Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: The Savage Coast of Turan - Inspirations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With the new Conan the Barbarian movie on the horizon, it seems only fitting that Funcom would include a tie-in in Age of Conan Unchained. Funcom devs have sent over a terrific look at the inspiration behind the upcoming adventure pack, The Savage Coast of Turan. Check it out and then weigh in with your impressions in the comments.

The pack is also heavily influenced by the upcoming, Conan the Barbarian motion picture from Lionsgate and Paradox, starring Jason Momoa as the great barbarian. The new adventure pack allows us to revisit characters from the upcoming Conan the Barbarian movie and catch up with them some twenty years on. Players will aid and fight alongside Artus as he fights to keep his brotherhood together, and help the master Thief Ela-Shan establish a new thieves guild in the majestic city of Ardashir.

Read more of Funcom's Age of Conan: Unchained: The Savage Coast of Turan - Inspirations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

First inn!!! :D

And so I will be the night of the 18th of Aug, when this yummy content is released..

The Ultimate Breakdown

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Looking forward to this, but I'm going to hold off until after I watch the movie.  Going to try and catch a midnight show.  Hoping the movie does well so we can see more of Howard's work grace the screen.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Can't wait for the movie and the new aoc content!
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

i saw it on test-live. its awesome and big.

• RagnavenRagnaven Member Posts: 483

The problem I have is, like the kull movie, and the other conan's, this movie is very losely based on howards work. At least Conan the barbarian had more to do with his works, all be it his works in kull, than the new one does.  I wish hollywood would learn, this stuff was never broken, do the damn thing the right way and I bet you it will sell more tickets than this butchered crap will. At least the soloman kane movie didn't try to match howard, they just made it a prequil to his works. This movie tries, just like it's predacessors, to rewrite conan's origins.  I'd much rather the movie start with him sacking Venarium, than the crap they try to sell.

Having read the comic that is based on the movie, seen how they tried to rewrite the character, I can say it isn't that good. Conan was written to be a strong man, a man of convictions, a man shapped by his own will not some tragic past. Sorry to get on a rant there, but the facts are the facts. Conan became what it was because of how Howard wrote it, and how everyone else read it and carried it on. There should be some respect for something that has had such life to out live it's creator and continue on through so many other hands. Instead they keep trying to destroy what Howard did to make it there own.