Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV Officially asks fans to come to MMORPG.COM and defend Mortal Online

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Official post here:

Unread 11th August 2011, 13:19

Black Opal vbmenu_register("postmenu_1194315", true);

Community Manager

On many occasions I have contacted the community manager on MMORPG.com, to try and come up with anything to balance out something like this. Often enough I did get a positive response, however the general feeling I got was that so long as members do not breach the rules, no action will be taken.

There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial. So naturally that website will be extremely controversial towards Mortal Online, and the only way to change that is to have a larger portion of the community participate over there in a constructive fashion.

If you have an account over there; or are an MMORPG.com community member, I would like to ask you to participate in the Mortal Online section, as it does need help from people who are not as biased. Be Constructive, Be polite.

Glad to know the SV management is so involved with this forum!  Our voices have been heard!

PS: I wholeheartedly support this idea.  The more open discussion allowed on an UNCENSORED forum the better!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Just have to agree with this:

"There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial."

It's a common problem with meta-gaming sites.  Such things happen regularly, not just in this forum, but in almost all of them.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

hahahahahahahahaha ! shutting down everyone on their own forums isn't enough now they're whining on other forums !

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Originally posted by Rohn

"There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial."

It's a common problem with meta-gaming sites.  Such things happen regularly, not just in this forum, but in almost all of them.

Like I said... feel free to have an open debate on any subject if you disagree.  It's quite different than the one-sided ultra censored version found on the official forums.  The more folks that come here to discuss the better!

I support this effort!

Yet this is the only one SV has urged people to come to....image 

Long live MMORPG.COM!

imageimageimage

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Like I said... feel free to have an open debate on any subject if you disagree.  It's quite different than the one-sided ultra censored version found on the official forums.  The more folks that come here to discuss the better!

I support this effort!

The complaints of censorship on the official forum are way overblown.  Having been a member of a lot of different game communities, it functions pretty much as most of them do.

Yeah, there are those that (wrongly) believe that every statement they make is pure gold, and therefore they should be allowed to say anything they like, but that's not the case on any of them.  They are private forums, and no game company I'm aware of lets people say anything they want.  Hell, this web site doesn't allow people to say anything they want - nor should it.

I support this effort!

The complaints of censorship on the official forum are way overblown.  .

Luckily the vast majority of us know better.  Like I said... I welcome open debate here, as a matter of fact I invite Black Opal (who as you can see OFTEN visits these forums) to come here openly and discuss with me any post he thinks is unfair!  Lets be sure to start with the delivery of the CDs people bought which were promised but not shipped 14 months after release though.  I'd really love to have that discussion with him and we can take it from there.  Let's see if Black Opal will do himself what he has asked others to do.  I look forward to his reply in this thread!

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

I support this effort!

The complaints of censorship on the official forum are way overblown.  Having been a member of a lot of different game communities, it functions pretty much as most of them do.

Yeah, there are those that (wrongly) believe that every statement they make is pure gold, and therefore they should be allowed to say anything they like, but that's not the case on any of them.  They are private forums, and no game company I'm aware of lets people say anything they want.  Hell, this web site doesn't allow people to say anything they want - nor should it.

lol ??...

I support this effort!

The complaints of censorship on the official forum are way overblown.  .

Luckily the vast majority of us know better.

Wrong.  You've generated an opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but ascribing it to other people, or pretending to speak for the "vast majority" is wrong.

I disagre with your opinion.  I can't count the times I've seen people complain about censorship on every official forums (and fan run forums as well).  The MO forums are really no better or worse than any other.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Rohn my man here is the truth..

If the game were good.

If the pop was healthy.

If the dev team were not incompitant.

If the game did not have bugs galore.

If every patch did not bring back old bugs as well as new bugs.

If it had CONTENT!

Would not matter jack shit what any website forum said about it.

Look at EVE.  Websites up the ass trashed the game.  Look where it is now.   

Personally I could let the game slid if every patch brought new bugs that they had to deal with but they bring back old ones over and over that just shows inexperience. 

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

Official post here:

Unread 11th August 2011, 13:19

Black Opal vbmenu_register("postmenu_1194315", true);

Community Manager

On many occasions I have contacted the community manager on MMORPG.com, to try and come up with anything to balance out something like this. Often enough I did get a positive response, however the general feeling I got was that so long as members do not breach the rules, no action will be taken.

There have been a lot of things on there that go into very grey territory and a lot of things are purposefully twisted by the members there to sound worse than they actually are and any positives downplayed to seem trivial. So naturally that website will be extremely controversial towards Mortal Online, and the only way to change that is to have a larger portion of the community participate over there in a constructive fashion.

If you have an account over there; or are an MMORPG.com community member, I would like to ask you to participate in the Mortal Online section, as it does need help from people who are not as biased. Be Constructive, Be polite.

Glad to know the SV management is so involved with this forum!  Our voices have been heard!

