Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character creation problem

I just got DAoC today and attempted to create a character. But during the creation process (where you select facial features and hair), I cannot see the character! That means I can't pick the hair or face! If anyone can send me screencaps of what each of the hair colors and faces are, that'd be awesome - or, if someone can tell me how to see my character!

Comments

• HairfootHairfoot Member Posts: 21
    That really weird, I just created a character a few days ago and it worked fine.  You may need to upgrade your system, but DAoC is so old I doubt thats the problem.

• NeomanNeoman Member Posts: 8

I don't think it's my system (1.6gig Pentium 4, 512mb RAM, 32mb nVidia TNT2 Riva), though my graphics card may have something to do with it. Once I actually get into the game it works fine (a little slow, but that's just my res setting).

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

nah, i run on 32 mb integrated graphics and everything works fine. the rest of ur system is ok, so i dunno wut the problem is, u cood appeal, just make a character without knowing wut it looks like and type /appeal

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• NeomanNeoman Member Posts: 8

Well, I e-mailed customer support and they told me it's my graphics card. Apparently, not just ANY "3D acceleration card w/ 32mb video" is compatible, and mine is one of the lucky few that is NOT compatible (even though it IS a 32mb nVidia card). Yet again, another misleading on-box requirement spec...

Oh, but the game plays fine when you get in.

P.S. - If anyone can look in to the kindness of their hearts to either, A.) Donate a compatible card (yea, right) or, B.) Make me a visual guide to character creation (I can't get short brown hair with side-burns and a soul-patch!), I'd be eternally grateful.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

theres not too much to see. unless u only choose race for looks. u cood try reinstalling it maybe.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276
    Try updating  graphics drivers (again if  done recently) Sometimes i got a fault that i couldnt delete a char etc  and  strangley it was fixed by  new drivers etc .

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

I agree with getting updated drivers.  This cures a lot of problems.  When I first got DAOC, I couldn't see my paper doll in game - just a bunch of messy pixels.  I updated drivers and it worked fine.  So it could be that your drivers are protesting whatever set up is on the creation screen. 

Of course, installing new drivers might make the problem worse!  So, make sure you save your old configuration and drivers so you can restore them if necessary.