Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Customize Your Appearance with Transmogrification in 4.3

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Patch 4.3 for World of Warcraft will finally allow players to transmogrify their armor, that is, to combine the stats of one piece of gear with the appearance of another. Warlock T5 anyone?

An update to the official World of Warcraft website features a preview of Transmogrification in 4.3 along with image examples of the system in work.

The short of it is this, bring your coin and gear to your local Transmogrifier, place the items into the device, and voila! There are a few restrictions though, you can only transmogrify items that have statistics on them, you can't combine different weapon or armor types, and you must be able to actually wear the item(s) you're combining.

Get the full details over at the official World of Warcraft website

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

They're doing this now after all this time?

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

People have been wanting this for a long time, I don't know why, but it's nice to see Blizzard listen to its players. I read these things and I think Blizzard might be cool again...then I remember that activision still lingers nearby.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

So, the "ONE AND ONLY" has done something once people have been asking for years for, awesome.  Shame Aion like, beat them to it. (Im sure other games too, but , dont know 'em.).  Can't wait to see what they add after SW:TOR comes out. :) 

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I  like this. I've got a shed load of purple epics horded over the years due to being an RP'er so it would be good to see them in use again but with Cata stats in looks and allows for a new level of customisation which will quieten some whines for a while.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Better late than never, next stop, player housing ^^

RIP Orc Choppa

I pretty much think this move kind of goes like this.

-

Clueless Management: "OMG WTF?! WE'RE LOSING SUBSCRIBERS! WHAT TO DO?!"

Developer: "I know, let's add a really simple and non-game changing feature that players have been asking for a really long time but we said no because we wanted to maintain the status quo of players having certain types of gear so that every one will know where they got it from when they show it off in town."

CM: "What...?"

D: "Let players change the looks of their gear but keep their stats."

CM: "Why the hell would any one want to-"

D: "Role players."

D: "Means more people will subcribe back to WoW."

CM: "...BRILLIANT!"

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I don't think wanting to wear specific looking armor equates you to a role player...

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by AzurePrower

I pretty much think this move kind of goes like this.

-

Clueless Management: "OMG WTF?! WE'RE LOSING SUBSCRIBERS! WHAT TO DO?!"

Developer: "I know, let's add a really simple and non-game changing feature that players have been asking for a really long time but we said no because we wanted to maintain the status quo of players having certain types of gear so that every one will know where they got it from when they show it off in town."

D: "Let players change the looks of their gear but keep their stats."

CM: "Why the hell would any one want to-"

D: "Role players."

D: "Means more people will subcribe back to WoW."

CM: "...BRILLIANT!"

Hehe, I like that up there ya said :) .......... They add that and thats it or is that just the start to announcements I wonder. Either way, I'd go to the first EVERQUEST before I ever step foot back in WoW. (not jamming on EQ, just , saying I"d rather play out-dated graphics and be behind for-EVERQUEST-er's than play WoW again.)

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Gee, finally after about 7 yrs of service, they have decided to add a feature that i been wantin for...........ever.

Also, THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST DONE IT THE WAY AOC / Anarchy Online etc does,

meanining that;

INSTEAD of going through all this transmorphication whattamacallit stuff,

you SIMPLY HAVE 2* tabs on your inventory screen;

1-Equipment Slots

2-Vanity Item Slots

This way;

- you can change the way you look whenever you want without actually having to visit an NPC,

-AND you dont have to pay for it,

-AND finally; the whole process is even simpler and more inutiative than ever before.

Im glad that they finally added a much needed feature, but im a little disappointed with the  way they intend to implement it :(

Oh well...

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

You know, people shouldn't really be surprised about this. Blizzard obviously keep tabs on the most demanded features but they still have their ways on prioritizing things. Wether this was one of those features intentionally held up to be used as a tool for keeping the game alive or not can only be up to our speculations.

As someone else pointed out..expect player housing...in the future.

Originally posted by KhinRunite
    You know, people shouldn't really be surprised about this. Blizzard obviously keep tabs on the most demanded features but they still have their ways on prioritizing things. Wether this was one of those features intentionally held up to be used as a tool for keeping the game alive or not can only be up to our speculations.
    As someone else pointed out..expect player housing...in the future.

