Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: August Ask Cryptic Hints at New Content

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a massive new Ask Cryptic, Star Trek Online's Dan Stahl takes on player questions and publishes over five thousand words as a result. Included in the Q&A is a question about when players might expect to see some new content coming into the game.

A: Definitely the most important question to answer, so I’m cutting to the chase and answering this first.

There will be several new types of content available to play over the next few months. Note these dates are estimates and subject to change.

• Borg Sector Space Invasions (Aug 25)

• Borg Ground Invasion Repeatable Event (Sep 22)

• Borg STF Updates (new loot, new group finder tool) (Sep 22)

• New Event Calendar and Daily Event Schedule (Sep 22)

• New Lore Quests (Sep 22)

• Klingon Academy Zone (Sep 22)

• Episode Progression update (re-leveling nearly all episodes + new Mission Journal UI) (Sep 22)

• Duty Officer System and Assignments (Oct 20)

• Feature Episode Series 4 ready to start (Oct 22)

This isn’t a complete list of everything coming, but a good representation of what the team is working on.

Read more on the Star Trek Online site.

Thanks to jmcgrath for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

cant wait for the invasions and the revised episodes that actually give useful loot. That was an awesome addition to come back to recently in Season 4. Now all that's needed really is the elimination of the walls between parts of the galaxy which is coming in Season 5 WOOT fewer loading screens is always a plus!

• Dante1443Dante1443 Member Posts: 23

Really good update.  I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get a confirmed date for the Enterprise-F.  I'd really like to see it in game.

• residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123

Don't you hold your breath. Daily stuff means meaningless stuff Group events. CoH, DCUO, Wow do this and their...distractions.

STO needs to add real content not revamps or clean ups....NEW MISSIONS.

• BattlesABattlesA Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by residentx

Don't you hold your breath. Daily stuff means meaningless stuff Group events. CoH, DCUO, Wow do this and their...distractions.

STO needs to add real content not revamps or clean ups....NEW MISSIONS.

This!

• QthegamerQthegamer Member Posts: 2

For me, this game is a massive let down.  I wanted to play in a massive galaxy and perhaps beyond.  I did not want to play in an office building full of doors and walls.  I also wanted to have more race options than just the federation vs klingons.  Why cant I be Romulan, Kardasian or even Borg?  This game should not be good vs bad either.  There could be a balanced factional influence system so that you can have all of these major races competing with each other over territory but there are so many things wrong with this game. 

Unfortunately the core problem is the developer.  They used a cookie cutter system that was nearly identical right down to the glaring limitations seen in previous game releases  and just slapped Star Trek lore and skins onto it.  Well from my point of view, you can decorate a turd a thousand different ways but it is still a turd, it still attracts flies and it still stinks. 

• cyb0rgcyb0rg Member UncommonPosts: 7

I refuse to play this until they add Romulans as a playable class.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Qthegamer

For me, this game is a massive let down.  I wanted to play in a massive galaxy and perhaps beyond.  I did not want to play in an office building full of doors and walls.  I also wanted to have more race options than just the federation vs klingons.  Why cant I be Romulan, Kardasian or even Borg?  This game should not be good vs bad either.  There could be a balanced factional influence system so that you can have all of these major races competing with each other over territory but there are so many things wrong with this game. 

Unfortunately the core problem is the developer.  They used a cookie cutter system that was nearly identical right down to the glaring limitations seen in previous game releases  and just slapped Star Trek lore and skins onto it.  Well from my point of view, you can decorate a turd a thousand different ways but it is still a turd, it still attracts flies and it still stinks. 

Exactly right.

The developers seem to be moving in this direction, but I'd say it is too little too late.