Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Customer Service Experience with Funcom [Mod Edit]

TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

SO, I heard Funcom decided to make Age of Conan F2P. I decided to try it out for my self. Now...having had major issues with Anarchy Online when it first came out(unable to play do to memory leaks and CTDs) I thought for sure they would have taken the lessons they learned back then and fixed their Customer Service as well, but they didn't SAME OLD FUNCOM

I am extremely pissed off.  I downloaded the game...I can log into the website....but I can't log into the game. SO I sent them support mail asking for help. 2 weeks later I get a customer service survey with out any help what so ever!!! Nothing from them at all.

SO I won't be playing anything from funcom........EVER!

[Mod Edit]

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Their live chat is probably best help you can get. A lot of friends I know in game had the best help/success with the live tech support.

This might help your memory issue. I doubt you care anymore, but for anyone else.

Increased Memory Usage on 64 bit systems - SOLUTION

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=167527

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

I don't have any memory issues....I just can't log into the game. AT ALL. and your right I don't care anymore.

After some proding by FunCom I talked with an Admin who resolved my issue. Props to Funcom and the support guy for sticking with the issue even when I was ready to give it up. Still think 3 weeks is a little long. but better late than never I guess.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Tivian

After some proding by FunCom I talked with an Admin who resolved my issue. Props to Funcom and the support guy for sticking with the issue even when I was ready to give it up. Still think 3 weeks is a little long. but better late than never I guess.

Nice, i hope you enjoy the game like I'm enjoying! they have lots of new content comming too!

• GwingGwing Member Posts: 85

guild wars is the worst customer support ever and game security to boot...wont be playign any of there games any time soon

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

If you had done what the first reply suggested you would have had it solved instantly. Not making excuses for them not replying to the email properly but just pointing out that their help via the live chat is excellent.

What did it turn out to be, wrong password? The game pass is different than the account pass in AoC.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, 3 days would be fine, a week acceptable but any more is bad.

For some reason do most MMO customer servics suck badly, 15 bucks a month or not. I guess the customer services gets clogged up with people deleting characters and wanting them back (this is for some reason very common with people who constantly quit and start playing Wow again) but that is not a good excuse.

It is indded a sad time when SOEs customer services is one of the best. I am glad I just need to contact support once every other year or so.

Not sure what the issue was. They had me change the password install and .xml file and then run the setuppatch.exe. Wait 5 min then run. 

I am enjoying the game. it looks beautiful for being a 5-6 year old game.

I am actually thinking about becoming a premium member

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Originally posted by Loke666

Yeah, 3 days would be fine, a week acceptable but any more is bad.

For some reason do most MMO customer servics suck badly, 15 bucks a month or not. I guess the customer services gets clogged up with people deleting characters and wanting them back (this is for some reason very common with people who constantly quit and start playing Wow again) but that is not a good excuse.

It is indded a sad time when SOEs customer services is one of the best. I am glad I just need to contact support once every other year or so.

Of all the games Ive played seriously

Shadowbane, DAOC, SWG, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, RIFT

I had problems in DAOC and in WoW.

Mythics policy regarding restoring your account after a compromise was completely half assed and unprofessional. 

I played WoW the longest and while I no longer play, everytime I dealth with customer service, it was professional, friendly and swift. The only problem I have had with Bliz regarding their customer service support--is the hold times. 45 mins+ is a bit much. Ear cramps are srs!

So while I can't comment on how good or bad SOE's customer service is, I would have a hard time believing its better than Bliz. What is the name of their company now? I can't keep track.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Funcoms customer service is terrible. I had an issue with being charged for content I didnt buy for the game Bloodline Champions. I contacted there customer service twice over a 2 week period. I got no response other then emails wanting we to rate there customer service. I finally gave up and deleted my CC from funcom.

The thing that worries me, if they cant handle the customer service department now, how do they expect to get a handle it when they release The Secret World and thats a game I am looking forward to. But if the CS stays the same, I'll be reluctant to buy the game because of my past issue  I am sure many others feel the same as I have seen other complaints on these forums about funcom for similar issues.

Now I am having issues with my machine Hard Locking during game play. I have to reboot because Ctr-alt-delete doesn't work. can't alt-tab either. 

I get about 5 min game play and then the machine locks up.

Any one have any suggestions? I have been in email with Tech Support from fun com but I get the feeling that they don't know whats wrong either. I have seen other players in the past with the same issue.

Any help would be welcome. I would really like to subscribe to this game...but not under these conditions.

I have tried it in Dx 9 and Dx 10 and I get the same thing. It just started recently. I have even uninstalled the game and then reinstalled. All drivers are up to date.

thanks 

Tiv

Tivian, computer specs would help greatly in trying to help you with your issue.

• Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188

Did you subscribe to the game?  I am not sure what the terms of F2P for AoC are, but majority of the F2P games (I remember Lotro and Champions Online) list customers support as only available for those who pay subscription fee.

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

Originally posted by Falcomith

Funcoms customer service is terrible. I had an issue with being charged for content I didnt buy for the game Bloodline Champions. I contacted there customer service twice over a 2 week period. I got no response other then emails wanting we to rate there customer service. I finally gave up and deleted my CC from funcom.

If your credit card gets charged for a purchase you didnt make, you use the phone you do not depend on e-mails.

I personally only deal with CS departments over the phone(in game issues I use a GM ticket) and as far as Funcom goes, one time in AO years ago and they were fine.

I have played many MMoRPGs over the past dozen years and only had to call CS a handfull of times and never had a single problem, and that includes Sony, sometimes I wonder what the real truth is behind many of these CS complaints I see in these boards.

Godz of War I call Thee

Now I am having issues with my machine Hard Locking during game play. I have to reboot because Ctr-alt-delete doesn't work. can't alt-tab either. 

Sounds like your PC is over heating. You blown out the dust in your video card and cpu heat sink? That seems to be a common cause for lock up doing a quick search. Probably can help you more if you posted computer specs.

Sevenwind, It's not an over heating issue. my machine works fine on other games. I only have this issue with AoC.

Specs: win 7 ultimate AMD  Athlon Dual Core 2.8 Ghz 4.gig Mem.  Nvidia 9800gt

UPDATE: I found that when I go to White Sands Island my machine hard locks. I have sent mail to Fun Com Tech Support. Hope to hear back from them.  I have had no hard Locks when I am on the main land. Found this out when I finished the quest line there. and was sent back to get crock skins. the min I showed up on the island my machine hard locked. Rebooted and then killed 4 crocs another hard lock. saw the same thing happening to 2 other players...or atleast I believe it happend to them.

Well after 4 days of email between me and the GM I have been told that there is nothing that they can do. SO lets do the tally shall we? 3 weeks of not being able to log in. 1 week of trying to play...loving the game of what little I have played...and typical FunCom Fail at programing! EPIC FAIL!

I don't recomend  any game by funcom!!! EVER!!! Should have learned my lesson with Anarchy Online. I am just glad I didn't pay for  a subscription.