seems like.

Edit: Also, could you give me a link or two to some good browser based games? Maybe that will help abit and get my hopes up some.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Proson

Edit: Also, could you give me a link or two to some good browser based games? Maybe that will help abit and get my hopes up some.

BGO gamespace: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/538

Pirate Galaxy gamespace: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/411

Nadirim gamespace: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/567

Ministry of War gamespace: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/551

Some examples of browser based MMOs that are atleast worth trying. It might not be the next best thing since sliced bread but its atleast proof that browser based MMOs have advanced in FX and gameplay along with client based MMO technology.

Among those 4, BGO uses the unity engine and you`ll be able to see that the graphics there look even better than the FX in many asian grinders. The other 3 arent bad on the eyes either, each having its own distinct art style, makes it good for comparism to other client based games atleast in the aesthetic factor of MMOs.

Well, imo those games look really crappy and i wouldnt play them. I want a good ole .exe game but whatever, i doubt anyone would actually create a Transformers MMO i would bother playing for more then a few months. Atleast not with everything trying to be like WoW these days.

But id rather play the chinese version then this lame web browser game.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

The other Transformers MMO looks so awesome, like War for Cybertron but on a much larger scale. Why cant we have that?!

What is this awesome Transformers MMO?

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

Now, i know we havent seen ANYTHING of this game yet, but its gonna be a browser game and thats a good enough reason for me too call it shit, and its being made by jagex? i dont know alot about those guys, all i know is they made Runescape so i dont have high hopes for this game at all. I guess i should wait and see first before i judge it too harshly. But i cant remember ever playing a Browser game that was any good (besides some small games, but an MMO? lol)

Proson....I gotta admit.....I laughed so hard at the title of this thread. You are right....why do we get this??? 3 movies, new animated series and a all new toy series and we don't get a Transformers MMO. What's wrong with this picture? 

I wish a company would just heavily support the multiplayer aspect of The War for Cybertron or Dark of the moon. They are not too far off. Those are pretty decent games.

• SCZekeSCZeke Member UncommonPosts: 23

Jagex have made Runescape one of the richest games I've played in terms of in game lore. It looks a simple game on the surface, but the lore is incredible, the quests are real stories. They are relentless in terms of bringing out new updates, quests and so on. Personally I think Jagex is a fantastic company to run a game, if you want a company doing it that actually cares about their product and their players.

And yes I actually feel strongly enough about this that I made my forum account just to write this post.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Man browser games are getting quite good these days.. Sure they wont ever match the quality of a client based game, but it doesnt automatically make them crap..

Ive played several browser games that feel more responsive and faster then some client games.. And they look halfway decent..

I would LOVE to see Runescape 2 in the Unity engine :):)

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

I am really looking forward to this game and I was part of an online TF rp community years ago which was and is very active today. Botcon is alive and well and their are plenty of geeks who want to play any 3D TF mmorpg. Jagex knows their audience half of which use BSDs or Linix possibly some Unix varient OS which WILL be able to run this game. The Graphics look amazing and let me just point out that it doesnt have to be all in JAVA anymore to run off the Browser. Who knows it could be running alot of python, maybe Ruby, but it wont be slow.  Also the TF online rp world is like a little Communist communty run by dictators who all want to rp galvatron and make everyone else be medics and little cars.  So this game will empty out the online Transformers Mush and Mud commutites very quickly.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

ROFL!  Browser game.  Runescape with Transformers.  Just what I needed to feel complete.

Originally posted by Jeduthun

Jagex have made Runescape one of the richest games I've played in terms of in game lore. It looks a simple game on the surface, but the lore is incredible, the quests are real stories. They are relentless in terms of bringing out new updates, quests and so on. Personally I think Jagex is a fantastic company to run a game, if you want a company doing it that actually cares about their product and their players.

And yes I actually feel strongly enough about this that I made my forum account just to write this post.

What you are saying might be true, i dont have anything against jagex or runescape. But what if they took all that, made a rich world with incredible lore, quests with real stories, bring out loads of updates and all that good stuff you mention and put that in with a Client based game, with a really good engine, dont you agree that would be ALOT better?

I can't belive some people here in this thread is actually supporting the idea of a browser based Transformers MMO.. Browser based gamess will suck compared to Client based games for atleast another 5-10 years until systems like On Live starts working properly and we can just stream games in the browser.

But hey, atleast it makes me abit happy when i think about that a Client based Transformers MMO would prolly suck too, because they would wanna mass appeal that shit and it would most likley end up being WoW with Transformers, like most games are today just trying to copy WoW's Success. But it would still 20x better then a Browser based one.

Originally posted by nachofoot

What is this awesome Transformers MMO?

Not sure it will be awesome, but atleast it is client based and it will be third person shooter much like War for Cybertron games afaik only in MMO form, atleast thats what i heard. But it is for china ONLY. so were all out of luck and stuck with this lame browser based one.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2011/07/chinajoy-2011-transformers-online.html

here are some screenshots if you scroll down abit, looks pretty good imo.

• DeadsummerDeadsummer Member Posts: 2

I wonder what they maps will be like. Urban cities or forests? And the mobs.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Deadsummer

I wonder what they maps will be like. Urban cities or forests? And the mobs.

Hope to hear something soon from these guys

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

I agree, can't stand browser games and their graphics, much less Jagex.

The closest fun mmo I played to transformers design was Exteel. But this was a long time ago, wouldn't play it today. Looking forward to more info on this game.

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by Jeduthun

Runescape lore is basically pop culture references and extremely cheesy lines.