Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deus EX: HR is so good i played through an earthquake.

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yeah the game is very good.

TOday here in NYC we had a nice little 5.9 earthquake for a few seconds. my PC chair bounced around and all i could think about was sneaking passed some thugs on my way to save some hostages.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Lucky you (for being able to play Deus Ex I mean, not for having to experience an earthquake). I don't get to play it until the 26th and that's the day before an exam. Oh fate, why must thou be so cruel? ):

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

I'm kinda disappointed with it, in that it does the same cheesy thing so many other shooters do. You have limited ammo. Everyone else has infinite ammo.  You loot body after killing them, and your reward.  1 to 3 bullets.  I got to the first boss fight and started laughing so hard I had to turn the game off, after about 5 mins of running away from him.  While he continued to spray bullets and throw grenades.  Not picking up 1 bullet or 1 grenade, but tossing them and shooting them like they are going out of style.  Seriously though is he pulling them out of his ass or some mystic 4th dimension?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by Roin

I'm kinda disappointed with it, in that it does the same cheesy thing so many other shooters do. You have limited ammo. Everyone else has infinite ammo.  You loot body after killing them, and your reward.  1 to 3 bullets.  I got to the first boss fight and started laughing so hard I had to turn the game off, after about 5 mins of running away from him.  While he continued to spray bullets and throw grenades.  Not picking up 1 bullet or 1 grenade, but tossing them and shooting them like they are going out of style.  Seriously though is he pulling them out of his ass or some mystic 4th dimension?

I wouldnt know im going the pacifist route.

Trying not to kill anyone (outside bosses obviously) for the achievement.

Thats the best part of the whole thing, im playing it like a pure stealth action game. 

Already got some great augments.

So for me, so far the game is perfect.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Z3R01
    TOday here in NYC we had a nice little 5.9 earthquake for a few seconds. my PC chair bounced around and all i could think about was sneaking passed some thugs on my way to save some hostages.

I'm in Pa. myself, felt it, but barely. People out in the world, or the west coast have -real- earthquakes, this was just a tiny little fart of a thing. Slow media day so they're making all the fuss they can of it, but otherwise...

Originally posted by saker

I'm in Pa. myself, felt it, but barely. People out in the world, or the west coast have -real- earthquakes, this was just a tiny little fart of a thing. Slow media day so they're making all the fuss they can of it, but otherwise...

Basically. 

I was playing my game, it released in my area at 3am yesterday.

I was still awake the next day playing, when that little rumble hit i thought it was just me because i've yet to sleep.

Yes the game is that good. It goes right up there with the first game imo.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I'm having a good time myself with the game got the Augmented Version for PC, it plays sorta like a Bioware Story game (story is compelling and engaging) lots of side quests and interactivity, plays like a RPG along with upgrades and mods to weapons and augmentations to your body, the hacking minigames is addictive, just took a break for dinner even though I wanted to eat 3 hours ago I couldn't exit the game when that happens between a game and myself it was definetely worth buying :) I highly recommend this game , there is no one way to complete a mission, the aethestics are wonderful reminds me of being in a Blade Runner film. I just can't express my praise for this game, make your own decision. You won't regret it !!! :D

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

lol the east are nubs... no one in the west even wakes up for a 5.9.....

Originally posted by ray12k

lol the east are nubs... no one in the west even wakes up for a 5.9.....

I was laughing today at all the media coverage. 

One women was like "I thought i was going to die!!!!"

Anyway... back on topic.

Deus Ex.. buy it.

90% on metacritic so far.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

We will when the bloody thing is released =P

Originally posted by Xexv

We will when the bloody thing is released =P

I dont understand the 4 day delay on EU release dude.

My suggestion? Check out E.Y.E on steam, Its what the IW should have been.

• mmorpgbrommorpgbro Member Posts: 77

This whole post doesn't make sense.

Sounds like carebear crys to me, "i have limited ammo" "npcs have unlimitted ammo"  "you can loot bodies" (LOL WUT?, what's wrong with that), "the boss fight was too hard" (one of the most EZ mode boss fights in the history of gaming, even in hardcore mode)

The only bad thing about this game is the fact that you can't kill the bosses in a stealthy way.

Seriously, if you are playing this game like if it was a shooter, you are doing it wrong.

What you call cheesy are the main features of the game and what makes it great, maybe you should play more simplified shooters like Call Of Duty where you don't have to worry about ammo, inventory, looting corpses or anything.

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

good stuff played 15hour straight. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Glad to hear people are liking it, i've been waiting for this one for quite a while. Still gotta wait though, it doesn't release here until Friday :/

Anyone trying to get the ghost bonus xp?

No, wait, even better.

Ghost bonus xp + silent takedown on EVERY hostile npc.

Im an XP junkie, i hack terminals even when i have the password just for the xp!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by mmorpgbro

Sounds like carebear crys to me, "i have limited ammo" "npcs have unlimitted ammo"  "you can loot bodies" (LOL WUT?, what's wrong with that), "the boss fight was too hard" (one of the most EZ mode boss fights in the history of gaming, even in hardcore mode)

The only bad thing about this game is the fact that you can't kill the bosses in a stealthy way.

