Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Gamescom 2011 video thread

romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Here is a thread to compile all of the Gamescom videos.

Interviews:

High Quality:

Comments

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

Wow, IGN suck so hard that they turned 2 epic boss battles into 1 minute borefest. It's a shame that these will likely be the only HD direct feeds from gamecom (T_T).

Charr Tutorial Boss Battle

*I noticed that ANet really did improve the static boss battles by at least making the target reticles move, with the target.

Gamescom Trailer (better link to use)

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nCHPl_mEU - Boss fight in Asuran territory invaded by undead,

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

A lot of these vids are erroring

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

This is very interesting

Boss Fight: Tequatl the Sunless

I actually liked that. Only problem I see is that is going to be a fps/lag nightmare. Do not tell me this will run perfect on regular Guild Wars setting. That is Aion style graphics and combat and boss mechanics and people could not handle it then and they will not be able to handle it now.

I put some money into my computer so more videos like that and even I might pick this up.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Originally posted by Puremallace

This is very interesting

I actually liked that. Only problem I see is that is going to be a fps/lag nightmare. Do not tell me this will run perfect on regular Guild Wars setting. That is Aion style graphics and combat and boss mechanics and people could not handle it then and they will not be able to handle it now.

I put some money into my computer so more videos like that and even I might pick this up.

The graphics in this game is based on the artists painting it instead of letting a program do the whole job, so it can run on mid range computer.

• InkRavenInkRaven Member Posts: 26

Better quality Asura boss fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNtwF6UjkR0

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Romanator0, can you please clean up the links (like in the GW2guru's compendium) and get rid of the crappy vids. That way people can easily find the vid they want, because as of now, it is a mess.

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92

Good videos thanks for sharing.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

Thief retreating shot has no cooldown again. It also looks like leg shot [cripple] is back at least #1 skill appears to be that.

Watch around 4:58

Originally posted by InkRaven

I'm glad that ArenaNet improved the way these static bosses fights work, like tightening up the mechanics and having the target-reticles actual move with what they are targeting. Now all they'll need to do is ramp up the difficulty and get rid of any bugs (like how the boss died at 40% HP) and these kind of events will be ready for release.

Originally posted by Puremallace

This is very interesting

You forget about programming competence. They have run shatterer on 1920x1200 resolution on gamescom 2011 with everything maxed out and 50+ players taking part in action on i5-750 4gb ram and gtx460. While it is not a bad comp it also isnt high end setting.

Originally posted by Master_M2K

Originally posted by InkRaven

I'm glad that ArenaNet improved the way these static bosses fights work, like tightening up the mechanics and having the target-reticles actual move with what they are targeting. Now all they'll need to do is ramp up the difficulty and get rid of any bugs (like how the boss died at 40% HP) and these kind of events will be ready for release.

Many dynamic events are scaled down for purpose of show. Don't worry :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwWARTOWERde#p/u/0/BqWcn2Ua6lg

HD no shaky no telesync asura vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ryn_E-ug4

charr intro and sylvari male/female custom very high quality

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by wojtekpl

http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwWARTOWERde#p/u/0/BqWcn2Ua6lg

HD no shaky no telesync asura vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ryn_E-ug4

charr intro and sylvari male/female custom very high quality

Those are already up. They're the ones with Wartower.de next to them.

okies:D

Originally posted by wojtekpl

Originally posted by Master_M2K

Many dynamic events are scaled down for purpose of show. Don't worry :)

I already knew that, which is why I was talking about things they need to do, to get these event ready for release.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Boss fights are impressive.

Character creation is good, not as extensive as other games, but enough to make a unique character.

Edit: didn't see the human char creator demo where everything was available at first.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Bumping for others to see and avoid duplicate threads.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Can this one get stickied instead of the one from last year? Or at the very least in addition to?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

bha i ll wait till we get video from the actual game in real time or such ,gees lot of what i see is either bugged or smartcam shot.it is like on xfire lol the feed is supposedly 1080p but on the computer it is so low it is insane lol.and they think user wont notice.
    1920x1080 (1080p)on 23 inch screen this is a the standard HD size!so if it doesnt look good on that size dont record in 1080p lol just use 720p instead!

The OP needs to get rid of all the character customisation vids and replace it with this Direct Recording, from Wartower, featuring all the races.

Also there's the Direct Recording of the Boss battle.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Ya OP: If you could clean up the thread and giving a short desciption of what the footage for the different vids contain. On another topic. I love the way the game looks now, and from the gameplay I've seen (non-boss) it looks great!

scribble scribble scribble

I just saw an amazing Elementalist skill. Go to 5:10 on this vid.

• It would be helpful if the title of the thread had 2011 in it to distinguish it from last years.