Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Wrath of Heroes in Garrett's Eyes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com Industry Relations Manager Garrett Fuller has penned a new post in the Staff Blog that speaks to this morning's announcement of Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes. Be sure to swing by the blog and check it out. Let us know your thoughts after you're finished reading!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Ehhhh...my gut reaction is 'Me no likey'. The sober(ish) adult in me says 'I dislike the direction of this IP'. The gamer in me says 'wait and see'.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I dislike the fact that they are (ab)using the Warhammer IP for this.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

So this spinoff game gets the three faction love while the real game gets nada.

Interesting.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

It's an interesting idea to be sure. The MOBA thing is getting (already is?) pretty huge. If you combine awesome arena gameplay, remove the boring PvE elements, add in the Warhammer IP, you COULD have a recipe for success.

Browsing through the WAR forums, it turns out they got some new people in for this project, and they are capable of sharing assets between both games (this and WAR Online). If this ends up being some sort of hit, the money they make (from the cash shop) could be used for WAR as well. It would be a slow process to take assets like the troll/vampire/etc models from WoH, add more abilitis, balance them in AoR, make new armor models for them, etc, but the potential is no doubt there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    There's also a problem that this new game will take sub away. As this game offer more fast and exciting combat.
    Will this game bring new subs to aor? I highly doubt so, as both is different game, new players may join up initially, but when they see the empty initial levels, SC etc they will leave.
    So I don't believe this game will help air much.
    And if this game is successful, mythic may even shift all their attention to it and ea my just close down aor.
    Lets see how all these pans out

RIP Orc Choppa

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by arctarus

There's also a problem that this new game will take sub away. Sliver this game offer more fast and exciting combat.

Will this game bring new subs to air? I highly doubt so, as both is different game, new players may join up initially, but when they see the empty initial levels, SC etc they will leave.

And if this game is successful, mythic may even shift all their attention to it and ea my just close down aor.

Well "premium" for WoH counts as a subscription to WAR as well. So it might just bring people to WAR, seeing as how you'll have access to it anyways if you're a premium WoH player.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Zolgar

Originally posted by arctarus

There's also a problem that this new game will take sub away. Sliver this game offer more fast and exciting combat.

Will this game bring new subs to air? I highly doubt so, as both is different game, new players may join up initially, but when they see the empty initial levels, SC etc they will leave.

Well "premium" for WoH counts as a subscription to WAR as well. So it might just bring people to WAR, seeing as how you'll have access to it anyways if you're a premium WoH player.

yap but players may not stick with war as the problem I've stated, so may not have much help to the mmo, which needs more players.
    As we can see the new f2p didn't boast the sub for t2 and above

RIP Orc Choppa

• FailFail Member Posts: 34

do I see right, that the graphics are cell shaded? thats feels kinda cheap to me