Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entire Faxion Online team laid off: Rumor

Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

...but very plausable. I tried this game,as I have many many before it, and it really didn't hold my attention at all.  So, not much of a shocker to me, if this rumor is accurate.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/rumor-entire-faxion-online-team-laid-off/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Massively+%28Massively%29

Comments

• MeyithiMeyithi Member Posts: 48

Dum, dum, dum, Another one bites the dust.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

If this is true, it's kinda sad, especially seeing as sean left BW for this company.  Not sure what he'll do now..maybe go back to BW? who knows

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

From what I read it only released three months ago.  I recognize it from seeing advertisements here, but there are so many that it's not something I ever checked out.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Personally, I love the game, although I recognize it definitely needs a lot more work.  Faxion was underfunded, underdeveloped (due to time constraints, not effort) and released to the public far too early, unfortunately. It has so much potential, but chances are won't last long enough to realize it.

• Originally posted by whilan

If this is true, it's kinda sad, especially seeing as sean left BW for this company.  Not sure what he'll do now..maybe go back to BW? who knows

yea i liked sean when he was over at bioware and was a little worried when he left and they brought in stephen but hes done a great job.  but wouldn't suprise me if they gave him some postion for interecting with the sommunity around launch.  have to imagine they need to get a bunch of people to handle all tickets they will get and what not.

this is assuming the rumor is true of course

edit: oh just noticed your title whilan. booooooooooooooo ;P