When it was never announced for cataclysm, let alone it said they would never do this and came out of left field after the news of rapid subscription loss. Not to mention how simple this was possibly to implement.

Yes. It does come as a surprise.

Just shows how stubborn Blizzard-Activision is until they start losing out on profits.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

All this really means in gameplay terms is that you'll have another money sink to spend your gold on. Now, if they went and tweaked the old dungeons to make getting those nostalgic items actually a brand new experience, then we'd be talking serious business. And yeah, NICE TIMING GUYS.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

LoL took WoW many years to implement such as simple feature many other games has for years and WoW generates so much money , they don't have a problem with spending on developing.

Well it just proves again that amount of profit don't equal more money spend on development :/

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

You do not implement "most-wanted" features when your subscribtion base is rising, or in other words, you have a positive economic growth. Most-wanted features are usually saved for most critical periods - either when your growth is stagnating or even dropping.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by Thillian
    You do not implement "most-wanted" features when your subscribtion base is rising, or in other words, you have a positive economic growth. Most-wanted features are usually saved for most critical periods - either when your growth is stagnating or even dropping.

Who wants to play a game where the features you want only come about when you stop playing?

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by MikeB

Patch 4.3 for World of Warcraft will finally allow players to transmogrify their armor, that is, to combine the stats of one piece of gear with the appearance of another. Warlock T5 anyone?

An update to the official World of Warcraft website features a preview of Transmogrification in 4.3 along with image examples of the system in work.

The short of it is this, bring your coin and gear to your local Transmogrifier, place the items into the device, and voila! There are a few restrictions though, you can only transmogrify items that have statistics on them, you can't combine different weapon or armor types, and you must be able to actually wear the item(s) you're combining.

Get the full details over at the official World of Warcraft website

So WoW copy Runes of Magic got there first hey, its a boring idea for a game thats dying now anyways, im not going to go back on it just so i can do some even more boring stuff with my armor, yeh you might get things looking cooler but come on

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by nyxium

I  like this. I've got a shed load of purple epics horded over the years due to being an RP'er so it would be good to see them in use again but with Cata stats in looks and allows for a new level of customisation which will quieten some whines for a while.

I wish I had all of my old gear. I would love to have my DK starter gear now, but I threw it all away to make bank space.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Who wants to play a game where the features you want only come about when you stop playing?

Not all have stopped...

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Not all have stopped...

Dont ask me. It is considered risky and rather useless if your economic growth is rising and there isn't much more untapped market potential for you to reach for. However, during critical periods, (-900.000 subs) the effort might seem worthy. In other words, generally, if a company becomes a monopoly, or has very little competition, and there isn't much more market space for them to reach for (potential players), do not expect of them to add any new ideas, as those are considered risky - (eventho Cosmetic Inventory is pretty much tested idea and has been part of many games for a decade now -- that just shows how much Blizzard is afraid of adding new things and to what extent will it just rehash the same features) -- but that isn't surprising, Blizzard mastered the "ripping off and play safe" ages ago.

REALITY CHECK

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

It is never too late especially for games which are still on the top.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

It is never too late especially for games which are still on the top.

So much truth to this statement...especially with all the "I guess there is nothing else out, going back to WoW' threads.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

too late, moved on.. good for those that are still playing though

so...

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    A feature I wanted for so long when I used to play will finally be implemented after so long!? After so many threads on the official forums, each with many many posts, NOW they "listen"? Greedy f*cks. Just because of that I don't deem them worthy of my patronage.
    I hope I'm not alone in this.
  • Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

Bah, I can't remember which sets I vendored or d/e'd now.

May be worth resubbing for a month just to prance around in my old T4/T5 or T10 stuff.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

By the time this is released, it'll only taken them 7 years since release to finally have gotten it in the game...

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, it's just irritating to me that Blizzard is finally getting off their asses to implement something like this, a good bit after I've stopped enjoying the game and quit. It's irritating because had this and similar features been added to the game earlier, I might still be enjoying the game -- I'm an RPer and these types of aesthetic features help enable such.