Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamescon 2011 video - 1.5...1.6...1.7 OMG!!!

PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/245079-rift-1-5-onward-video.html#post3005946

This video is taken at gamescom 2011, talkin with some high up people in the rift commuity. Keep in mind this video was talken in germany, and the bottem text is in german. Here is the video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol8dQIPmN2Q

here is the description translated into english

We (Guild Result - Always guard) were on Wednesday at the GamesCom in Cologne and were lucky an appointment for a private conversation with Vice President / Executive Development Director Russ Brown and grab RIFT Producer Adam Gershowitz. This time the facts of the conversation

Facts 1.5:

- 1.5 coming in late September - early October

- There will be "single-Dungeons," belonging to the so-called "Chronicles of Telara". These dungeons are designed for casual gamers and the difficulty is independent of the players who are in the instance, ie you can do it solo but also with a number (will be easier). You can literally right in there with lvl 50 and thus equip themselves a little bit, but only doable solo expert if you have already made a couple of t1 has dungeons and has collected some blue / epic items. It will provide expert expert t1 tokens as in the other dungeons. The instance was shown Hammer Hall so that core and casual gamers the chance to see this instance and no-one feels excluded.

- "Master Mode" will come. It will be really hard for people to be more than casual but are not go raiding every day (It was mentioned several times that the producers have almost an order for content. First come the 20 man dungeons, then for those who do not 20 So you have 5 groups of 10 and then at the end of the casuals who play 1-2 times a weeks or inflexible). The first two dungeons are now being tested Darkening Deep's Deep Strike and Mines. With time, more then likely follow, depending on what instances would like to see the community.

-The new Warfront "Library of the rune master" is coming.

- There will be a "Planar Achievement System." From level 50 you get experience points gained for which you can distribute trees in six special bonus. These trees are used for fine-tuning of the classes. It is thus not at once but you can OP his character, to adapt full attention.

Other facts:

- The new 10-mans "Phoenix Risen" or "Rise of the Phoenix" (no idea how accurate it is called) will not come with a 1.5 because it will put its attention more with 1.5 on the above stuff.

- The new 10er Raid the Hammer Hall will have difficulty even!

- The new area will not come with 1.5

- There will be new Raidrifts with the new area (the earliest from 1.6-1.7)

- There are new aspects of "social life" are planned, ie It is sometime a "Barber Shop" where you can edit to give his character's face

- The issue was discussed and leather warrior. RIFT working hard on the balancing of the items and their goal is that each class also will carry only their own armor. Warriors should therefore stop with their brand to buy leather items because the items will be changed gradually

but just better enough watch the video

other stuff mentioned: 1.6 or 1.7 content?!?! "Ember Isle comes out in 2 patches"

Comments

• KoyotiKoyoti Member Posts: 24

Oh my fuc************ God !!!

Sounds Like Amazing !! Ok guys, lets talk: Trion come to win !

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Koyoti

When I watching this I was like...ok that is cool...ok that is cool too...okkk that too...holy shit that also.....wohh your kidding me that too!??!?.....holy crap end of September...what what what!

Pretty much everyone I have talked to said this is expansion type content. Alternate Advancement by itself is beyond major. I am now fully convinced Trion devs are chained to their chairs and have IV bags of Red Bulll fed directly into their veins.

• KoyotiKoyoti Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Koyoti

When I watching this I was like...ok that is cool...ok that is cool too...okkk that too...holy shit that also.....wohh your kidding me that too!??!?.....holy crap end of September...what what what!

Pretty much everyone I have talked to said this is expansion type content. Alternate Advancement by itself is beyond major. I am now fully convinced Trion devs are chained to their chairs and have IV bags of Red Bulll fed directly into their veins.

lololololololol

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Master mode will probably just be how T2 & T1 dungeons were before the nerfs with one or two extra bosses in each.

THats cool with me.

The solo content being for only t1 quality bothers me. I mean why cant they make challenging solo & duo content? that actually gives gear equive to the high end?

