Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Glad I Found This Game.

DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Whoa! This is a very good tank battle game (or whatever it's called). I thought it was another one of these Buy More Gold Now games, but it's far from it. I'm going to go play the game, so I will be brief (for me), but I like it so much I'll say a few things.

It's a game where good thinking is rewarded.

Yes, you'll have to learn the hard way in the beginning, but here's a tip for new players: Stay behind the tanks that lead the way and watch what they do (and you should be able to determine if they are doing it well or poorly). Don't be afraid to get blown up while learning; heck, I think I'm fairly good for a noob but when I rush like a chicken without a head into unknown territory (as I sometimes do) I do get blown up.

The forums are your friend. There are good guides there regarding what role your tank or self propelled gun is best suited for. Read them.

You don't need to spend money to advance in the game. You can get any tank you want in the game without gold except for the premium tanks--and those premium tanks aren't anything special as far as I see. Also, people say there is a grind to get into another tank? I play the game to learn how to play it well and have fun. There is no grind. I can have as much fun in my starter tank as with any other tank (that I can so far play--I'm up to the German Luchs scout, fully upgraded, and it's a blast).

Don't charge like an idiot into the enemy lines. As in real life, you will get killed. You have 14 other players who are on your side. It's a team game.

If you are in a scout, don't expect to slug it out with a heavy or medium tank (though if they are noobs you can circle and hit them in the tracks, side and rear). Your job is to be sneaky and to spot where the enemy is, and help when the heavier tanks get there. That being said, if you can think and use terrain properly, you can scout and snipe and do a lot of damage. In combat, the situation is always very fluid. Do what the situation calls for and see opportunities when they arise.   Note: There's no such thing as kill stealing; you get points for damage done, so if someone does you a favor and puts the killing blow on a tank, relax, let him get %5 of the kill while you get 95%; besides, that other tank is still operational and you don't want a lucky shot to kill "you". It's a team game.

The people who make this game want to make money (odd, eh?). If you wish to reward them for a good game it will cost you about $10 or $14 a month. That will double your experience gain (used for upgrades) and cash (used to fix the later tiered tanks and to buy ammo).

That being said, you don't have to pay a dime. You'll get the idea that If Only I Can Get A Better Tank!... Then, when you get that better tank you find out not knowing how to play that "better" tank bites, and then some players come here and say this game is stoopid. No the game's not stupid. They are.

There are no good or bad tanks, there are only degrees of player skill, intelligence and imagination.

Well made game!

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Gonna try it as soon as I get the Pando to work.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by ignore_me

Gonna try it as soon as I get the Pando to work.

Yeah, I'm lucky that way. All games and downloaders have worked for me for the last year and a half (as long as I've owned my current PC).

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Dojen you don't work for WOT do you? Because ALL your posts are straight out of PR school.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Dojen you don't work for WOT do you? Because ALL your posts are straight out of PR school.

Yeah, they pay me thousands of dollars to bring players in.

Have you read any of my other posts about other games?

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Agree completely! Seriously.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

He just sounds like an educated poster to me. I know its hard to find people with a brain around these parts but there are a few ;)

• Vitalis55Vitalis55 Member Posts: 34

Here's another tip. Unless you are platooned with people you know such as friends or clanmates, never ever assume teammates have your back.  It may be that someone actually will but never assume it and make any maneuvers on that trust.

This is more true in lower tier battles (1-3) than the middle (4-6) and high (7-10) tiers. That's how I divide the tiers anyway.

Good luck.  :)

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

You actually  need to pay something for this game to be successful or be able to support all the "cool" tanks., nice PR trick..

• Vitalis55Vitalis55 Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Baffa

You actually  need to pay something for this game to be successful or be able to support all the "cool" tanks., nice PR trick..

I have to disagree with this but I guess it depends on how you define "successful".  There is no reason you can't be successful on the battlefield if you play well.  Game gold can get you special ammo and certain consumables but nothing that puts a tank head & shoulders above a tank that doesn't have them.  And nothing that gold will buy will help a tank against damage from a hit.  That is unless you consider a premium tank which has better armor and more hit points.

For a platoon mate I'll take a skilled non-gold paying player over a unskilled wallet warrior any day. But that's just me.