Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV Officially asks fans to come to MMORPG.COM and defend Mortal Online

Comments

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by username509

Mortal Online is simply the best phantasy sandbox MMO on the market right now.  Handsdown.  It has a healthy population and the game has been live now for well over a year.  It's not failing.  It's thriving.  

LMAO... How many copies have been sold... 25000ish?  How many accounts are active now?...3-5000?  (including trials)  Loosing 80%+ plus in "niche" title within 1 year isn't thriving. Its barely surviving judging my SV recent actions and the reduction in staff.

Back on topic,  Happy to see one person showed. image

Come on now Hanoverz Quartely reports are not facts!!!!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by Moreplex

Mortal Online is simply the best phantasy sandbox MMO on the market right now.  Handsdown.  It has a healthy population and the game has been live now for well over a year.  It's not failing.  It's thriving.  

LMAO... How many copies have been sold... 25000ish?  How many accounts are active now?...3-5000?  (including trials)  Loosing 80%+ plus in "niche" title within 1 year isn't thriving. Its barely surviving judging my SV recent actions and the reduction in staff.

Back on topic,  Happy to see one person showed. image

Come on now Hanoverz Quartely reports are not facts!!!!

170,000 players have been atttracted to MO.  There is an official press release which states this! (So it MUST be true....)

But let's try and stay focused on the actual request by Starvault for players to come to MMORPG.COM and defend the game, and maybe keep the pressure on the CM to actually come here (openly) himself and clear up the "grey areas" for us!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by Rohn

Luckily the vast majority of us know better.

Wrong.  You've generated an opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but ascribing it to other people, or pretending to speak for the "vast majority" is wrong..

Please take the time to read through the responses in this thread.  I think it is safe to say the "vast majority" of folks agreed with my post.  I didn't claim it was unanimous, because there will always be the 3-4 of you who feel differently.  In this case though, "vast majority" is easilly quantifiable.

Long Live MMORPG.COM!!!    image

imageimageimage

Slapshot, do you even play MO anymore?

I was always somewhat curious about MO. Since launch, I visited these forums at least once every 2-3 weeks. But everytime I come here theres always a thread by you, spewing negativity, bad mouthing the game and the devs. If you are still playing, its time to unsuscribe, clearly. And if you already did, then its time to move on.

You seem to be fuelled by an hatred about SV and MO.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

and where is that 170k players then ^^

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by fatboy21007

and where is that 170k players then ^^

Well they do have 170K FORUM ACCOUNTS,  hell 4 of them are mine. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193

Is it really that serious here on MMORPG.com or/and is this a desperate attempt to gain members?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by P2PGamer

Originally posted by P2PGamer

Sersiously?  WOW!  The Community Manager at SV has watermelon size... well, you get the point.  If SV actually cared about their game and the fans instead of letting crooked GMs run afoul and pulling favors for people in game, I'd say they may have a point.  Unfortunately, S.V., you made your own mess over there with regards to M.O., now lay in it.  You have no pity from me at all.

Too bad SV cant put this much effort into the actual game vs trying to make the game appear better.

The sad part is, M.O. and DFO both have so much potential.  Unfortunately, until each game is sold and ran by a professional gaming company that potential can't/won't be realized.   S.V. needs to employ GMs that have zero interest in the game world.  NONE.  If you are going to have GMs actively involved in the game world they should be hosting GM ran events not doing favors for their friends.  Aventurine just needs to sell.  Tacos just has no clue how to successfully run/market a gaming company.  That isn't his fault, he is just over his head.  Great idea, short on talent to realize the dream.  Unfortunately, his ego gets in the way of business sense.

as far as i know gms do not have player accounts, i guess what you are reffering to are councilers which are a sort of unpaid gm, they help out with basic help  tasks like stuck commands.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by futnatus

Is it really that serious here on MMORPG.com or/and is this a desperate attempt to gain members?

Its a desperate attempt by StarVault and MMORPG.com hase been pivotal in informing players to things Starvault rather hide/ignore.

I win!!! LOL@U

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

so what your saying is MMORPG.com is also involved in some master plan along with sv? why would this be? because mo recieved a rather decent review from them by chance.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Shizaxxx

So this is basically a nice way of saying: "It sucks we can't delete posts on other websites".