PS: I wholeheartedly support this idea.  The more open discussion allowed on an UNCENSORED forum the better!

Indeed its positive that our voices are being heard by developers, that was one of the first intentions to open forums I suppose...

There are indeed some grey territories and asking the community to stand up for its game isn't all that bad. But in order to gain our attention as players again SV should really work on their game instead of sending their players on a hunt for more fresh meat. The game needs to be balanced and expanded, unfortunately with the hype around Darkfall 2.0 I think that the times for Mortal Online will be even harder to come.

I wish you well StarVault and I seriously hope that one day you could regain my attention, gosh I was hyped before the game launched.

We should start a petition on the official forums to have Black Opal come here (openly.. not under pseudonyms) and do what he has asked his players to do!   I mean, if you want to talk the talk.. you better be able to walk the walk!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Things must be getting pretty desperate for SV... 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

We should start a petition on the official forums to have Black Opal come here (openly.. not under pseudonyms) and do what he has asked his players to do!   I mean, if you want to talk the talk.. you better be able to walk the walk!

Although I laughed at first, that certainly isnt such a bad idea. If you open a topic, I would be glad to participate in our request.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

this is just so pathetic.  

not only does SV censor their own forums to the extreme, they now want MMORPG.com to do the same when it comes to MO. it's just rediculous. SV may be able to instantly delete any negative comment on their own forums (extremely aggravating by the way) but to actually think that everyone else should do the same.....just rediculous.

fix your damn game SV and we'll stop with the negativity.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

That same highlighted statement can be applied to the supporters of the game as well.

Both sides twist things, fans and haters alike.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

The moth balls in SV's coffers seem to be causing them to panic if they need to resort to nonsense like this.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

That really is the bottom line, if the game was higher quality then none of these issues would be cropping up.

SV handles everything the wrong way though.

- They try to gloss over PR nightmares.

- They take two steps back for every one step forward when it comes to fixing the issues the game has.

- They unjustifiably ban there own subscribers from there forums to try and cover up any possible sign of negativity.

- They constantly contradict themselves, and then claim not to have.

The list goes on and on and on and on....

They need to stop concerning themselves with the opinions of Joe Random Guy, and start concerning themselves with the fact that the game they have produced is broken and bug ridden. Get your priorities straight SV.

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

That really is the bottom line, if the game was higher quality then none of these issues would be cropping up.

SV handles everything the wrong way though.

- They try to gloss over PR nightmares.

- They take two steps back for every one step forward when it comes to fixing the issues the game has.

- They unjustifiably ban there own subscribers from there forums to try and cover up any possible sign of negativity.

- They constantly contradict themselves, and then claim not to have.

The list goes on and on and on and on....

They need to stop concerning themselves with the opinions of Joe Random Guy, and start concerning themselves with the fact that the game they have produced is broken and bug ridden. Get your priorities straight SV.

This and what jack said are exactly true.  They have a long demonstrated pattern of killing the messenger instead of fixing the issue.  Like I said... I hope Black Opal will do EXACTLY what he asked his players to do, and come here OPENLY to defend his game.  I welcome the opportunity to discuss some of the issues with him in an open forum.  I've got quite the list of topics waiting for him and that was just off the top of my head the last few minutes...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I support more players of MO stopping by to share their experiences about the game.  But in general they seem to be better at in game pvp than the verbal pvp generally practiced here. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I certainly don't see the message as unreasonable.  He is not asking everyone to head over here and make accounts.  He is asking people who are already members here to take part in the forums.

It doesn't seem like a campaign or anything.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

I certainly don't see the message as unreasonable.  He is not asking everyone to head over here and make accounts.  He is asking people who are already members here to take part in the forums.

It doesn't seem like a campaign or anything.

Hey.. as I said I wholeheartedly support the idea!  I just hope he will come here OPENLY himself and do the same!

I suggested it before, but I really think an official petition on the MO forums asking him to come here OPENLY would be great!  Perhaps Rohn or one of the other guys could be so kind as to start such a petition over there!

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Maybe Isabelle Parsley will write an opinion piece about how MO excites her.

Originally posted by JuJutsu

Maybe Isabelle Parsley will write an opinion piece about how MO excites her.

Well played.

10/10

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

They're "only" asking to 'participate' in the Mortal Online section, it's not like that could include boosting the rating of the game or anything, now could it? I don't know the game nor the company, so it's possible that it's a decent game. Hmmm, Full loot FFA P2P sandbox, that's not going to appeal to everyone but everyone is welcome to try.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• P2PGamerP2PGamer Member Posts: 121

Sersiously?  WOW!  The Community Manager at SV has watermelon size... well, you get the point.  If SV actually cared about their game and the fans instead of letting crooked GMs run afoul and pulling favors for people in game, I'd say they may have a point.  Unfortunately, S.V., you made your own mess over there with regards to M.O., now lay in it.  You have no pity from me at all.

Power to the Sheeple

This discussion has been closed.