I think overall Trions catering to the hardcore, and how raiders always need the best shit will have me happilly moving along to a new game.

I dont like feeling like some second citizen.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

Master mode will probably just be how T2 & T1 dungeons were before the nerfs with one or two extra bosses in each.

THats cool with me.

The solo content being for only t1 quality bothers me. I mean why cant they make challenging solo & duo content? that actually gives gear equive to the high end?

I think overall Trions catering to the hardcore, and how raiders always need the best shit will have me happilly moving along to a new game.

Riddle me this: Why do you want raid gear if you never plan on raiding? I have NEVER seen anyone actually answer this question.

This is like a guy walking up to you saying hey I found the cure to cancer and you going well that is great and all, but what about the cure for Aids. I am shocked how people just try and write this off. You do REALIZE this is literally what people will be bitching about on the SWToR forums in like 3 months right?

I know damn well I dropped one or two threads BEGGING Blizzard to do any of the things mentioned in that video above and got completely ignored. Their answer to SWToR is another raid and some heroics. Trions answer is basically adding just ridiculous changes to the game BASED PURELYYYY on forum feedback and request from the community.

Short of mailing you epic gear when you hit 50 Trion is killing just a ridiculous amount of option for raid gearing. I mean he literaly says Chronicles was made for the guy who plays 1 or 2 hours a week to get gear the minute he hits 50.

THats cool with me.

Riddle me this: Why do you want raid gear if you never plan on raiding? I have NEVER seen anyone actually answer this question.

This is like a guy walking up to you saying hey I found the cure to cancer and you going well that is great and all, but what about the cure for Aids. I am shocked how people just try and write this off. You do REALIZE this is literally what people will be bitching about on the SWToR forums in like 3 months right?

I know damn well I dropped one or two threads BEGGING Blizzard to do any of the things mentioned in that video above and got completely ignored. Their answer to SWToR is another raid and some heroics. Trions answer is basically adding just ridiculous changes to the game BASED PURELYYYY on forum feedback and request from the community.

Short of mailing you epic gear when you hit 50 Trion is killing just a ridiculous amount of option for raid gearing. I mean he literaly says Chronicles was made for the guy who plays 1 or 2 hours a week to get gear the minute he hits 50.

Because raid gear is the best gear...

This is a game thats about obtaining tiers of armor/items and weapons right?

Once you stop leveling the only way to make yourself better is to get gear.

We need alternative ways to get good armor, if the rewards arent equal why bother?

I want to do Fucked up hardcore own your fucking face 5 man dungeon. ten times harder than the original 5 mans we had in the game. dungeons that if a healer misses a healing rotation for a second they entire thing is a wipe. 

If im going through that as my advancement why shouldnt i get equiv gear to raid shit? 

same goes for solo/duo *& open world stuff. if im willing to invest in hard challenging content why shouldnt i get the good stuff also?

Edit: seriously why must the people that play all fucking day and make 4-5 day a week schedules get all the best shit? 

Why must i be made to feel like im a peice of shit because i cant log 40 hours into a video game a week and listen to some twat on voice tell me what to do for four hours a night? 

I should play how i want and get good shit also as long as my stuff is challenging.

You did not click on the link did you and actually watch the video  right? The new Master Mode 5 mans give T1 raid gear and are current 5mans kicked up a nothc on difficulty and have extra bosses added for extreme mode.

They talked about it for like 5 minutes in the video. Basically exactly what you are asking for.

You did not click on the link did you and actually watch the video  right? The new Master Mode 5 mans give T1 raid gear and are current 5mans kicked up a nothc on difficulty and have extra bosses added for extreme mode.

They talked about it for like 5 minutes in the video. Basically exactly what you are asking for.

Thats not good enough...

T1 raid shit! Who gives a shit master modes will be the hardest content in the game for 5 man players if they are even slightly harder than pre-nerf dungeons they should give hammerknell type gear. 

Again why must I be a second class player because i choose to play in a smaller group?

