Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: GamesCom Trailer Released

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

ArenaNet has unveiled a new trailer for Guild Wars 2 at this year's GamesCom in Cologne, Germany.

The five minute trailer gives us a closer look at some of the game's more PvE oriented content.

Also, for you PvP folks, be sure to check out Jonathan Sharp's blog on Guild Wars 2 PvP.

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Oh wow, I was completely thrown off the very first second of the trailer.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Great trailer!

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Nice marketing, but how about some real pvp gameplay footage.

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

@Arquiteto:

You have to wait till tomorrow for that. Till then, enjoy the trailer in all its glory. XD

• garrygarry Member Posts: 263

Ummmm. Looks to be all CGI - movie quality stuff. But what about in game looks - how close to the CGI is the actual in game play? What I have seen of the demo's so far are pretty much a standard visual like other MMOs. Anyway I certainly enjoyed this trailer, nice job.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by garry
    Ummmm. Looks to be all CGI - movie quality stuff. But what about in game looks - how close to the CGI is the actual in game play? What I have seen of the demo's so far are pretty much a standard visual like other MMOs. Anyway I certainly enjoyed this trailer, nice job.

Apart from the obvious artwork at the beginning that video is all gameplay :)

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Except for the intro concept art, it's all in game footage, garry.

• pstatonpstaton Member Posts: 25

Looks great! Now... for that release date

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Except for the intro concept art, it's all in game footage, garry.

He's probably confused because of a few differences from the game footage you see in the videos...

1.  it's in HD.

2.  The sound isn't noisy gamefloor noise.

3.  It's zoomed in so you can see details better.

4.  There's no UI.

... but yeah, those are all the exact same graphics you'll be seeing in the real game (Assuming your computer is halfway decent)

• tshack88tshack88 Member Posts: 48

Is dat sum Sorrow's Furnace?

This wait is too long!

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

I feel like nerd raging now due to the fact that gw2 is not out yet.

I thought their manifesto was good in showing off gw2 but this set a new bar

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

That was truly epicly awesome!

Archlinux ftw

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

GW2, TERA, Secret World.. 2012 is going to be MMO EPIC

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

...Eh lol it was cool but we just saw a bunch of slow-motion animations and combat...I wanna see what the game is *really* like when playing through quests, with the UI and all of that lovely stuff. You know, what we'll *really* be looking at happening on the screen.

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by Valentina

...Eh lol it was cool but we just saw a bunch of slow-motion animations and combat...I wanna see what the game is *really* like when playing through quests, with the UI and all of that lovely stuff. You know, what we'll *really* be looking at happening on the screen.

There is literally hundreds of hours on youtube of REAL gameplay. Just about all of them are hand-recorded though. :(

The only gameplay we have seen were demos at conventions with a 40 minute timer.

Also, there is no quest. :p

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Originally posted by EvilGeek

Originally posted by garry

Apart from the obvious artwork at the beginning that video is all gameplay :)

No its really not. Its rendered using the ingame engine but it is not real gameplay footage. I want shots from the player perspective. Though that could ruin the artistic cutscene feel of all there trailers. Either way I am buying it. Who am I kidding.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Trailer was ruined because my dog kept whimpering. Then I realized the dog was outside and I was alone in the room........ yeah.  Great video.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Man thats some epic pve.

And the best part? Everyone will get to experience it!!!

This wont be like RIFT where you see am awesome video of hammerknell and know in the back of your head you will never see it.

A-net is creating awesome content that isnt exclusive to the people that play all day everyday.

./cheer

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Z3R01

Man thats some epic pve.

This wont be like RIFT where you see am awesome video of hammerknell and know in the back of your head you will never see it.

A-net is creating awesome content that isnt exclusive to the people that play all day everyday.

./cheer

First solo/duo instance in Rift in like 3 weeks is set inside Hammerknell. Flaw in your logic and it is not Vapoware. it is a good trailor, but it means nothing to me until I see how ti preforms live.

If they impress me live I will become a foaming at the mouth GW2 fanboi like you can not believe, but it has to atleast do a Beta or something.

Originally posted by Puremallace

Man thats some epic pve.

./cheer

First solo/duo instance in Rift in like 3 weeks is set inside Hammerknell. Flaw in your logic and it is not Vapoware. it is a good trailor, but it means nothing to me until I see how ti preforms live.

If they impress me live I will become a foaming at the mouth GW2 fanboi like you can not believe, but it has to atleast do a Beta or something.

I didnt call anything vaporware. I was speaking of the trailer for the HK raid. I also play Rift (sort of) so im not a hater or anything, just want the game to offer me full pve progression without raiding

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

I didnt call anything vaporware. I was speaking of the trailer for the HK raid. I also play Rift (sort of) so im not a hater or anything, just want the game to offer me full pve progression without raiding

What is the end game? What is the goal pve end game? What do I do at max level? These are things I care about. GW2 getting rid of raids for the hell of it makes no sense to me when 11.1 million have proven that this concept is obviously accepted.

I am just not sure how you progress or get that feeling of accomplishment without them.

Originally posted by Puremallace

What is the end game? What is the goal pve end game? What do I do at max level? These are things I care about. GW2 getting rid of raids for the hell of it makes no sense to me when 11.1 million have proven that this concept is obviously accepted.

I am just not sure how you progress or get that feeling of accomplishment without them.

Man... World of warcraft has brain washed so many people.

First things first, in guild wars we dont do content for gear with slight stat upgrades.

In guild wars all content scales to your level, you can group up with your level 10 buddy and your level will scale down to his content so you guys could enjoy it together and its rewarding for both of u.

In guild wars Dungeons are 5 man and can be converted to a brutal hardmode where you can get Rare skins for your existing gear (think cosmetics).

THe game has 1,500 dynamic events that anyone can participate in.

So to answer your very first question. "What is the goal pve endgame?" To play a game because its fun, not to do mindless repeitive content just for gear upgrades.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Everything about this game looks fantastic except one thing: those anime midget PC's with the giant heads. While I'm sure most folks are fine with it, those critters are going to keep me from picking up this game. I can't explain how much their appearance bugs me.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by PhelimReagh

Everything about this game looks fantastic except one thing: those anime midget PC's with the giant heads. While I'm sure most folks are fine with it, those critters are going to keep me from picking up this game. I can't explain how much their appearance bugs me.

I agree but I feel the same way about gnomes, froglooks and a few other MMO races. There is always a annoying race in all MMOs. While I wont refuse to group with any asura I will stay away from Rata sum as if my life depended on it.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by PhelimReagh

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just seems like a shallow one to not play a game in mine. Woudn't the dislike of the lil turds make you want to snuff them out in PvP. Sorry something like this will turn you away from the game though.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.