Good stuff, good stuff... "Haters" aren't the only ones who twist the truth - fanbois does it aswell.

This. They've definitely tried to bully MMORPG.com before and Wikipedia.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by deathshroud

so what your saying is MMORPG.com is also involved in some master plan along with sv? why would this be? because mo recieved a rather decent review from them by chance.

MMORPG.com as a medium... OPEN FORUM image

Is this really the best they have to offer?

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by Benthon

So this is basically a nice way of saying: "It sucks we can't delete posts on other websites".

Good stuff, good stuff... "Haters" aren't the only ones who twist the truth - fanbois does it aswell.

Wikipedia also? Cant see Starvault having much impact on anyone given its limited player base.

I win!!! LOL@U

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

Just have to agree with this:

"There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial."

It's a common problem with meta-gaming sites.  Such things happen regularly, not just in this forum, but in almost all of them.

Like I said... feel free to have an open debate on any subject if you disagree.  It's quite different than the one-sided ultra censored version found on the official forums.  The more folks that come here to discuss the better!

I support this effort!

The complaints of censorship on the official forum are way overblown.  Having been a member of a lot of different game communities, it functions pretty much as most of them do.

Yeah, there are those that (wrongly) believe that every statement they make is pure gold, and therefore they should be allowed to say anything they like, but that's not the case on any of them.  They are private forums, and no game company I'm aware of lets people say anything they want.  Hell, this web site doesn't allow people to say anything they want - nor should it.

Well, I can see you've never been to any of LoL's forums. Riot basically turns a blind eye and lets just about anything fly. You guys think the trolling and flaming here is bad? You aint seen nothing yet, lol. A common LoL thread starts with "if you could @$% any ingame female character, who would it be?". Welcome to the LoL playerbase with posters with names like hotsteamedfa_ and my head is har_, yea gotta love it.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Benthon

Wikipedia also? Cant see Starvault having much impact on anyone given its limited player base.

Yeah. That Wikipedia page gets changed like no other and there have been a few times where SV mods and developers have complained to Wikipedia's MVC's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mortal_Online&action=history

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

A lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members on these forums  to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial.  This is 100% true.  If a legitimate critic didn't like the game they would make 2 or 3 posts about how much it sucked and then moved on.  There are people on these forums who have made literrally THOUSANDS apon THOUSANDS of excessive negative posts about Mortal Online.  That's not just trolling. It's a metal problem.  

I can't believe this post is over 7 pages long in less then a day. It just goes to show how Mortal Online can generate debate and friction between openpvp fullloot gamers and there butthurt victems.  Ultimately for anyone who hasn't played this game before I wouldn't believe anything posted on these forums.  Simply install the the game and play the free trial then make your own opinion about the game.  

Did, I had a weasel run away from me at 8 million mph and disappear. I uninstalled. 

Originally posted by deathshroud

thoguht you guys were talknig about moderation on the MO forums and how harsh it was. Its difficult to keep up with how offtopic you guys take these threads.

Perhaps you should read the other posts?   The topic is about Starvault asking fans to support the game @ MMORPG.com and also includes reference to SV trying to increase moderation HERE.( MMORPG.com)

You started the initial thread in the MO Forums (requesting help here) which BlackOpal responded to, how'd you get confused???image

I certainly do not care about your issues with MMORPG.com nor is this the place to voice them.

I win!!! LOL@U

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I just guess SV hasn't bought enough ad-space on mmorg.com to ask for more censorship in the games' forum here.

They should take Funcom and AoC as an example. Back then with adds allover this webpage and along with it the ultra-heavy censored AoC forum here...

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

What exactly is there to defend? I am drawing a blank.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Some people are born to be sheep.

Official post here:

Unread 11th August 2011, 13:19

Black Opal vbmenu_register("postmenu_1194315", true);

Community Manager

On many occasions I have contacted the community manager on MMORPG.com, to try and come up with anything to balance out something like this. Often enough I did get a positive response, however the general feeling I got was that so long as members do not breach the rules, no action will be taken.