That entire interview made me sick. "the raiders get the best content and then we toss everyone else a bone little by little" He could go F*** himself!

Thats not good enough...

T1 raid shit! Who gives a shit master modes will be the hardest content in the game for 5 man players if they are even slightly harder than pre-nerf dungeons they should give hammerknell type gear. 

Again why must I be a second class player because i choose to play in a smaller group?

So you are not happy they are giving you T1 raid gear for gathering 1/4 of the people needed to do actually 20man content. You want more. The assumption you are making is this will not be on par? Obviously we have not seen the itemization, but them even giving us this is a pretty major step for any MMORPG company to be making.

Thats not good enough...

So you are not happy they are giving you T1 raid gear for gathering 1/4 of the people needed to do actually 20man content. You want more. The assumption you are making is this will not be on par? Obviously we have not seen the itemization, but them even giving us this is a pretty major step for any MMORPG company to be making.

Why should I be happy? I thought they would smarten up and treat everyone equally. Why must I be given raiders sloppy seconds? They get brand new raid content with new dungeons and i get to run the same dungeon ive run twice but this time its ten times harder (which im fine with) but still yeilds shitty rewards compared to the tier 3 raiders.

Again they get the new content and we get the rehased shit like we dont matter...

Also you seem to be stuck in that shitty wow mentallity that More players equal better rewards ive cleared both GSB and RoS and im sorry but those places were a fucking joke. shit... pre-nerf GP was harder than both and thats a crap ten man.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Heretique

Hate to say it but - yawn.

Ya know. I agree.  I really enjoyd my journey in Rift.

But this is the expecation and what gets giddy applause?  A couple more single-player dungeon content elements and a 10-player Raid? Really?  I thought this was a massively-multiplayer online RPG, but as with many of its' counterparts, is acting like a single-player redundantly instanced lobby-system rpg with a few maps that your encouraged to grind ad nauseum for $15 bucks per month?

No, Im not paying to play this any more, and for obvious reasons.  Part of me should be happy, though, that this fills a niche.

You want to put coordinating 5 players on the same level as coordinating 20 people? Now you are just trolling a Rift thread for the LULZ

I say some wild shit some time, but I do accept the reality there is a crap ton of effort that goes into these 20man raids. I mean seriously they are giving you a single/duo VERSION of the Hammerknell 20man raid. Your arguement is completely pointless right there for the simple they will see a storyline and gear the 20man raid will not see.

You guys ask for 1/2/3 man content and intense super hard t1's and t2's that reward raid gear. they give it too and now you want even more for less effort. Yes it is less effort.

Hate to say it, but reported for trolling. Just because trolling Rift threads is the new and hip thing to do does not mean you should

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Now I can run solo dungeons in my spare time and get competitive gear for world events and pvp rifts. Very cool news. Good job Trion!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I agree entirely with what Z3R01 is saying.  Why can't we solo and smaller group casual players not have access to some nice high end gear too, as long as we go through a lengthy series of quests or events to obtain it.

And to answer your question "Puremallace" ~why do we want high end raid gear if we're not raiding~, well obviously to be on par with other players and not feel left out of the best stuff.  Every MMO since forever has been about gear once you get to the end game, even more so since WoW.  Why is the entire game based on solo and small group content, but as soon as you hit end game you're forced to raid in large groups only.  There needs to be solo and small group options for the best stuff too, and they just have to add in appropriate time sinks to even it out.

And I'm even ok with them making the pure raid gear slightly better looking and of more vibrant colors, than the stuff from solo / small group.  That way, the raider that thinks they're all that and a bag of chips stand out a little still.  I don't give a crap, I just want some high end gear with great stats.

To answer further why I'd want it if I'm not going up against raid encounters, why not!?  Why not have that great gear to go back and destroy older content for the fun of it, or slaughter an NM or other mobs that may have given you trouble while leveling, or even an instance.  And here is an open world example regarding PvP, and PvP Rifting ~ Lets say little ole me is engaging in some PvP rifts, doing fine against other players similar to my situation of having basic gear.  Then along come the hardcore raiders, in far better gear, that we do not have, will never have and they steamroll us, over and over again.  Thats not very fair, the only way for us to compete with that is being forced to raid.  

