Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!
«1

Comments

  • proponentproponent boston, MAPosts: 92Member

    The guy reviewing is a mook. I tried not to laugh at the ignorance.

  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin SoCal, CAPosts: 3,033Member

    Enjoy?  Ohh my goodness.

     


    Funny how he’s (Omer) so accustom to reviewing mostly 3-class, gender-locked, Asian-like games, for the most-part, that the character creation of Mortal Online had him totally confused, and stammering.


     


     


    Then there’s the abbreviated transcript of his review:


     


     


    “again, not sure. . .again, not sure” “not sure why…not sure why”


     


    “[gibberish, gibberish, gibberish, tongue stumbling, tongue stumbling tongue stumbling]”


     


    “im not sure how to do things, I don’t know, maybe, awesome, click, click, tab, ohhhh”


     


    “Darkfall did a better job, I’m lagging, ahhh corrected itself, stuttering, stuttering, whooaaa, there’s a guy there with an axe”


     


    “im confused, w-a-s-d movement, you can attack players, I don’t know how to unsheathe my weapon, I really, I really, I really wish this game did a better job introducing me to the game”


     


    “I mean, I mean, I mean”


     


     


    At the end of this Game-Play first-look, watching it, watching his experience, how in the world can he conclude that the game has a lot going for it?


     


     


    Omer from mmohut is probably the worst person, aside from someone that hates Mortal Online, to actually attempt to review the game.  He delivers a killer review of a simple and shallow rudimentary online rpg; he doesn’t have to formulate much thought with them.


     


     


    But man-oh-man.

  • nate1980nate1980 Evans, GAPosts: 1,829Member

    I just finished playing for about an hour for the first time. Most of my time spent playing was reading the tutorial tips, so I know how to fight things and so on. So I found his rambling to be hillarious to the point that I had tears coming out of my eyes while laughing.

    When he went to go fight that boar, I died laughing, especially after it raped his dead corpse. Then there was the guy jerking off that donkey, lol.

  • skeith138skeith138 white plains, NYPosts: 176Member

    Originally posted by nate1980

    I just finished playing for about an hour for the first time. Most of my time spent playing was reading the tutorial tips, so I know how to fight things and so on. So I found his rambling to be hillarious to the point that I had tears coming out of my eyes while laughing.

    When he went to go fight that boar, I died laughing, especially after it raped his dead corpse. Then there was the guy jerking off that donkey, lol.

    agree with u there.  he should read some tutorials before giving his first impression to the game

  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon

    That video just shows how Mortal Online still should be in beta. 15 minutes of opening gameplay and you notice so many bugs. They just drop you off in the game with you not knowing nonthing. Also Omar is pretty good at what he does. I watch his first impression videos alot.

    Raptr Gamercard
  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin SoCal, CAPosts: 3,033Member

    Originally posted by Mannish

    Also Omar is pretty good at what he does. I watch his first impression videos alot.

    He is.  I watch alot of his first impression videos; I do enjoy them, really, but this one did no justice for MO.

     

    I'm not a MO fanboi, I do enjoy the games' concept alot, but there are a few game-play mechanics reasons I dont play.

  • infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Omega CityPosts: 185Member

    what a fail vid. the guy complains about no tutorial to to guide ppl yet clearly ignores the H for help button that pops up 1st thing.

  • AsheramAsheram Posts: 1,971Member Uncommon

    Well he does 1st impression videos and I havnt seen him do a tutorial on any game unless the game forced him too.I dont think he wants to spend an hour(which is what nate1980 said was the majority of his 1st hour of play) reading the tutorial,but just wants to give people a chance to see what the graphics look like and how the gameplay is and basic mechanics,sort of like what Ripperx is now doing for mmorpg.com.True he could have done the tutorial before starting the video,maybe it was a user request and he wasnt really interested in MO.

    From what I just saw the starting gameplay hasnt changed much, empty world,not much in the way of wildlife, pigs stuck in funny spots,this one was stuck between a tree and a rock where as mine were riverbed walkers hehe,and last I played was in the open beta stage along time ago. 

    image
  • username509username509 beverly hills, CAPosts: 635Member

    OMFG, This is the Boxxy of MMORPG reviewers.

     

    I want to stick a boot in his mouth.  

    Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

  • osmundaosmunda slidell, LAPosts: 1,087Member

    Did he forget his Ritalin?

    Had he already forgotten "Oh, press H for help. I don't want to do that" when he got to "i'm not really sure how to do things. and this isn't really doing a good job kind of explaining it." ?

    His introduction to MO is entertaining and good for what it is, However, at such a frenetic pace I don;t know how you can do a meaningful review of any game.

