Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR has some of the best graphics for an MMO out there

keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

After watching the latest videos, I am convinced that Bioware has improved the environments 100% from just a year ago, including the animations. When I watch the first 30-45 seconds of the video below and focus on the environments, there is not one game out there that matches it in my opinion. Very detailed and perfect for the Star Wars Universe we are looking for.  I'm not talking about the game play which I think has to show case two of the worst players in MMO history lol, just the enviroments. Now I haven't tried FInal Fantasy because I knew what a disaster that was going to be, but even if the artistry is not your thing the ambiance they have created is top notch...especially considering this is not the final build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRnXws_37xs&hd=1

Updated:

This video is easier on the eyes because a turd isn't playing it lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMbI30KKJ0

Updated with another long video showing the excellent graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMbI30KKJ0

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Yet another one who is confuced and don't know the difference between grahics and artstyle.

But it do looks nice.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

I would agree.  There is a new level of polish in the videos.  We've only seen a very small amount of content though.  I won't be excited until the NDA comes down and people can freely talk about and post their own videos/screenshots of the game.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Yet another one who is confuced and don't know the difference between grahics and artstyle.

Get a grip.  There should be a -1 button here for wasting our time.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

Originally posted by HurricanePip

I would agree.  There is a new level of polish in the videos.  We've only seen a very small amount of content though.  I won't be excited until the NDA comes down and people can freely talk about and post their own videos/screenshots of the game.

Get a grip.  There should be a -1 button here for wasting our time.

Yep doing drunk writing so yeah i need to get a grip :D

• DromundDromund Member Posts: 17

Graphics and artstyle are 2 different things.

But it do looks nice.

OP never mentioned Artstyle...just you.

You seem confused.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I could show you some WoW screenshots that you wouldn't believe...

Point?  Gotta see the real game, how it really plays, and see if they made EVERYTHING good.  Rather than just a few select areas for use in promotions.

Originally posted by Dromund

Graphics and artstyle are 2 different things.

But it do looks nice.

OP never mentioned Artstyle...just you.

You seem confused.

No he didnt, he mentioned graphics hence there is graphics and there is artstyle and people tends to mix them up.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by Painlezz

I could show you some WoW screenshots that you wouldn't believe...

Point?  Gotta see the real game, how it really plays, and see if they made EVERYTHING good.  Rather than just a few select areas for use in promotions.

Let's see them. Here's two while I wait.

imageimage

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Why is it always that the guys playing in those videos are total noobs without any ability to neither neither their charater nor the ingame camera?

Originally posted by VoIgore

Why is it always that the guys playing in those videos are total noobs without any ability to neither neither their charater nor the ingame camera?

They talk more than playing?

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

It might be a toss up between TOR and AOC.  AOC maxed looks pretty good.  I think fully maxed I was getting about 30 fps in AOC.  Not sure on that, it's been a few months since I played it.  It will be interesting to see how well TOR runs fully maxed, and what fps I will be getting.  I'm probably buying a new computer 3 to 6 months after launch, assuming the game is really good.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I agree a little bit with the OP. I think the graphics are pretty good, and probably more importantly for the game's success, look scalable. However, I really don't like the game's art style.

This was also my view for the Clone Wars animated series. I don't understand how Lucasarts or Bioware can think either are appropriate for the Star Wars universe. It seems an affront to anyone who grew up with the original Star Wars.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Despite other shortcomings, FFXIV's graphics are pretty damn awesome. Of course, you also need a computer built by NASA to fully enjoy the eyecandy. As mentioned above, AOC with max settings looks amazing. TOR looks good, but, "best graphics for an MMO out there" I think not.

• rezailrezail Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Terminus-Est

I agree a little bit with the OP. I think the graphics are pretty good, and probably more importantly for the game's success, look scalable. However, I really don't like the game's art style.

This was also my view for the Clone Wars animated series. I don't understand how Lucasarts or Bioware can think either are appropriate for the Star Wars universe. It seems an affront to anyone who grew up with the original Star Wars.

I can see your concern with the style. But if it was real looking then it would look boring, and if it looked like AIon or Tera then it would look very Asian. Also With this style the game will be always in its time and never be out of style because its tooney which is why world of warcraft has lasted as long as it has. Plus the dev team of TOR have already started planning 20 years in advanced which is nuts hoping to add 100+ worlds and what not. So Knowing this i am okay with the style and hope that they just keep ass to the resolution and detail of the game.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by rezail

I can see your concern with the style. But if it was real looking then it would look boring, and if it looked like AIon or Tera then it would look very Asian. Also With this style the game will be always in its time and never be out of style because its tooney which is why world of warcraft has lasted as long as it has. Plus the dev team of TOR have already started planning 20 years in advanced which is nuts hoping to add 100+ worlds and what not. So Knowing this i am okay with the style and hope that they just keep ass to the resolution and detail of the game.

Rezail, you captured my thoughts exactly. Now if this was a single player game my opinion would be very different. For a single player game I demand graphics like the WItcher 2 and Skyrim :-) lol

There Is Always Hope!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Terranah

It might be a toss up between TOR and AOC.  AOC maxed looks pretty good.  I think fully maxed I was getting about 30 fps in AOC.  Not sure on that, it's been a few months since I played it.  It will be interesting to see how well TOR runs fully maxed, and what fps I will be getting.  I'm probably buying a new computer 3 to 6 months after launch, assuming the game is really good.

Why not keep your current PC, not run the game at max.  Then wait for them to release some new better technology. Because you know as soon as you build a new PC.  ATI and Nvidia will go, here goes our new tech.image

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by Zookz1

Despite other shortcomings, FFXIV's graphics are pretty damn awesome. Of course, you also need a computer built by NASA to fully enjoy the eyecandy. As mentioned above, AOC with max settings looks amazing. TOR looks good, but, "best graphics for an MMO out there" I think not.

Oh yeah FF 14 is  great. So great you can't get enough of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9nLBfH44c

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Graphics look alright but count me as another one who doesn't like the art style they used. I wished they would have gone for a Mass Effect look rather than clone wars.

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

Don't agrre thtat it seems an affront to anyone that grew up with the original Star Wars. The art style does not bother me and I was 7 when Star Wars came out.  Also it does not bother anyone else I know that grew up with Star Wars.  Not saying there are not people that grew up with Star Wars that do not like the art but  I am just going by the sample size i can gather,

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• likwidsagelikwidsage Member UncommonPosts: 90

The graphics dont look any better than star trek online imo.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

FFXIV took photoreal approach and TOR took a different approach. Both look awsome.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by Atlan99

Originally posted by Zookz1

Oh yeah FF 14 is  great. So great you can't get enough of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9nLBfH44c

I hope you're just kidding. I said the graphics are good. I didn't say the game was good, or the way they use the graphical capabilities are good.

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Originally posted by likwidsage

roflmfao... yeah... ground combat looks exactly the same.... rofl...

I'm gonna go on a limb and say 1. didn't watch the video in HD or 2. Hasn't played STO or 3. attention whoring.

come on now... I was going to make a troll post playfully but after this...

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

Star Trek Online is an instanced piece of crap and even with that their graphics can't compare.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian

Star Trek Online is an instanced piece of crap and even with that their graphics can't compare.

Well to be fair the character models don't look bad and might even be comparable.

However the environments are not even close. STO ground and planet environments are terrible compared to SWTOR.

Originally posted by Atlan99

Originally posted by keithian

Well to be fair the character models don't look bad and might even be comparable.

However the environments are not even close. STO ground and planet environments are terrible compared to SWTOR.

Totally agree, I was referring to the environments.

There Is Always Hope!