So yeah, there needs to be options for us to get equivalent gear for our desired playstyle...

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

I think everyone hear has had good points on this topic. I wish they would make some new starting areas personally with a whole slew of new quests, raids of all sizes (more dynamic raids),and more dungeons, ones that take great team effort even at low levels.  But more content is always good news from a mmo company, especially cause its at no added change from the monthly sub, how it should be (xpacs for a monthly sub ?).

Originally posted by Khrymson

I agree entirely with what Z3R01 is saying.  Why can't we solo and smaller group casual players not have access to some nice high end gear too, as long as we go through a lengthy series of quests or events to obtain it.

And to answer your question "Puremallace" ~why do we want high end raid gear if we're not raiding~, well obviously to be on par with other players and not feel left out of the best stuff.  Every MMO since forever has been about gear once you get to the end game, even more so since WoW.  Why is the entire game based on solo and small group content, but as soon as you hit end game you're forced to raid in large groups only.  There needs to be solo and small group options for the best stuff too, and they just have to add in appropriate time sinks to even it out.

And I'm even ok with them making the pure raid gear slightly better looking and of more vibrant colors, than the stuff from solo / small group.  That way, the raider that thinks they're all that and a bag of chips stand out a little still.  I don't give a crap, I just want some high end gear with great stats.

To answer further why I'd want it if I'm not going up against raid encounters, why not!?  Why not have that great gear to go back and destroy older content for the fun of it, or slaughter an NM or other mobs that may have given you trouble while leveling, or even an instance.  And here is an open world example regarding PvP, and PvP Rifting ~ Lets say little ole me is engaging in some PvP rifts, doing fine against other players similar to my situation of having basic gear.  Then along come the hardcore raiders, in far better gear, that we do not have, will never have and they steamroll us, over and over again.  Thats not very fair, the only way for us to compete with that is being forced to raid.  

So yeah, there needs to be options for us to get equivalent gear for our desired playstyle...

Guess what I will back off if you take what you just posted...copy and paste it right here. You can not lecture me about something you better be asking for in that game in your sig.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Let say you played the game. Assuming you did then you would obviously know any idiot bringing pve gear to a pvp fight in Rift has a 100% chance of getting his ass owned because of a a stat called Valor. You know this as Resilieince. This stops some super geared Hammerknell or whatever player from entering a Warfront and auto winning.

Guess what I will back off if you take what you just posted...copy and paste it right here. You can not lecture me about something you better be asking for in that game in your sig.

Lecture you!?  You asked a question and I answered it....ROFL

And I post stuff like this in the forums for every major MMO, but you hard-core raiders whine much louder and far more often than I do, thus you always get your way.  Every MMO's end-game is just how you like it, and the options I'm proposing wouldn't effect you in any way...so riddle me this then:  "why the fuck do you care if we solo and small group players are able to get equivalent gear?"

Just because raiders have more time and patience doesn't mean you should always get the best new gear and content. 

• mf16mf16 Member UncommonPosts: 65

I think the answer is simple then no one would do the raiding, seriously why do a 20 man if you can do a 5 man for the same gear and thus raiding would cease to exist or become rare in the game.  You'd get gear so much faster because your also in only a group of 5 people. Would i like to see the end of raiding? sure don't get me wrong their fun the first time or two but grinding a raid instance that last a couple hours or more for months to get gear is boring. But not to insult anyone but the answer is so damn simple why give everyone what they want? why end raiding its their cash flow at end game. everyone isn't equal so they reward those who invest more time more rewards hardly anyone will to a raid if they can just get 5 people and get the same stuff in a quarter of the time and adding months of work just for n item for look? not gana happen the games end game would well end hit 50 get your gear then...what? I don't like it but business wise its smart, plus whats this get "smarter devs" they are smarter these mechanics that are hated so much are the same ones that brought the mmo market to its height (which it is at) it is today so until a game legitimately fails not just less then 1mil people play wow is bigger you failed actually flops they wont change the market especialy since the two biggest mmos use the same type of mechanics and most "indie" titles flop harder then the cookie cutters. I hope that one day some devs will take a huge risk and actually be rewarded for their creativity just as well. 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Hey what's this talk about a new zone?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Hey what's this talk about a new zone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhUxInV8sgw