  • deathshrouddeathshroud londonPosts: 1,366Member

    he obviously was not the right person to review this sort of game, the most basic of systems in mo had him stumped i think its clear to see hes used to theme park mmos which is fine however he is not suited to reviewing a game outside of his known subject area, for example someone who soley plays rpgs should not be reviewing an fps. someone who soley deals with theme park mmos should not be jumping into the deep end with a complex sandbox mmo and expecting to know what hes doing without reading up on one first. 

    was kinda amusing thoguh especially how he couldnt pronounce quite alot of words that are easily pronounced but its quite possible english isnt his native language i guess.

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeGzM-_BAM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxxFoHKqq0c&feature=relmfu

     

    watch these two tutorial videos first^^

    there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

  • Ravnos80Ravnos80 yukon, OKPosts: 47Member

    Oh man, this guy is terrible. I just watched his review, or whatever you want to call it, of APB: Reloaded. It's terrible, talk about the blind leading the blind...

    He says too many words without actually saying anything productive. Just runs around letting everyone know he has no idea what in the world he's doing.

  • SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Sarnia, ONPosts: 42Member

    Originally posted by Ravnos80

    Oh man, this guy is terrible. I just watched his review, or whatever you want to call it, of APB: Reloaded. It's terrible, talk about the blind leading the blind...

    He says too many words without actually saying anything productive. Just runs around letting everyone know he has no idea what in the world he's doing.

    Yea I know lol, he keeps saying "ok now I'm running around looking for something to fight, i hope theirs something to fight over there, maybe here, no maybe there no, im looking around for something to fight, this game looks good, im looking for something to fight"

    He doesn't stop talking! Very annoying commentator...

  • ToferioToferio RandomPosts: 1,403Member Uncommon

    This video just serves as perfect proof on how userunfriendly the game is. I am sorry to burst some bubbles here, but it is not hardcore to be lost at most basic systems, it is just poor game design. The guy did many reviews on games such as UO, EvE and other "sandboxes", and even if HE feels lost.. guys, you are really fighting a lost war here. Neither was he really that confused at character creation, given that it's a completely different system he figured it out pretty quickly.

    It is rather ignorant to mock him being foncused by the game. when it just clearly shows how badly the game is designed. In a good game you should NOT need to read tutorials BEFORE you even login. A good game should teach you on the go. But sure, continue believing in it all being user fault, if it helps you sleep at night.

    Thou I must admit it is weird he forgot the "press H for help", but none the less game is terrible at new user experince.

  • Ravnos80Ravnos80 yukon, OKPosts: 47Member

    admittedly, I didn't watch the entirity of this video because I can't stand his voice but I did watch more than I wish I had of his video for APB. The guy was lost in there because he didn't pay attention to what was on his screen, he didn't bother to find out what the controls do, he didn't pay attention to anything indicating where he was or what he should be doing. The guy's a spaz. It's like they took his ADD meds away, stuck infront of a new game he's never heard of and told him to ramble for 15min.

    What I did bother to hop thru this video and watch was the exact same thing. Smashing buttons without any idea if they do anything, rambling about what's not happening and just generally being lost because he doesn't pay attention to anything on the screen.

  • jinxxed0jinxxed0 columbia, SCPosts: 838Member

    MMOHut are made of idiots. They are so ignorant with every review/playthrough they do. Its like they never played games let alone MMOs. They just spew misinformation about every game they do, its so annoying.

  • SHOE788SHOE788 Ankeny, IAPosts: 700Member

    Originally posted by Ravnos80

    admittedly, I didn't watch the entirity of this video because I can't stand his voice but I did watch more than I wish I had of his video for APB. The guy was lost in there because he didn't pay attention to what was on his screen, he didn't bother to find out what the controls do, he didn't pay attention to anything indicating where he was or what he should be doing. The guy's a spaz. It's like they took his ADD meds away, stuck infront of a new game he's never heard of and told him to ramble for 15min.

    What I did bother to hop thru this video and watch was the exact same thing. Smashing buttons without any idea if they do anything, rambling about what's not happening and just generally being lost because he doesn't pay attention to anything on the screen.

    That's anyone's reaction to logging in to MO for the first time.

    I guess if you want to play a video game and not read a book it's your fault for not opening the help.

  • raff01raff01 PARISPosts: 453Member

    The guys reviewing obviously is an idiot and hasn't taken his medecine

  • MordragMOMordragMO PdamPosts: 136Member

    I agree, MO is low quality but this guy's review doesn't put him in any position to judge.