There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial. So naturally that website will be extremely controversial towards Mortal Online, and the only way to change that is to have a larger portion of the community participate over there in a constructive fashion.

If you have an account over there; or are an MMORPG.com community member, I would like to ask you to participate in the Mortal Online section, as it does need help from people who are not as biased. Be Constructive, Be polite.

Glad to know the SV management is so involved with this forum!  Our voices have been heard!

PS: I wholeheartedly support this idea.  The more open discussion allowed on an UNCENSORED forum the better!

Post #13 is pretty humorous  "Maybe SV could take legal action against them"...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/65724-so-much-hate-directed-few-over-mmorpg-com.html#post1196344

The later reply is worth reading, if it stays up.

I win!!! LOL@U

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Just have to agree with this:

"There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial."

It's a common problem with meta-gaming sites.  Such things happen regularly, not just in this forum, but in almost all of them.

Like I said... feel free to have an open debate on any subject if you disagree.  It's quite different than the one-sided ultra censored version found on the official forums.  The more folks that come here to discuss the better!

I support this effort!

The complaints of censorship on the official forum are way overblown.  .

Luckily the vast majority of us know better.

Wrong.  You've generated an opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but ascribing it to other people, or pretending to speak for the "vast majority" is wrong.

Isn't that what governments do?

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

The fact of the matter is that people who aren't suckers realize that MO is a hardly finished, bug ridden mess of a game, and the great thing about the forums here is that we can gather to discuss our wide range of negativity or positivity for any title. I've seen the videos, I've read the legitimate reviews of this particular game, and after playing for less than a day (seriously, only a few hours), there's no  way in hell I could ever forgive myself if I told someone else they needed to purchase and play MO. It's the hard truth their dev's don't want to hear: fix your game, add content, and the negativity will go away.

Quite honestly, I was looking forward to MO before release. I was pretty hyped, being a sandbox lover and a player of UO since it beta'ed, but what we got was not what was promised, and I think it's only fair that we get to discuss our let downs on a forum that's considered to be open for discussion.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Official post here:

Community Manager

On many occasions I have contacted the community manager on MMORPG.com, to try and come up with anything to balance out something like this. Often enough I did get a positive response, however the general feeling I got was that so long as members do not breach the rules, no action will be taken.

There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial. So naturally that website will be extremely controversial towards Mortal Online, and the only way to change that is to have a larger portion of the community participate over there in a constructive fashion.

If you have an account over there; or are an MMORPG.com community member, I would like to ask you to participate in the Mortal Online section, as it does need help from people who are not as biased. Be Constructive, Be polite.

Glad to know the SV management is so involved with this forum!  Our voices have been heard!

PS: I wholeheartedly support this idea.  The more open discussion allowed on an UNCENSORED forum the better!

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/65724-so-much-hate-directed-few-over-mmorpg-com.html#post1196344

All I can say is..... LOL. 

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

WoW, Sv needs more help beyond there playerbase defending their broken and corrupt game. Seems like they have no choice now, seems like its getting close to the end time for mortal online. RIP

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Official post here:

Community Manager

Is this post 13?

Unread Today, 19:01

#14 (permalink)

Infractions: 1/1 (4)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeduliMystery View Post

Maybe SV could take legal action against them. Sure maybe posting in a forum isn't illegal, but making several trial accounts, or buying the game over and over again and then calling there credit card company to cancel the subscription is illegal. 

If SV grew some balls they would review there subscription records, look at the chargebacks,and then take anyone to court who made several chargebacks on the same card.

Having credit card fraud on your record would surely help there credit score, and I'm sure we'll see a few less haters on MMORPG.com if these people are taking it up the ass in minimum security prison.

Errr people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw with stones. I wouldn't be surprised if a certain CEO ended up in jail one day. 

Credit card fraud in hundreds if not thousands of cases, the dvd box fraud, false pretences in business.. At this point all it takes is someone to throw the first stone and he's done with.

Inb4 some 14-year-old thinking he has any kind of power.. or purpose in life.

In the same thread as

Old 11th August 2011, 18:19

#5 (permalink)

Community Manager

Share MO with others

Opal Mini Tracker

This discussion has been closed.