I assume the idea was the keep us out of there, but it appeared on the pts one day and ever since then even with insivible walls people have spent a lot of time trying to get there.

It is the size of Shimmersand + Stillmoor combined it seems.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by mf16

I think the answer is simple then no one would do the raiding, seriously why do a 20 man if you can do a 5 man for the same gear and thus raiding would cease to exist or become rare in the game.  You'd get gear so much faster because your also in only a group of 5 people.

Most raiders I've heard says they dont do it for the gear, but to complete group content. It's the people who scream that they want to do only group content in mmo's. Also casuals/soloers/small groups are so big part of the community that they really shouldnt be left out feeling they are second citizens or less important than anyone else. Just give lengthy solo/small group content with almost as good rewards as raiding and everyone should be happy unless they are lying.

Sure pve gear is crap in pvp, but who does better: A casual who has casual gear entering the pvp scheme, or a raider who has raiding gear entering the pvp scheme, yes the raid gear is WAY better than some random gear.

In all honesty I think most of the raiding community just thinks so damn highly of them self for completing the end-game stuff, that they come up with any excuse for everyone else not to be able to be competitive in same manner unless with raiding only (which makes it also a lot harder to enter raiding "later on"). I did raid in mmo's before I got a 3 shift job, it was fun and easy with a good guild, no we didnt get "server firsts" but we came close behind with not too much effort. Would I have cared if some soloers/casuals had almost as good gear as I did for some lengthy non-raid or alternate content? No. Why should I? I dont get it. I raided because it was fun to be in the "raiding game" and check which guilds we beat etc, and just generally for having awesome guild.

• SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Ya know. I agree.  I really enjoyd my journey in Rift.

But this is the expecation and what gets giddy applause?  A couple more single-player dungeon content elements and a 10-player Raid? Really?  I thought this was a massively-multiplayer online RPG, but as with many of its' counterparts, is acting like a single-player redundantly instanced lobby-system rpg with a few maps that your encouraged to grind ad nauseum for $15 bucks per month?

No, Im not paying to play this any more, and for obvious reasons.  Part of me should be happy, though, that this fills a niche.

I think you just answered my personal question as to why I play mmo's... What you said right there pretty much sums up EVERY mmo. WHY can't we EVER have an mmo 'RPG', the RPG often feels gone in mmo's today. It's all grind this, grind that, why can't we kill 10x of something because we feel conntected to the story line? It's all 'sup bro kill 10x and I'll give you this', their's no consequence and you can continue progressing through the game without the completion of said quest.

Take obvlivion for example, when their is the attack at Kvatch, you can't progress through the story until you clear the whole city out. But if it was an mmo, there would be a quest giver outside kvatch, you run in, clear it, 10 minutes later everything has respawned and the player next to you is doing the same thing. While I understand that it's an mmo, but developers need to think outside of the box, and provide DYNAMIC content, not static. Dynamic content = MASSIVE replayability.

In a nutshell. BEST MMO = VARIETY + DYNAMIC CONTENT

3 pages of focusing on 1 out of 5 new things coming to the game. We can debate Hardcore vs Casual until we die of old age, but we do have to agree that atleast Trion is attempting incorporate casuals into the raiding scene.

I mean last i checked Blizzard said screw that years ago. Advance on what we consider the right approach and if you do not like it unsub and go play something else while they maintain a monopoly meaning their are no options to go to for a qualitiy dev.

