Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be careful what you say...

ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

I've seen many posts in here about people being banned for silly things, but if go into

the general chat in game & sift through the midless spam & you will see the odd person

complaining about the games matchmaking being broke / crap (which it is) or you may

see someone complain about the game balance or other such things, these are the

people you will see get banned, ive seen a lot of ppl get banned, a good hanful deserved

it or got good warning.

Bu a guy i know got banned today for saying "the game balance is broke" he got told to

"stop trolling" he then said "it is & he could prove it", i jokingly said "even if you prove it

they wont acknwledge it & you'll get a ban" ...then he then got chat banned.

I agree in strong moderation to keep the players in check but these guys are from the

1940's they get rude & take a tone with people, they act like gods in their little chat room.

Any new players i would advise not going into the chat room, if you have an opinion or

you cant help answering back, even if your right...

...But if you like to talk total crap about non-game related stuff then your ok.

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Played:
SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

Comments

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

Russian PR at its best :3

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by ukforze

I've seen many posts in here about people being banned for silly things, but if go into

the general chat in game & sift through the midless spam & you will see the odd person

complaining about the games matchmaking being broke / crap (which it is) or you may

see someone complain about the game balance or other such things, these are the

people you will see get banned, ive seen a lot of ppl get banned, a good hanful deserved

it or got good warning.

Bu a guy i know got banned today for saying "the game balance is broke" he got told to

"stop trolling" he then said "it is & he could prove it", i jokingly said "even if you prove it

they wont acknwledge it & you'll get a ban" ...then he then got chat banned.

I agree in strong moderation to keep the players in check but these guys are from the

1940's they get rude & take a tone with people, they act like gods in their little chat room.

Any new players i would advise not going into the chat room, if you have an opinion or

you cant help answering back, even if your right...

...But if you like to talk total crap about non-game related stuff then your ok.

Reading general chat in WoT and then whining writing about it is like reading and synopsizing local in EvE's Jita.

The part about ppl being banned for the matchmaker complaints is just an outright lie. Just go to the offical forum and see for yourself multiple threads about the MM, including one pinned with a poll.

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

there is no freedom of speech on that WOT games forum. 

(mod edited)

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Vesper11
    Russian PR at its best :3

Hey now! Those ex KGB interrogators need jobs too!

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

I like the game. I have a feeling the kid got banned for using a clickie bot or whatever you call it and is Kiddie Raging here.

The forum has posts with negative posts (as every forum has). Those people aren't banned.

• PthyxisPthyxis Member Posts: 2

Excellent advice, UKforce.  Avoid general chat. 

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Dojen

I like the game. I have a feeling the kid got banned for using a clickie bot or whatever you call it and is Kiddie Raging here.

The forum has posts with negative posts (as every forum has). Those people aren't banned.

You have some very strong sixth senses lol. And your reply is typical of the responses on that forum when people that work for WOT reply to people whining about the game.

TBH i like the game, its a great game but the forum is policed far too heavily. I've seen loads of people banned for venting frustration. Posts are deleted, mods edit stuff etc, people are given unjustified bans. That is not a way to run a games forum. Freedom of speech needs to be addressed on there or you'll simply alienate the community.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Originally posted by Dojen

You have some very strong sixth senses lol. And your reply is typical of the responses on that forum when people that work for WOT reply to people whining about the game.

TBH i like the game, its a great game but the forum is policed far too heavily. I've seen loads of people banned for venting frustration. Posts are deleted, mods edit stuff etc, people are given unjustified bans. That is not a way to run a games forum. Freedom of speech needs to be addressed on there or you'll simply alienate the community.

I remember lots of topics "not a penny to this company unitl lag is fixed" on official forum after afaik 6.4 patch. Does it qualify as a frustration? Can anything be more blasphemous?

And don't remember anyone, including myself, banned for that.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

My posts are often deleted, but I'm probably a harsh critic.

But.. As I see it I think they are just doing Everything wrong.

I pay for some gold, I get some sparse updates with some new tanks, some I have to pay for some, I wont.

{mod edit}

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Baffa
    My posts are often deleted, but I'm probably a harsh critic.
    But.. As I see it I think they are just doing Everything wrong.
    I pay for some gold, I get some sparse updates with some new tanks, some I have to pay for some, I wont.
    {mod edit}

I've played WoT a little last week (finally one can play with one friend for free, what an achievement, still better than nothing) and I can say not much has changed since beta. New tanks and new maps (just the fluff) and the ability to move corpses, everything else is almost same as it was before. The only noticable changes were the ones people were complaining since beta, then devs told them to stfu and banned/RO'd if they didnt. Now they made those changes just to show how "smart" they are.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

I lol at the sexist and WW2 german clan names that get banned and posted online by no other than Gustav Fuchs, talk about a double standard.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/98-game-rules-enforcement/

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.