  • raff01raff01 PARISPosts: 453Member

    Still, the written review is pretty spot on, some lines absolutely cracked me up :

     

    I tried to rest.  There was a skill in my skill book that allowed me to sleep.  Using this skill, my screen went black, and the combat log frequently told me that I was recovering my strength.  Meanwhile, my HP bar remained static.  I also noticed that my “rest” skill was steadily going up as I rested.  That’s right, Mortal Online is so realistic, that people get better at resting the more they rest.  I can certainly appreciate that, given that compared to myself ten years ago, I am now a total pro when it comes to sleeping.  Any professional sleeper can tell you that practice makes perfect.

     

    Also the conclusion was pretty good :

     

    Mortal Online is troubled by a clunky, glitchy UI, a sparse population, a terrible starting experience, and a frankly un-fun design, in my opinion.  If a PVP-centric, first-person glitchfest is up your alley, by all means, have a go at it.  As of July of 2011, the game is still buggy, and many features (such as housing, hunger, etc.) are not functional, or functioning improperly.  The game would be much better if it at least TRIED to make itself fun in the first hour of play, but the newbie experience is so confusing and half-assed, few people are going to have the patience to stick around – and people are what make an MMORPG work.

  • osmundaosmunda slidell, LAPosts: 1,087Member

    @ raff:

    No argument. MO does have a rough introduction.  That being said, I don't get the feeling he played much  more than he recorded.  I'm not even entirely sure he went back and hit "H"

    I found a rabbit, and chased the terrified creature through the woods for a good five minutes, desperately, pathetically hacking at the air, trying to kill it.  After finally giving up on this, I looked up to find myself lost in the woods, with a wolf nearby.  Of course, this would be like any other MMORPG, in which wolves are newbie-food, and thus easy prey for me!  I moved in to attack the wolf, only to be overwhelmed and torn apart.

     I went to the nearest tree, and tried to use my “harvest” skill, the same one the weird, poorly-translated NPC told me to use on trees to get wood.  It didn’t work.  I tried many other trees to no avail.  I tried… attacking the trees.  Nothing.  After running around a bit more, I finally gave up, and decided to leave Mortal Online to those far more dedicated than I.

     

    Attacking rabbits and harvesting wood are far from being complicated in the game.

    P.s. How would he even know if housing is working properly ?  Was he expecting to walk into someone else's house?

  • kakasakikakasaki Lockhart, TXPosts: 1,205Member

    He does a good job of highlighting how new player unfriendly the game can be. However, his voice made it extremly painful to get through the entire video and he does come off as an ADD kid.

    I find it funny how he says toward the end "I'm sure some of you out there who like the game are going to be bashing me for what I said..."  Good call mate!

    A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

  • raff01raff01 PARISPosts: 453Member

    Originally posted by osmunda

    @ raff:

    No argument. MO does have a rough introduction.  That being said, I don't get the feeling he played much  more than he recorded.  I'm not even entirely sure he went back and hit "H"

    I found a rabbit, and chased the terrified creature through the woods for a good five minutes, desperately, pathetically hacking at the air, trying to kill it.  After finally giving up on this, I looked up to find myself lost in the woods, with a wolf nearby.  Of course, this would be like any other MMORPG, in which wolves are newbie-food, and thus easy prey for me!  I moved in to attack the wolf, only to be overwhelmed and torn apart.

     I went to the nearest tree, and tried to use my “harvest” skill, the same one the weird, poorly-translated NPC told me to use on trees to get wood.  It didn’t work.  I tried many other trees to no avail.  I tried… attacking the trees.  Nothing.  After running around a bit more, I finally gave up, and decided to leave Mortal Online to those far more dedicated than I.

     

    Attacking rabbits and harvesting wood are far from being complicated in the game.

    P.s. How would he even know if housing is working properly ?  Was he expecting to walk into someone else's house?

     

    I'm not speaking about the video review as its terrible too. I'm speaking about the conclusion he wrote, I think it suits MO pretty well.

    and I also loved the sarcasm about being a professional sleeper and how ridiculous that is, I think it highlights pretty well the inexperience of SV who will focus on such thing as sleeping horsebreeding etc while so many other essencial stuff is missing...

  • deathshrouddeathshroud londonPosts: 1,366Member

    game is certainly harsh on new palyers, the curve is almsot to eve online release proportions.

     

    also there are no skills for sleeping, there is no sleeping skill and you dont raise skill points sleeping.

    However resting you do, i guess resting is sort of like meditation, the more oyu do it the better you cbecome

    there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

  • BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsPosts: 2,280Member Common

    I love customizing my cheek size.

    Get it?

    10
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.