Seriously, if you are playing this game like if it was a shooter, you are doing it wrong.

What you call cheesy are the main features of the game and what makes it great, maybe you should play more simplified shooters like Call Of Duty where you don't have to worry about ammo, inventory, looting corpses or anything.

Maybe you should learn how to read. Your post is the one that doesn't make sense.  The only thing you are doing is making alot of assumptions that are making you look like an ass.  Where did I say the boss fight was hard? The parts I highlighted in red makes me seriously doubt you read what I posted at all. I'm mean seriously where did you read in my post I was playing the game like a shooter?

"Unlimited Ammo" is a feature now? No, it's a poor mechanic to get around piss poor AI that's been around since the earliest first person shooters.  It's no different then putting a boss in any kind of game.  You don't make it smarter, you just give it more Hit Points, and make it's damage above normal.

I said I was disappointed in the game, not that it was a bad game.  So please step back take a deep breath, and stop getting so butt hurt over it.  I was just expecting better AI, then what is currently available in just about every FPS since the days of Wolfenstein 3D.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Maybe you should learn how to read. Your post is the one that doesn't make sense.  The only thing you are doing is making alot of assumptions that are making you look like an ass.  Where did I say the boss fight was hard? The parts I highlighted in red makes me seriously doubt you read what I posted at all. I'm mean seriously where did you read in my post I was playing the game like a shooter?

"Unlimited Ammo" is a feature now? No, it's a poor mechanic to get around piss poor AI that's been around since the earliest first person shooters.  It's no different then putting a boss in any kind of game.  You don't make it smarter, you just give it more Hit Points, and make it's damage above normal.

I said I was disappointed in the game, not that it was a bad game.  So please step back take a deep breath, and stop getting so butt hurt over it.  I was just expecting better AI, then what is currently available in just about every FPS since the days of Wolfenstein 3D.

I don't think so, Tim, the AI is miles ahead of any other recent or old shooter.

In this game, you can't cover, wait till your health regens and go rambo, the enemies actually try to flank you.

And they are constantly moving before you engage in combat with them, i don't know what more could you ask.

Unlimited Ammo for npcs is a mechanic present in 99.99 of every fps ever made.

No, wait, even better.

Im an XP junkie, i hack terminals even when i have the password just for the xp!

IM going for ghost every misson and not actually killing anyone outside bosses.

In my opinion the only reason this game isnt perfect is due to the boss fights. 

I hope they release an enhanced edition with new content and revamped bosses that actually give you a choice in how to deal with them

Other than that and this is the best game to release in a long time.

I don't think its fair that we give the guy crap for playing aggresively in a game that lets you play the way you want.

What we should be doing is asking why he's such a bad player and cant kill people without unloding an entire clip at them and why he lacks basic exploration skills to find more ammo while hes going through the game.

I was just expecting better AI, then what is currently available in just about every FPS since the days of Wolfenstein 3D.

Deus Ex is an Rpg.

If we're going to let Fallout 3 slide for its average run and gun gameplay and simple AI we should do it for HR also.

Edit: im sorry i dont know how to multi-quote on these forums.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Looking forward to this game, there are 1 or 2 more coming soon too. :)

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I'm an old school, long time, die-hard PC gamer, and I hold the original Deus Ex in very high regard. Hell I still spin the thing up occasionally. I of course was sorely disappointed in Invisible War, and have been waiting for this game expectantly and praying that it might even begin to live up to the original. So far from what I am hearing and seeing I think that my prayers may be answered. Unfortuantely Amazon screwed up my order and not only didn't I get my release day shipping, but it was delayed long enough so that I probably won't see it until this weekend... I hope this lives up to the reviews it's getting. 

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Waiting for christmas sale.

Originally posted by Darkholme

I'm an old school, long time, die-hard PC gamer, and I hold the original Deus Ex in very high regard. Hell I still spin the thing up occasionally. I of course was sorely disappointed in Invisible War, and have been waiting for this game expectantly and praying that it might even begin to live up to the original. So far from what I am hearing and seeing I think that my prayers may be answered. Unfortuantely Amazon screwed up my order and not only didn't I get my release day shipping, but it was delayed long enough so that I probably won't see it until this weekend... I hope this lives up to the reviews it's getting. 

It comes close.

I'm enjoying it, sadly games like the original Deus Ex & Vtm: Bloodlines arent made anymore.

Honestly I dont know if you'll be disappointed or not. out fo all the reviews there was this one critic that basically stacked the game up to the original feature for feature. Nostalgia glasses on and everything. 

He's the only reviewer to give the game a 7. If you're that critical of it and expect a better experience than the first this game may upset you.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

the only thing that would lead me to take points away from a perfect score are the poorly designed characters that you have to observe as they twitch, spaz and writhe during some dialogues. besides that, the game is a masterpiece. makes me feel like im in the Ghost in the Shell universe.

i have no idea why they rushed some of the character models like that....

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

No, wait, even better.

I am got the ghost achievement and have been keeping to stealth and stun takedowns so far, saving my ammos and guns towards the end. So far I'm still pretty damn impressed with the game lots to explore and do :)