Would we be looking at solo/duo instances in Rift if GW2 was not gaining so much hype for more casual content? Would WoW be getting a wardrobe NPC after 7 years if Rift had not come along or SWToR/GW2 had come along? It does seem like devs in the past few years have been hesitant to include casuals like Trion is attempting too.

Trion is doing this from scratch honestly. Yes LOTR has skirmishes, but are they smaller versions of 20man raids?? They have rumors about how GW2 will work and some screen shots and here say, but nothing about itemization or details as to "why will someone want to do this?". People can go ahead and try and right it off or whatever, but I get the feeling this is going to go over in an incredible way.

To the people who think removing the carrot or just giving the carrot away do not get how P2P mmo's work and are apparenrly far to used to F2P or B2P mmo models. Your statements make this very obvious to me where 15$ is not that much whatsoever a month and having to earn my gear is appealing.

You guys are arguing something you lost years ago. Go ask the 11.1 million people still playing WoW how they feel about this. They might say they hate it, but every month for 7 years they have subbed to this model of gaming. What is this dream MMO that works like that even coming close?

For those of you arguing gear for little to no effort all I have to say is this. It has and always will apply and I do not agree.

So I watched the entire video now, and I'm really really liking where Trion is going with Rift.  I would still like to see we solo/small group players having more options, but if Trion continues to expand on this new path and make the current raid/storylines available for all playstyles, then I'll be more than content!

Its just there are so many MMOs where there is tons of additonal story and lore at end-game, but I've always been left out of it cause it was raid only.  Having to resort to watching someone else having fun experiencing it on YouTube, just to see it.  I used to raid back-in-the-day for EQ, FFXI, DAoC and I'm just spent on that type of content.  I just don't have the patience for it, plus I have qutie a few distractions at my age now and I can't dedicate 6-10hrs a night like I used too.

So yeah, huge applause for Trion ~ keep up with the addition of awesome new features.  Pretty sure I'll be returning to Telara for the 1/2 yr B-Day event then resubscribe starting on Sept 1st and start playing towards lvl 50 again...

Originally posted by Torvaldr

This is it exactly Z3R01.  They can make all the second class solo/duo content they want, but I'm not subbing back to the game for a second class experience.  I like to group if I want to, with my friends or guildies, not because I have to.

I'm not going to pay them $15/mo to have them throw me a bone for a second rate game experience and then thank them like they've done me a favor.  They still don't get it.  Too bad, try again.

So if someone likes to raid and do full size grouping then 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 are probably OMG!!111eleventyone!11!!  Then again, if you're a raider this game is already an OMG treadmill of "fun".  For me, not so much.

So they release solo content and you are mad? Your excuses for trying to right this game off are sort of ridiculous...blah blah blah they have large scale pve content and that makes you angry.

You know there is a question I am waiting for GW2 fans to answer and I doubt it will ever happen. Why can there be large 40v40 pvp battles, but when it comes to large scale instance pve content people just get so offended. Have elitist from WoW just absolutely described this genre of game?

The super hardcore have their raid with Hammerknell. Let them go bash their heads in there and have fun. They are giving casuals a crap ton of stuff to do and people are mad that their are raids in the game?? You want super duper raid gear AND YOU DO NOT RAID. This debate is on the verge of sounding like insanity. You wan gear you will never use because someone else has it.

I honestly hope they never listen to you because this smells of trying to mix this console fps/rts crap into a MMORPG and the day it happens this genre is dead. There will no longer be reward for time invested anymore. Everything will just be handed to you with little to no effort and the entire point of MMORP's will be gone.

Like I said I know it is real hip to troll Rift threads, but if you want to fanboi the system you are asking for take it to the GW2 sub forums because Rift is not that game. You guys are simply trying to remove the MMO from MMORPG. "I do not want to have to work with anyone else to have the best gear in the game" <---that is all I hear and it will never happen.  If you need a guild then come to Millrush and join Heroic and learn that raiding is not the most evil thing ever invented.